The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

Debating with the enemy

Old 04-11-2023, 09:31 AM   #2641
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
I commend him for his patience. I found her to be quite disrespectful, and he didn't let it bother him.

I understand you can't account for every dollar, but to me it just came off like, no big deal, the cost of doing business means losing track of hundreds of millions of dollars and is ho-hum, whatever, and expected. And don't question it.
That's the thing they haven't lost track of any of the money it's where the money is going that is questionable and what it's NOT being spent on.

Advertisements
Old 04-11-2023, 09:34 AM   #2642
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
That's the thing they haven't lost track of any of the money it's where the money is going that is questionable and what it's NOT being spent on.
I'll have to re-listen today after work. Apparently I misunderstood. I blame the beer.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 10:10 AM   #2643
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
This is hilarious.

The conservatives are talking about disingenuous pictures. Was it disingenuous when SCOTUS tossed 50 years of precedent in the shitter and took abortion rights away from women and gave it to the states? Was it disingenuous when a radical SCOTUS judge tried to hide his wealthy friends paying for plenty of his vacations for the last 20 years?

A seminal moment in Warpath history. What a waste of a conversation. I leave with this: What do the words ethics/principles/precedent mean to you?
Don't become another G1 Mooby. Your response has absolutely nothing to do with point made and you know it.
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 11:16 AM   #2644
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
Don't become another G1 Mooby. Your response has absolutely nothing to do with point made and you know it.
Your on your way to being another chico.
Old 04-11-2023, 05:42 PM   #2645
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
This is a topic that actually interests me, I need to look on Amazon to see if there are at least somewhat recent books on this subject. Not saying above isn't at least part of it, but I feel like there has to be way more to it than that.

For the most part it is just that simple. Slaves obviously couldn’t buy land. Black people in general for years after slavery still couldn’t. There was safety in numbers, and they either migrated to or were segregated to their “pods” while white people bought or stole all the land. Unlike the weather it really never changed. Gave rise to every ghetto in the country and the hard right now wonders about crime in the inner cities. Lol. Didn’t pan out they way they hoped it would but what do you expect when you treat people like animals?
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 05:43 PM   #2646
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Your on your way to being another chico.

I don’t think Nonn is on the same trolling/trumpy level as Chico at all, just thought G-1’s response was funny and i love an opportunity for a meme. Wish i had gone with a touché meme however.

Last edited by punch it in; 04-11-2023 at 09:06 PM.
Old 04-12-2023, 08:39 AM   #2647
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Pretty damn embarrassing to see French Macron buddy up with China. China has kicked Biden ass across the world, this administration is a joke. China has brokered deal on the national stage in the Middle East, a huge deal in Brazil, in Africa. Xi is getting the trade deal where countries move away from US currency.

China playing chess and Biden has been a disgrace

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2023, 08:42 AM   #2648
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

On the heels of this Chico is there to deflect. Just like clockwork. Unbelievable. The US dollar is still king don’t listen to Chicos bullshit. He is just a mouthpiece for his master. GOP’s demands on the budget are Chinas best friends and the GOP leaders are basically just Trumptards.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...-brains-2023-4
Old 04-12-2023, 10:27 AM   #2649
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
On the heels of this Chico is there to deflect. Just like clockwork. Unbelievable. The US dollar is still king don’t listen to Chicos bullshit. He is just a mouthpiece for his master. GOP’s demands on the budget are Chinas best friends and the GOP leaders are basically just Trumptards.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...-brains-2023-4
Agree..................
Old 04-12-2023, 10:29 AM   #2650
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Pretty damn embarrassing to see French Macron buddy up with China. China has kicked Biden ass across the world, this administration is a joke. China has brokered deal on the national stage in the Middle East, a huge deal in Brazil, in Africa. Xi is getting the trade deal where countries move away from US currency.

China playing chess and Biden has been a disgrace

LOL, China isn't kicking Biden's ass. They don't like him because unlike your golden god trump who worship all dictators he won't back down to China.
Old 04-12-2023, 11:07 AM   #2651
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Actually never ceases to amaze. Last night Trump says that there is nobody in Hollywood who has the looks and smarts to play Xi (whatever kind of weird senile psycho babble that is) (also called putin a genius again and jung un -dude is so desperate to be a dictator it is cringe) and Chico begins his morning rant by saying how embarrassing it is that Macron is buddying up to Xi. That shit is HOF Chico right there. Just awesome.

Last edited by punch it in; 04-12-2023 at 12:10 PM.
Old 04-12-2023, 03:25 PM   #2652
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Republicans want to get rid of the "Rule of Law"

https://www.huffpost.com/

GOP SCHEME TO SHIELD TRUMP FROM FUTURE STATE INDICTMENTS[B][/B]

WASHINGTON — New legislation from House Republicans aims to prevent local district attorneys from pursuing charges against former presidents.

The symbolic bill is yet another show of support for Donald Trump, who faces the possibility of criminal charges in Georgia and was arraigned in Manhattan last week for allegedly violating state law with false business records.

Republicans have subpoenaed a former prosecutor from Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg’s office, denounced the charges as entirely motivated by politics, and scheduled a Monday hearing to accuse Bragg of failing to prosecute real crimes.

Now comes a proposal that Rep. Russell Fry (R-S.C.) said would “prevent political prosecutions” by moving cases against former presidents from state jurisdiction to federal court, where judges are confirmed by the Senate, an institution reliably influenced by elected Republicans.

“Politically motivated prosecutors should not be able to wield unwarranted power and target our nation’s top leaders for their own personal gain,” Fry said in a statement on his website.

Normally, state prosecutors and local district attorneys are responsible for prosecuting state crimes in state courts, while federal prosecutors, known as U.S. attorneys, pursue federal charges in federal courts. Fry said his bill, which he has not actually drafted, would allow presidents and vice presidents to move state cases into federal courts.

The proposal would seem to take all power away from state courts in cases of criminal behavior by former presidents, David Rapallo, an associate professor at Georgetown University Law School and former Democratic staff director for the House Oversight Committee, said in an interview. And federal judges who wind up with the cases would have to familiarize themselves with state laws and legal precedents.

“It does seem a little ironic coming from people who tout states’ rights and how state courts and state legislatures should be making even more decisions than they currently do,” Rapallo said.
Old 04-12-2023, 04:22 PM   #2653
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Springfield News-Leader
Sen. Mike Moon reiterates support for 12-year-old's right to marry in Missouri

https://news.yahoo.com/sen-mike-moon...160408202.html
A southwest Missouri Republican from Ash Grove, Moon's support of child marriage in some instances has been long documented. In 2018 Missouri passed a law raising the marriage age in the state from 15 to 16 and requiring parental permission for older teenagers to marry. Moon opposed the bill at the time — citing the same anecdote of a couple he met in college who had married one another at age 12.

Moon's support of the practice resurfaced during a committee hearing on a bill introduced by Moon that would ban gender-affirming care for transgender children. If passed the bill would ban health care providers from performing gender-affirming surgeries on any minor or from prescribing or administering cross-sex hormones or puberty-blocking drugs to a minor for a gender transition, unless such minor was receiving such treatment prior to August 28, 2023.
Old 04-12-2023, 04:28 PM   #2654
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

21 should be the adult age/age of consent to do anything, except voluntarily going into the military. And this is only because the military is often the best option for lots of kids to get out of bad situations, go to college down the road, etc. Wouldn't want to take that option away from those kids. But everything else, what's the rush?
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2023, 06:42 PM   #2655
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
21 should be the adult age/age of consent to do anything, except voluntarily going into the military. And this is only because the military is often the best option for lots of kids to get out of bad situations, go to college down the road, etc. Wouldn't want to take that option away from those kids. But everything else, what's the rush?
Sorry I disagree , I can give my life but not have a beer , rent a car or buy a house? Make me understand?