Debating with the enemy

Old 04-10-2023, 10:27 AM   #2626
nonniey
The Starter

Re: The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
This is what you sound like.

"There's nothing wrong at all about Justice Thomas taking free trips that cost upwards of 500k paid for by a guy with an extensive collection of Nazi and dictator memorabilia."
I just read that article and IMO I think it clears him of a "Nazi" fetish as that seems to be just a portion of an extensive collection that ranges from the extreme left to the extreme right. Heck he has statues of Churchill and Thatcher who he claims are his hero's. Nothing indicates the latter is not the truth and if Churchill is his hero that is a big indicator that he is not sympathetic to Nazis. I hate when people seize on bits and pieces about anyone (left or right - my co-worker does it all the time about Biden) to paint a disingenuous picture.
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-10-2023, 12:33 PM   #2627
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
I just read that article and IMO I think it clears him of a "Nazi" fetish as that seems to be just a portion of an extensive collection that ranges from the extreme left to the extreme right. Heck he has statues of Churchill and Thatcher who he claims are his hero's. Nothing indicates the latter is not the truth and if Churchill is his hero that is a big indicator that he is not sympathetic to Nazis. I hate when people seize on bits and pieces about anyone (left or right - my co-worker does it all the time about Biden) to paint a disingenuous picture.
This is hilarious.

The conservatives are talking about disingenuous pictures. Was it disingenuous when SCOTUS tossed 50 years of precedent in the shitter and took abortion rights away from women and gave it to the states? Was it disingenuous when a radical SCOTUS judge tried to hide his wealthy friends paying for plenty of his vacations for the last 20 years?

A seminal moment in Warpath history. What a waste of a conversation. I leave with this: What do the words ethics/principles/precedent mean to you?
Old 04-10-2023, 12:46 PM   #2628
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Collections and what they mean aside. The donor was completely schmoozing a SCJ to get his policy preferences on the books. And we are not talking about tickets to a game. This is super unethical and anyone who says differently has blinders on because it makes their side look bad.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2023, 12:51 PM   #2629
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Lol “big difference”

So I do collecting myself, I have German officer swords from ww1 and ww2. Also have a confederate sword and bayonets from both World wars both sides. I did have ww1 binoculars German, English and from the Boear wars, foolishy sold that collection.

Does this qualify me as a confederate nazi? I mean gotta be the left biggest boogeyman of all time. I should be some sort of comic book villain
It confirms you as an idiot and a fool. Still not the same thing . DA.
Old 04-10-2023, 01:57 PM   #2630
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
This is hilarious.

The conservatives are talking about disingenuous pictures. Was it disingenuous when SCOTUS tossed 50 years of precedent in the shitter and took abortion rights away from women and gave it to the states? Was it disingenuous when a radical SCOTUS judge tried to hide his wealthy friends paying for plenty of his vacations for the last 20 years?

A seminal moment in Warpath history. What a waste of a conversation. I leave with this: What do the words ethics/principles/precedent mean to you?
Why was Democrat leader Hakim Jefferies invited and introduced by Harlen Crow a couple weeks ago speak at Crows business? Why would Jefferies being hanging with Nazis? Nazis hang with Nazis, amirite?

Also Democratic Whip Clark was there with Dem Pete Aguilar. Both now confirmed Nazis

Mooby please stay off Reddit, it’s 4chan but the other side.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2023, 03:21 PM   #2631
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Why was Democrat leader Hakim Jefferies invited and introduced by Harlen Crow a couple weeks ago speak at Crows business? Why would Jefferies being hanging with Nazis? Nazis hang with Nazis, amirite?

Also Democratic Whip Clark was there with Dem Pete Aguilar. Both now confirmed Nazis

post#2629
Old 04-10-2023, 03:38 PM   #2632
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

I'm gonna get drunk tonight and sort all these issues out for us lol.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2023, 05:13 PM   #2633
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:

Did... did Crow pay Jeffries 500k to fly him out or to speak at his business?

CAUSE IF SO FUCK HIM TOO.
Old 04-10-2023, 11:26 PM   #2634
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

I'll have to watch the other Jon Stewart clip recently posted. But this one was fantastic. And this same bullshit has been going on well before Biden. So not posting this because it's a democrat appointee. It's just the general disdain government officials across the board have for honesty. The government, both sides, are the fucking problem. And if you want to blame 1 side more than the other, go for it. But you'll either just be being dishonest about your sides blame or bragging about being only 38% of the problem.

The American people are fucking awesome, our government is a fucking embarrassment.
Old 04-11-2023, 03:06 AM   #2635
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Is there 1 capitol* city in any of the 50 states, that votes more right than left? Even in states like Mississippi or Alabama, etc., that are clearly right leaning overall? If not, which we all don't even need to actually lookup, why is that?

Last edited by sdskinsfan2001; 04-11-2023 at 03:25 AM.
Old 04-11-2023, 08:10 AM   #2636
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
I'll have to watch the other Jon Stewart clip recently posted. But this one was fantastic. And this same bullshit has been going on well before Biden. So not posting this because it's a democrat appointee. It's just the general disdain government officials across the board have for honesty. The government, both sides, are the fucking problem. And if you want to blame 1 side more than the other, go for it. But you'll either just be being dishonest about your sides blame or bragging about being only 38% of the problem.

The American people are fucking awesome, our government is a fucking embarrassment.
I love John Stewart. Honestly think he should be in Office. Watched the whole clip . I all so want to say I have two daughters who are married to Military men and have been living the a Military family lifestyle for a long time. Stewart makes very good points BUT so did she. Stewart tried to tie up audits and taking care of your personnel and she was right it's two different things. I work for the Maryland State Government and auditors and the budget writers are two different factions. Auditors are concerned with where is it and do you have and can account for all you are suppose to have.

Taking care of the Military personnel and their families is a whole separate issue. Deciding where that 850 billion goes is not up to the auditors but to budget committees(not sure what they are really called). No argument from me that more needs to be done but John was wrong saying the can't show them where the money went in an audit. I thought she was pretty prepared for him. To add this has been an issue for decades not just under Biden but my kids have lived through this with trump, Obama and Bush and they all failed!
Old 04-11-2023, 08:50 AM   #2637
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
I love John Stewart. Honestly think he should be in Office. Watched the whole clip . I all so want to say I have two daughters who are married to Military men and have been living the a Military family lifestyle for a long time. Stewart makes very good points BUT so did she. Stewart tried to tie up audits and taking care of your personnel and she was right it's two different things. I work for the Maryland State Government and auditors and the budget writers are two different factions. Auditors are concerned with where is it and do you have and can account for all you are suppose to have.

Taking care of the Military personnel and their families is a whole separate issue. Deciding where that 850 billion goes is not up to the auditors but to budget committees(not sure what they are really called). No argument from me that more needs to be done but John was wrong saying the can't show them where the money went in an audit. I thought she was pretty prepared for him. To add this has been an issue for decades not just under Biden but my kids have lived through this with trump, Obama and Bush and they all failed!
I commend him for his patience. I found her to be quite disrespectful, and he didn't let it bother him.

I understand you can't account for every dollar, but to me it just came off like, no big deal, the cost of doing business means losing track of hundreds of millions of dollars and is ho-hum, whatever, and expected. And don't question it.
Old 04-11-2023, 08:56 AM   #2638
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Is there 1 capitol* city in any of the 50 states, that votes more right than left? Even in states like Mississippi or Alabama, etc., that are clearly right leaning overall? If not, which we all don't even need to actually lookup, why is that?

There is an easy answer to this. It is cities in general not just capitol cities. It involves land claims from centuries ago. It involves segregation. It is why all the rural areas vote mostly right.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 09:00 AM   #2639
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

We need WAY more interviews like this across the spectrum. Huge fan of asking legitimate tough questions to government officials and making them actually answer. So many interviews are just cute little toss-ups to whoever is being interviewed, even if organized around "tough questions". Most times a tough question gets asked, and then whoever answers just goes on some tangent w/o actually answering the question, then they just move on. I hope Stewart keeps doing interviews like these, for government officials on both sides.
Old 04-11-2023, 09:24 AM   #2640
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
There is an easy answer to this. It is cities in general not just capitol cities. It involves land claims from centuries ago. It involves segregation. It is why all the rural areas vote mostly right.
This is a topic that actually interests me, I need to look on Amazon to see if there are at least somewhat recent books on this subject. Not saying above isn't at least part of it, but I feel like there has to be way more to it than that.