What would it take?

Debating with the enemy

Old 02-02-2017, 12:26 PM   #256
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Re: What would it take?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Im not debunking, I just feel the need to point out these accusations of the media being biased are certainly true. its a witchhunt. Unfortunately this generation we are raising believes everything its told...Im serious. Its a generation of "if the internet says it and/or if people "like" or gives it "thumbs up" then that's all the validation I need."

So when a major news organization says the President threatens Mexico with Troops...come'on

Let's reserve the term "witch hunt" for the innocent who are being attacked for no reason. Like I said forget the bias from fox or cnn or anyone else. There are plenty of things he has done or said that are more than enough to warrant protesting or witch hunts or straight up disdain for the man.
Fake news is just a ploy to deflect anyone who disagrees with him or takes umbrage with something he said.
Those things being deflected happened. He tweeted it. He said it. It is on record, on video. More than enough garbage has legitimately come out of the mans mouth. Who cares if there is made up shit thrown on top? It does not delegitimize the real news.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-02-2017, 12:28 PM   #257
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Let's reserve the term "witch hunt" for the innocent who are being attacked for no reason. Like I said forget the bias from fox or cnn or anyone else. There are plenty of things he has done or said that are more than enough to warrant protesting or witch hunts or straight up disdain for the man.
Fake news is just a ploy to deflect anyone who disagrees with him or takes umbrage with something he said.
Those things being deflected happened. He tweeted it. He said it. It is on record, on video. More than enough garbage has legitimately come out of the mans mouth. Who cares if there is made up shit thrown on top? It does not delegitimize the real news.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 12:29 PM   #258
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

What would it take?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
It's an obtuse argument. He was recognizing the African-American Museum. GUESS WHAT MUSEUMS HELP PEOPLE DO. Learn more and more about the things/people/history that the museum built to honor.

I feel like we need a 7th grade teacher to help libs diagram sentences or learn listening and reading comprehension. I'll try my best to help:

Note that what the person who asked the question did

-- "When President Trump said "Frederick Douglass was being recognized more and more", do you know what he was specifically referring to?"

Now, be honest, if you read the paragraph it's not really hard to know what Pres Trump was referring to, right?

And by taking the 8 words out of that context, it is misleading at best.

and for the grammar police, yes Trump's who's done, would have been better phrased as "who did", not who has done.

Im glad it took a museum in 2017 to make Trump notice Frederick Douglas. Smfh. It is really simple to see how moronic his statement was. You can dissect it all you want CRed.
As for seventh graders isnt that when most Americans "notice" what a great job Frederick Douglass did? Lmao.
Old 02-02-2017, 12:34 PM   #259
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Old 02-02-2017, 12:34 PM   #260
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

What would it take?

Quote:

Chico if you see and hear the man say something vile with your own eyes and ears about women , and than the next day some bogus news source reports that he also said Santa Claus is a bitch does that mean he didn't say what you heard with your own ears? Why is that "doh". Who gives a fuck about Santa (sending troops to Mexico), when he called out women (mexicans are going to pay for the wall, rapists , etc)?
Old 02-02-2017, 12:36 PM   #261
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Walton View Post

Apparently none as long as it is entertaining.
Old 02-02-2017, 12:41 PM   #262
Schneed10
A Dude

You guys would make great politicians. You argue to be right, rather than arguing to solve problems. Just like our congress.
Old 02-02-2017, 12:42 PM   #263
Schneed10
A Dude

We should have a rule. For every point you want to make, you have to pick a point where the other side is right, and acknowledge it.
Old 02-02-2017, 12:50 PM   #264
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Im glad it took a museum in 2017 to make Trump notice Frederick Douglas. Smfh. It is really simple to see how moronic his statement was. You can dissect it all you want CRed.
As for seventh graders isnt that when most Americans "notice" what a great job Frederick Douglass did? Lmao.
He was recognizing a NEW museum opened in Sep 2016! I agree with you this world has gone cra-cra when we can't acknowledge that the media got it wrong, not Trump - In This Case.

unbelievable
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 12:50 PM   #265
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

What would it take?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
We should have a rule. For every point you want to make, you have to pick a point where the other side is right, and acknowledge it.

Not possible when the other side is Trump. This is not your normal right vs left. Not even close.
My solution is impeachment.
Old 02-02-2017, 12:50 PM   #266
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
You are right.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 12:57 PM   #267
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
He was recognizing a NEW museum opened in Sep 2016! I agree with you this world has gone cra-cra when we can't acknowledge that the media got it wrong, not Trump - In This Case.

unbelievable

Wrong. He was acknowledging that Frederick Douglass did a good job. Lmao. Hey the new museum is a wonderful tribute to the great African Americans from our history. Classy place.
That would be fine.
Do not start giving shout outs to someone you have relatively no knowledge about to try and sway the black vote. That ship sailed. What you wind up with is him and Spicer sounding like idiots. Get used to it.
Old 02-02-2017, 01:06 PM   #268
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Not possible when the other side is Trump. This is not your normal right vs left. Not even close.
My solution is impeachment.
Then why waste your hot air debating with people on the interwebs?
Old 02-02-2017, 01:20 PM   #269
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Then why waste your hot air debating with people on the interwebs?

I figured a thread about Trump was a good place to speak of such things. I keep it out of all other threads, as much as I wanted to pile on Metals trump post and mattys follow up to it in the boob thread.
The eternal hope in me is that one of these Trumpers is going to cave and admit he is terribly out of his league.
You have not exactly been silent in this thread.
What has me going this afternoon is how you can put a positive twist on his comments about Frederick Douglass. Chico thinks Spicer needs to be fired for basically echoing Trumps statement yet Trump is free from criticism?
Old 02-02-2017, 01:28 PM   #270
Schneed10
A Dude

Yeah I like to debate politics as much as the next guy - but I really liked the original tone of this thread, which is basically asking you to consider and identify the things that could possibly win you over. In other words, asking you to be open to considering other views.

I get frustrated when debating people who don't listen or acknowledge the other side, and that is DEFINITELY going on in here right now (sorry NC Skins you're the worst about it). So I bounced.

The whole point of debating is not to be right. That accomplishes absolutely nothing. The point is to listen to the views of the opposing side, and if they're smart and convincing, maybe cause you to see something you didn't before. And if all sides do it, then before you know it there's common ground.

And lo and behold, you could actually govern this way! At least then there's a purpose to it all.