Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Redskins at Bears Post Game Thoughts

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-21-2012, 09:15 AM   #256
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrMitchell View Post
While he may be a Dallas fan, he supports RG3 almost to the extent that he supports Tebow.

This guy came out and said that RG3 played BETTER than Andrew Luck after their preseason debuts. What Dallas homer would say that?
One that is trying to make the point that fans are foolish especially us mostly white skins fans who are upset we drafted a black qb.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-21-2012, 11:25 AM   #257
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Re: Redskins at Bears Post Game Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30gut View Post
Your vid has been removed.
But, look I agree the decision to throw to Moss wasn't the best, because obviously he was double covered.
Did Davis look wide open while the ball was in flight on the way to Moss? Yes.
But, from the TV feed angle I don't believe there is any way to see what Griffin was seeing at the point he made the decision to throw the ball.
And imo the only way to know for sure if Davis was wide open is to see an angle wide enough to see what Griffin was seeing at the point Griffin is making the decision to throw the ball.
NFL Videos: Redskins vs. Bears highlights

The action picks up at about 2:25 and you see Fred Davis open the entire time, and all three highlight videos I've seen show this same view as well as the original broadcast.

You (as usual) just continue to argue for the sake of arguing...
Old 08-21-2012, 12:26 PM   #258
HailGreen28
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Think that was John Feinstein.

Skip's comments would have been much more accurate 20-30 years ago, not so much now.
even back then skins fans had nothing but love for doug williams

there's no good reason for skip clueless or screamin-a to be on the air anymore.
HailGreen28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 01:01 PM   #259
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
NFL Videos: Redskins vs. Bears highlights

The action picks up at about 2:25 and you see Fred Davis open the entire time, and all three highlight videos I've seen show this same view as well as the original broadcast.

This is one of the reasons the league was hesitant about releasing the 'All 22' film to fans, because of assumptions we make based on what we see.

We don't know where Davis was in the receiver progressions, we don't know if he was a decoy to draw coverage, we don't know if the coverage dictated the throw to Moss, we don't know what adjustments were made, hell we don't know if Davis was open because he ran the wrong route. Yes, he was open but that doesn't make it the right play.

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!

Jay Gruden = Zorny McSpurrier
Kirk Cousins = Next Grossman
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 01:02 PM   #260
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Griffin's white fiancee must be so confused.

Skip said the same thing after the draft. I don't really get it, doesn't make sense to me
Nothing Skip ever says on television should be taken seriously. Ever.

He is an embarrassment to the media profession. He is nothing but a carnival barker with a nationally distributed megaphone.

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!

Old 08-21-2012, 01:03 PM   #261
skinsfan69
Living Legend

W/out question there's some..and I repeat the word SOME... white fans that would like Cousins to play, and some black where they want RG3. So some of what Bayless said is true. I didn't have a problem with what he said. I think most if not all people on this board, and the majority of the fans want the guy who gives us the best chance to win. But I did have a problem with him saying that Redskin fans are mostly white. He made DC sound like Tuscaloosa. That was a terrible and uneducated comment.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 01:05 PM   #262
The Goat
Pro Bowl

^^ Lol that's awesome...the open receiver is not the open receiver any more! It's a new day in football!

In all seriousness though if coaches are using Davis as a decoy on some pass plays and telling RGIII to not hit him even if open for the first down we're not going to see much progress in the offense this year. Davis is still the best downfield weapon on the roster.
Old 08-21-2012, 01:22 PM   #263
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

Quote:
^^ Lol that's awesome...the open receiver is not the open receiver any more! It's a new day in football!

In all seriousness though if coaches are using Davis as a decoy on some pass plays and telling RGIII to not hit him even if open for the first down we're not going to see much progress in the offense this year. Davis is still the best downfield weapon on the roster.
The mere fact that you got THAT out of my post indicates you clearly are not the intended audience for the 'All-22' film. Do you not grasp route progressions and decoys in play design?

Also if you think that our TE is the best downfield weapon on the roster, I'm guessing you, Davis and Williams have a similar hobby.

Old 08-21-2012, 01:28 PM   #264
IrMitchell
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
One that is trying to make the point that fans are foolish especially us mostly white skins fans who are upset we drafted a black qb.
Taken out of context.

But whatever, let's just agree that Skip is irrelevant and essentially an ESPN troll.
Old 08-21-2012, 01:45 PM   #265
Monksdown
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
This is one of the reasons the league was hesitant about releasing the 'All 22' film to fans, because of assumptions we make based on what we see.

We don't know where Davis was in the receiver progressions, we don't know if he was a decoy to draw coverage, we don't know if the coverage dictated the throw to Moss, we don't know what adjustments were made, hell we don't know if Davis was open because he ran the wrong route. Yes, he was open but that doesn't make it the right play.
Eventually we'll get to the point where we can cross reference the All 22 to the eyes of the quarterback. I would love to see that. It would tell us a lot more than just the overhead camera.
Monksdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 01:50 PM   #266
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
The mere fact that you got THAT out of my post indicates you clearly are not the intended audience for the 'All-22' film. Do you not grasp route progressions and decoys in play design?

Also if you think that our TE is the best downfield weapon on the roster, I'm guessing you, Davis and Williams have a similar hobby.
LOL no offense intended dude but I did get a laught out of it. Route progressions and decoys are no harder concept than getting the ball to the open receiver

Yes, Davis is without question the best downfield target on the roster, especially in redzone. Moss is our best receiver at finding open space but his size doesn't allow him to break tackles the way Davis can. But Moss should have the most yards among our WR corp this season if coaches/QB play to our strengths ala Brady to Welker in New England. Hankerson and Morgan are good help but neither can find the open space consistently. Garcon isn't going to beat many DBs or even safeties when it comes to straight line speed, nor is a big/strong enough to overpower most. From all the video I can find he often struggles in space, whether it's working underneath the linebackers or the secondary. On the flip side Garcon has good hands and doesn't mind crossing the middle. Indy set him up w/ lots of quick slants and YAC, with some deep routes mixed in though the DB typically had to get fooled for Garcon take those passes down.
Old 08-21-2012, 01:51 PM   #267
30gut
Playmaker

Quote:
Wow, um my bad dude.
Here I thought we're 2 fans that are football nerds talking about a specific play.
But, if you feel that I'm arguing just to argue and I do this continually then I won't waste your time with my response.
There are plenty of Skip Bayless posts that you can respond to.
30gut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 02:06 PM   #268
30gut
Playmaker

Quote:

All very true.

I think Davis is kinda open but certainly not 'wide open'.
He's short of the 1st and would need RAC or break a tackle to convert the 1st down.
But, it is probably a safer play then throwing to a double covered Moss.

Here's how I see it:
3rd and 4
There are 2 linebackers dropping back with full view of Davis and Griffin, there is one LB #52? who is definetely keying on Davis and would have a great jump on ball thrown to Davis and since the other linebacker is also watching Griffin they would both break towards Davis upon Griffin's release of the pass.
Imo that does not constitute being 'wide open', and throwing this pass to Davis is akin to throwing a checkdown as Davis is running about 2 yards short and parrallel to the 1st down marker.

That's what I saw *shrugs*

-btw
Are you the same paintrain from extremeskins?

Last edited by 30gut; 08-21-2012 at 02:14 PM.
Old 08-21-2012, 02:07 PM   #269
MTK
\m/

Funny, I never thought Garcon had an issue with speed. I think he ran in the 4.4 range coming out of college.

He's plenty fast in Madden too.
Old 08-21-2012, 02:11 PM   #270
30gut
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monksdown View Post
Eventually we'll get to the point where we can cross reference the All 22 to the eyes of the quarterback. I would love to see that. It would tell us a lot more than just the overhead camera.
I know that some schools Notre Dame for one, has camera on mounted on the QBs helmets.
But, I can't ever see that being releases into the hands of rabid fans like ourselves.

Quote:
There's nothing wrong with having that hobby depending on what you do for a living.