The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

Debating with the enemy

Old 03-22-2023, 08:03 PM   #2551
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
I normally try to stay away from the transgenderism discussions as it's no where near the top of the list of what I find important when discussing politics. I am of the belief that there are only men and women. Typically this thought gets assigned as a Christian/conservative thought (and often in a negative light). Just found this article interesting because obviously Dawkins is neither of those things. People can share this thought across the spectrum, but people in some groups just might be hesitant to state that opinion out loud as much.

And, our balls are smaller? WTF? Didn't know that stat.

The bold part will be my final take on the issue for today.

Happy hump day everyone.
Every single long term study of teens with gender dysphoria have rates of 70- 91% grow out of it by adulthood. people who support children under 18 having sex changes, chemical castration, etc are just crazy imo

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-23-2023, 07:52 AM   #2552
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

I have hopes for Ivan Bates as the new Baltimore State's Attorney

https://foxbaltimore.com/morning/iva...-push-gun-bill

He has attended daily roll calls to hear directly from police and has a good working relationship with Commissioner Harrison.

He has reversed some of Mosby's stance such as not punishing lower level crimes and looking at it on a more case to case basis, but maintaining some of her policies like the police "do not call" list where he refuses to work with police on prosecutions that have known integrity issues.
Old 03-23-2023, 01:22 PM   #2553
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
I have hopes for Ivan Bates as the new Baltimore State's Attorney

https://foxbaltimore.com/morning/iva...-push-gun-bill

He has attended daily roll calls to hear directly from police and has a good working relationship with Commissioner Harrison.

He has reversed some of Mosby's stance such as not punishing lower level crimes and looking at it on a more case to case basis, but maintaining some of her policies like the police "do not call" list where he refuses to work with police on prosecutions that have known integrity issues.
I know nothing about this guy other than what you said - but it sounds good.

I keep saying it, no doubt there are aspects of criminal justice reform that need to be examined and improved - but not for violent offenders. Nobody wants to see violent offenders back on the streets so quickly.
Old 03-24-2023, 03:29 PM   #2554
Giantone
Gamebreaker

They have found election fraud!

https://news.yahoo.com/signatures-hu...013939678.html

More than 300 signatures in a petition to recall Los Angeles County Dist. Atty. George Gascón last year belonged to dead people, according to the county's Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk's office.
According to the Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk's office, a review of the petition found 367 signatures of people who had died before the recall effort was launched.

The findings were similar to a review of another petition, statewide Initiative 1935, in which county officials found 344 signatures of dead petitioners. The initiative was meant to limit local and state government from expanding, enacting or modifying taxes and fees.
The changes put Gascón not just at odds with many of his own prosecutors and local law enforcement officials, but made him a target of Republican and conservative figures on the national stage who suggested that progressive, or derisively dubbed "woke," prosecutors were to blame for increases in crime.
Old 03-24-2023, 09:33 PM   #2555
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Edit - Go Aztecs

Last edited by sdskinsfan2001; 03-25-2023 at 07:16 AM.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 09:27 AM   #2556
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post

56% of liberal white women aged 18-29 have been diagnosed with a mental health condition.

https://jonathanhaidt.substack.com/p...-liberal-girls

Probably because trumptards revel in the hate and chaos.

Anyway what is the point of this? What 18 year old kid even knows anything about politics? Weren’t you a democrat at age 18? Maybe the hard right hides their childrens mental illness the same way they would if they were gay? It is a sign of weakness to them, unlike the decent parent that would seek help if their child were suffering with depression. There are so many things wrong with this study and the fact that you would post it as if being a liberal leads to mental illness. Jesus are these the things you latch onto in order to make yourself comfortable in your own head?
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 09:38 AM   #2557
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Every single long term study of teens with gender dysphoria have rates of 70- 91% grow out of it by adulthood. people who support children under 18 having sex changes, chemical castration, etc are just crazy imo

You are so obsessed with transgenders that im beginning to wonder if you have a battle going on in your own head about it? Either that or you were bullied by one. Something though.
Old 03-25-2023, 09:39 AM   #2558
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
When you take a step back, it's amazing the trivial bullshit we waste our time and energy on. Skin color, sexual orientation, religion, who someone wants to marry, etc.

Life is too short, live your life. Stop worrying about what everyone else is up to especially when it comes to things that have zero impact on your day to day life.

Preach Matty! Chico might get some yardwork done.
Old 03-26-2023, 06:19 PM   #2559
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

This story makes me fucking sick:

Marine veteran who survived three tours in Iraq, Afghanistan killed driving an Uber in California

https://www.foxnews.com/us/marine-ve...d-driving-uber

The story in of itself is not political, but my thoughts about it likely are.

We need more prisons, not less. Probably won't get a lot of agreement with democrats here.

On the other front, I'm usually pro privatization, but I don't think it's a good thing for prisons. I don't want people to profit off of keeping people in jail who don't need to be there. Greed is a human condition and fucking with people's time on Earth is too risky to allow non-violent offenders to be there 1-day longer than absolutely warranted. But I'm in total support of using tax money to keep evil, violent, fucking scumbags in prison for absolutely no less than what is 100% warranted. For people like whoever did this, they belong in prison until they die.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 10:47 AM   #2560
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Trump promises to end war in Ukraine in 24 hours

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-promise...131348960.html

Do you think he can? As much as I think he is scum I don't think trump would take part in a BS war just to get re-elected . If he could end it now he would be re-elected overwhelmingly, so why wait?
Old 03-27-2023, 08:51 PM   #2561
nonniey
The Starter

"You Can’t Cancel Me, I Quit" WSJ

I disagree with this writers decision to self cancel (because that is what she did she essentially surrendered imo), but her editorial does highlight some of the evils of wokeness that led to her decision.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/you-can...nion_lead_pos5
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2023, 05:09 PM   #2562
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://twitter.com/BridgetPhetasy/s...DTwejWmsktAAAA

The sad reality of our culture at this point…she hits 3 points well.

I never thought I’d see people as well as the media defending a school shooter like we did this week, but here we are.

He Gets Us
Old 04-02-2023, 10:47 AM   #2563
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Pretty incredible but not surprising that AOC got caught with a burner Twitter account. The epitome of insecure, fake and egotistical millennial

“YOOOOO!!! AOC has burned accounts. I responded to one of her posts reminding her that she sends money to Nazis, and some random account responded to me speaking in first person as if I attacked them. Then that same person DELETED the tweets 😭🤣”

She tried to play it off and then that account was deleted. Hilarious

He Gets Us
Old 04-02-2023, 06:03 PM   #2564
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
You are so obsessed with transgenders that im beginning to wonder if you have a battle going on in your own head about it? Either that or you were bullied by one. Something though.
He's a keyboard bully.
Old 04-03-2023, 09:08 AM   #2565
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/nat...ases-rcna77155

Chinese spy balloon gathered intelligence from sensitive U.S. military sites, despite U.S. efforts to block it

Biden administration lied again, China did collect sensitive information real time. Absolutely no excuse for not blowing this shit out the sky immediate.

China really been handling the Biden administration which is pathetic.

He Gets Us