Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

Ukraine mega thread

Debating with the enemy

Old 02-23-2022, 09:03 AM   #256
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Re: Hey there's about to be a war in Ukraine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
This is a better way for the trump sheep to understand what's happening.
Are you calling me a Trump sheep again? I didn't even mention Trump, let alone say something positive about him. But OK.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-23-2022, 09:12 AM   #257
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Are you calling me a Trump sheep again? I didn't even mention Trump, let alone say something positive about him. But OK.
LOL, did not call U a sheep(lol) .You don't mention trump , ......you just expound on his statements and ideas and policies.
Old 02-23-2022, 09:19 AM   #258
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
LOL, did not call U a sheep(lol) .You don't mention trump , ......you just expound on his statements and ideas and policies.
My statement I made was how I've felt long before Trump ever ran for president.

Trump has absolutely no sway on my political opinions. If it sounds like I agree with him on something it's because I've always felt that way and he happens to share a similar opinion.
Old 02-23-2022, 09:37 AM   #259
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
My statement I made was how I've felt long before Trump ever ran for president.

Trump has absolutely no sway on my political opinions. If it sounds like I agree with him on something it's because I've always felt that way and he happens to share a similar opinion.

You might want to think about that.
Old 02-23-2022, 10:16 AM   #260
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Nato, U.N., absolutely useless for us to be in. We pay all the money, our men and women do most of the dying, etc. The whole world takes advantage of us.

If we were fully energy independent, as we EASILY could be and should be, this would be a Europe problem and still should be. We give our debt to China and buy energy from Russia. We give our greatest enemies great leverage over us. I swear we're trying to lose. Weird stuff.

I guess I'm officially back to sharing political opinions. I made it 52 days without saying anything possibly argumentative. Just a little short of 365 days, but still about 45 days longer than I thought I would make it.
Russia is one of the world’s largest oil producers. According to the 2021 BP Statistical Review of World Energy, in 2020 Russia produced 10.1 million barrels per day (BPD) of crude oil and natural gas condensate. That was good for second place behind the U.S. at 11.3 million BPD. Saudi Arabia was third at 9.3 million BPD.

However, the U.S. also consumes far more oil (17.2 million BPD) than Russia (3.2 million BPD) or Saudi Arabia (3.5 million BPD). The net result is that the U.S. is a net importer of crude oil, while Russia and Saudi Arabia are major crude oil exporters.

But that leads to the question of how sanctions on Russia might impact the U.S. market. As of late 2021, the U.S. was importing 8.5 million BPD of crude oil from all countries. Canada was our top supplier, sending the U.S. 4.5 million BPD. (Having secure oil supplies from close allies highlights the importance of the Keystone XL Pipeline expansion). Mexico was second, at 700,000 BPD, and then Russia at 595,000 BPD. Saudi Arabia was our 4th largest supplier at 555,000 BPD.

Thus, Russia supplied 7% of U.S. crude oil imports in late 2021 – a significant number. Replacing that oil will put additional upward pressure on global oil prices, virtually assuring that oil will exceed $100/bbl if the situation further escalates.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/rrapier...h=36dee2d518c3

Seems like we need to invest in renewable energies and electric cars etc and get away from fossil fuels. We need to revisit the Keystone Pipeline.

We are the worlds No. 1 producer of oil and gas ... and we consume more than we make.

--------------

We nor any member country of NATO pays money to NATO. Thats not how it works. I know Trump has repeated the inaccuracy a million times.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 10:19 AM   #261
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
You might want to think about that.
Nah, I'm good. Not going to change my beliefs on a subject just because Trump thinks the same way about it. Or acts like he does, which is always a strong possibility with him. That goes for any politician, regardless of which side they are on. There are a million different subjects. You likely agree with many people you otherwise hate or disagree with, on at least one subject. Can't just go around changing every opinion you have based on how someone feels.
Old 02-23-2022, 10:29 AM   #262
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Nah, I'm good. Not going to change my beliefs on a subject just because Trump thinks the same way about it. Or acts like he does, which is always a strong possibility with him. That goes for any politician, regardless of which side they are on. There are a million different subjects. You likely agree with many people you otherwise hate or disagree with, on at least one subject. Can't just go around changing every opinion you have based on how someone feels.
Now that I have you here , you need to change the Avatar to say South Carolina! You're on the East Coast now , you're in civilization, the State with a thousand Golf Courses'!
Old 02-23-2022, 10:36 AM   #263
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Now that I have you here , you need to change the Avatar to say South Carolina! You're on the East Coast now , you're in civilization, the State with a thousand Golf Courses'!
Oh yeah, location updated. Can't change my name though. Would have to create a whole new scskinsfan2001 account. I don't want to be a Newb lol.
Old 02-23-2022, 11:28 AM   #264
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Oh yeah, location updated. Can't change my name though. Would have to create a whole new scskinsfan2001 account. I don't want to be a Newb lol.
Old 02-23-2022, 12:06 PM   #265
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Russia is one of the world’s largest oil producers. According to the 2021 BP Statistical Review of World Energy, in 2020 Russia produced 10.1 million barrels per day (BPD) of crude oil and natural gas condensate. That was good for second place behind the U.S. at 11.3 million BPD. Saudi Arabia was third at 9.3 million BPD.

However, the U.S. also consumes far more oil (17.2 million BPD) than Russia (3.2 million BPD) or Saudi Arabia (3.5 million BPD). The net result is that the U.S. is a net importer of crude oil, while Russia and Saudi Arabia are major crude oil exporters.

But that leads to the question of how sanctions on Russia might impact the U.S. market. As of late 2021, the U.S. was importing 8.5 million BPD of crude oil from all countries. Canada was our top supplier, sending the U.S. 4.5 million BPD. (Having secure oil supplies from close allies highlights the importance of the Keystone XL Pipeline expansion). Mexico was second, at 700,000 BPD, and then Russia at 595,000 BPD. Saudi Arabia was our 4th largest supplier at 555,000 BPD.

Thus, Russia supplied 7% of U.S. crude oil imports in late 2021 – a significant number. Replacing that oil will put additional upward pressure on global oil prices, virtually assuring that oil will exceed $100/bbl if the situation further escalates.

Seems like we need to invest in renewable energies and electric cars etc and get away from fossil fuels. We need to revisit the Keystone Pipeline.

We are the worlds No. 1 producer of oil and gas ... and we consume more than we make.

--------------

We nor any member country of NATO pays money to NATO. Thats not how it works. I know Trump has repeated the inaccuracy a million times.
Russia provides 7% of our imported petroleum. That value to me at least seems to be in the roll of maintaining diplomatic ties and negotiations. Putting sanctions on the import would hurt them but not really impact our economy, but we know gas companies will take it upon themselves to raise the price regardless.

We should be investing in renewable and electric infrastructure but the cards are stacked against us with corporate blocking and lack of political will.

I do however disagree with Keystone. We have reneged over and over on tribal treaties, if we are going to say we are a morally superior country then we should treat our minority populations with decency and not continue to exploit them. I will acquiesce to Keystone if they decide to reroute it through the whitest communities in the midwest to contaminate their drinking water and spoil their unsacred land.
Old 02-23-2022, 10:37 PM   #266
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

It’s begun

Sad day…praying for the Ukrainian people

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 10:42 PM   #267
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

I know I know, Russia had Trump in their pocket and they could do whatever they wanted. Yet, here we are - in 2014 under Obama- Putin walked into Crimea, reneging on a treaty where Russia, US and Ukraine agreed on mutually. Now, after an interlude that shockingly coincides with Trump's presidency, we see Russia blatantly invading Ukraine. What will the response of the Warpath be, blah blah blah Trump sheep blah blah Ukraine not NATO blah blah Biden enforcing tough sanctions blah blah blah.

Sanctions are a joke against Putin, that is obvious. My sadness goes out to the Ukrainian people that trusted the modern day western Neville Chamberlains.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 10:59 PM   #268
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post

--------------

You highlight Russia is a massive oil producer, you got to question why that industry sector was omitted in our sanctions.

Biden energy policy has been a predictable disgraceful disaster. Keystone, to fracking bans, limiting permits.

Just remember inflation and energy prices were way up before this…no one is gonna act like this Russian war is the genesis of the problem. The problems were already happening as a direct result of Biden’s policy choices. He chose this path

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 04:55 AM   #269
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
You highlight Russia is a massive oil producer, you got to question why that industry sector was omitted in our sanctions.

Biden energy policy has been a predictable disgraceful disaster. Keystone, to fracking bans, limiting permits.

Just remember inflation and energy prices were way up before this…no one is gonna act like this Russian war is the genesis of the problem. The problems were already happening as a direct result of Biden’s policy choices. He chose this path

chico , do you deny that Oil was going up under trump? That there was inflation under trump?
Old 02-24-2022, 04:58 AM   #270
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I know I know, Russia had Trump in their pocket and they could do whatever they wanted. Yet, here we are - in 2014 under Obama- Putin walked into Crimea, reneging on a treaty where Russia, US and Ukraine agreed on mutually. Now, after an interlude that shockingly coincides with Trump's presidency, we see Russia blatantly invading Ukraine. What will the response of the Warpath be, blah blah blah Trump sheep blah blah Ukraine not NATO blah blah Biden enforcing tough sanctions blah blah blah.

Sanctions are a joke against Putin, that is obvious. My sadness goes out to the Ukrainian people that trusted the modern day western Neville Chamberlains.
LOL, fuck that! Nice how you walk away from the fact that trump is still praising that dictator for invading a Country but you are blaming the rest of the World. JHC!