The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

Debating with the enemy

Old 03-13-2022, 09:30 AM   #256
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
^ it’s a tough call SS, but I’d try allies to the north in Canada see if we can import additional as well as getting keystone up and running.

Also calling our friends the Saudis too. Especially over that Middle East shithole Iran.
You mean "your friends chico , your friends"!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/saudi-ara...133114120.html

Associated Press
Saudi Arabia puts 81 to death in its largest mass execution
JON GAMBRELL
Sat, March 12, 2022, 8:31 AM
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) — Saudi Arabia on Saturday executed 81 people convicted of crimes ranging from killings to belonging to militant groups, the largest known mass execution carried out in the kingdom in its modern history.

The number of executed surpassed even the toll of a January 1980 mass execution for the 63 militants convicted of seizing the Grand Mosque in Mecca in 1979, the worst-ever militant attack to target the kingdom and Islam's holiest site.

It wasn't clear why the kingdom choose Saturday for the executions, though they came as much of the world's attention remained focused on Russia's war on Ukraine — and as the U.S. hopes to lower record-high gasoline prices as energy prices spike worldwide. British Prime Minister Boris Johnson reportedly plans a trip to Saudi Arabia next week over oil prices as well.

The number of death penalty cases being carried out in Saudi Arabia had dropped during the coronavirus pandemic, though the kingdom continued to behead convicts under King Salman and his assertive son, Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman.

Advertisements
Old 03-13-2022, 02:41 PM   #257
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Anyone that isn't Chico:

How would you describe Kamala Harris' performance as VP?

Just the best answer you have, with no deflections.

Even just a grade A-F works. Curious to know what you all think.
Just saw this.

I'd grade as a D-, wish Biden would've defined her role more clearly because it seems like their communication hasn't been in-sync. As a VP - your primary job is to be available if something happens to the P, but beyond that Biden should have drawn up a gameplan for the things he expects her to lead on. If not, then you can't really blame her for not doing anything because the last thing she needs to be doing is stepping on Biden's toes.

From where I'm sitting at this point in the game it looks like she was hired not because of her strong list of merits that she brings to the table - she was hired to win the female/minority vote. So great job making history - but I'd rather he hired someone he trusted to handle some responsibility as we all know Biden can't do everything himself.
Old 03-13-2022, 02:54 PM   #258
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

I keep hearing about how Biden needs to do more to lower gas prices - to which I agree he absolutely needs to do something before they get even more out-of-hand. Some seem to think opening up the Keystone XL pipeline will help - to which I respond with this amateur synopsis showing why the XL isn't all its' cracked up to be. Also oil/gas companies have continuously made record profits while everything is going on - am I to believe that the high prices are the fault of our government for restricting where they're allowed to drill?
Old 03-13-2022, 03:20 PM   #259
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I keep hearing about how Biden needs to do more to lower gas prices - to which I agree he absolutely needs to do something before they get even more out-of-hand. Some seem to think opening up the Keystone XL pipeline will help - to which I respond with this amateur synopsis showing why the XL isn't all its' cracked up to be. Also oil/gas companies have continuously made record profits while everything is going on - am I to believe that the high prices are the fault of our government for restricting where they're allowed to drill?
FYI:

If the United States is serious about this, they could come back and help us build Keystone XL," Premier Jason Kenney said at a press conference on Monday. "If President Biden had not vetoed that project, it would be done later this year – 840,000 barrels of democratic energy that could have displaced the 600,000 plus barrels of Russian conflict oil that’s filled with the blood of Ukrainians."

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyl...ed-russian-oil

That’s from the Canadians…but the strategy of “playing dumb” now from the idiots above who supported that the move and say dumb shit like that are the direct reason why gas is 4.40 a gallon.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2022, 04:53 PM   #260
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
FYI:

If the United States is serious about this, they could come back and help us build Keystone XL," Premier Jason Kenney said at a press conference on Monday. "If President Biden had not vetoed that project, it would be done later this year – 840,000 barrels of democratic energy that could have displaced the 600,000 plus barrels of Russian conflict oil that’s filled with the blood of Ukrainians."

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyl...ed-russian-oil

That’s from the Canadians…but the strategy of “playing dumb” now from the idiots above who supported that the move and say dumb shit like that are the direct reason why gas is 4.40 a gallon.
So the 840k barrels that would pipeline from Canada to the gulf coast for export would actually replace all of the oil we import from Russia? Shit if it was that easy Biden should've opened it up yesterday.
Old 03-13-2022, 06:32 PM   #261
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
So the 840k barrels that would pipeline from Canada to the gulf coast for export would actually replace all of the oil we import from Russia? Shit if it was that easy Biden should've opened it up yesterday.
Wait,what??? Are you saying he only stopped the pipeline and not the drilling of Oil? Are you saying that that oil wasn't for the US consumption anyway???

Old 03-13-2022, 06:34 PM   #262
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
FYI:

LOL, you're seriously dumb as shit!
Old 03-15-2022, 09:55 PM   #263
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Does anyone on the left want to do a straight 1 for 1 swap?

The right will take Tulsi Gabbard and will give the left Adam Kinzinger.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 10:38 PM   #264
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Does anyone on the left want to do a straight 1 for 1 swap?

The right will take Tulsi Gabbard and will give the left Adam Kinzinger.
Hey, I want to keep Kinzinger and definitely don't want Gabbard.
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 10:44 PM   #265
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
Hey, I want to keep Kinzinger and definitely don't want Gabbard.
I had a 99% confidence level, you would be against this one. I'd be fine just giving away Kinzinger for free. But I assume lots of people on the left are tired of Gabbard too. So seems like an even trade.

I would think we would agree on most things, but it sure doesn't play out here.
Old 03-15-2022, 11:15 PM   #266
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Very tired of Gabbard, have a lot of respect for Kinzinger because at this stage you risk your political career if you're a conservative and you speak up against Trump.

I'm sure there are many that feel the same way as Kinzinger but won't say anything. So yeah, I'd make that trade in a heartbeat. I don't know how anyone can defend Gabbard with a straight face.
Old 03-15-2022, 11:39 PM   #267
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Old 03-16-2022, 04:53 AM   #268
Giantone
Gamebreaker

I don't want any of them!
Old 03-16-2022, 09:42 AM   #269
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Very tired of Gabbard, have a lot of respect for Kinzinger because at this stage you risk your political career if you're a conservative and you speak up against Trump.

I'm sure there are many that feel the same way as Kinzinger but won't say anything. So yeah, I'd make that trade in a heartbeat. I don't know how anyone can defend Gabbard with a straight face.
Gabbard had one of the all time take downs on a debate stage when she destroyed Kamala. That was phenomenal and sent Kamala campaign into a tailspin. People forget, Kamala didn’t even make it Iowa. Nobody supported her.

He Gets Us
Old 03-16-2022, 09:43 AM   #270
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

In the span of 15 minutes, Biden confused:
-The First Lady
-Himself
-The Second Lady (not a thing)
-The First Gentleman (also not a thing)
-His Energy Secretary
-His U.N. ambassador

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/spence...-fire-n2604627

Biden's Remarks at 'Equal Pay' Event Were a Gaffe-Filled Dumpster Fire

I’m worried about the President’s health, mentally looks done.

He Gets Us