Media Bias

Debating with the enemy

Old 10-19-2017, 02:15 PM   #241
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: Media Bias

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK
If you’re listening to anyone other than yourself as far as how to live and vote point and laugh at yourself.
Seriously. Celebrities and any other 1% are so out of touch with reality why would you listen to them in the first place? Their existence is nothing like ours.

Advertisements
Old 10-19-2017, 02:17 PM   #242
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
If you’re listening to anyone other than yourself as far as how to live and vote point and laugh at yourself.
truth...

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 02:21 PM   #243
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Way to turn a blind eye, I made the comparison clear. People in position of power abuse it across all industries and everybody turns a blind eye because they fear the repercussions. Yes, they are hypocrites. I've already conceded that. What about Roger Ailes? Bill O'Reilly? Your president? All of them have multiple sexual harassment accusations, and your president is even on video talking about how his power allows him the opportunity to grab women by the pussy. Yet I guess they get a free pass because of all the good they do for the country.

Also, quick question Chico. Scenario here: You are trying to jumpstart a career in an unforgiving field where it's already hard to break in. A major player in the field takes you under his wing, gives you a massive opportunity. You say yes, of course you would. Next thing you know you either hear rumors of, or are subjected to, extreme harassment bordering on assault. What do you do?
"his" wing gonna get beat with a baseball bat if lucky. "her" wing, might have my kids...Dave Chappell Oprah episode style.

He Gets Us
Old 10-19-2017, 05:53 PM   #244
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
"his" wing gonna get beat with a baseball bat if lucky. "her" wing, might have my kids...Dave Chappell Oprah episode style.
So you're willing to destroy whatever sliver of hope you have for a career in a hard-to-get field and go to jail for assault on top of it? Wow, you're in the 1% on that one.
Old 10-21-2017, 07:57 AM   #245
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Can I also add -
This issue about Trump's call to the fallen soldier's family is total BS. When I served in the 90's it was a point of pride that we served our country not because we were drafted or forced but because we volunteered. I can't think of one of the soldiers in any of the units I served in that would have taken offense to that fact being expressed in a condolence call.

I also think it shows the extreme left's misunderstanding of core US values. To the representative she took it as a slight (however Trump phrased it) or an in your face comment, when in reality the statement - we soldiers know what we signed up for - is always(when commanders in the field say it, when said to one another, etc) intended to reflect the greatest lengths of sacrifice one has gone and offered to our country.
As always Thank you for your service ,but defending trump is BS .The fact that a president said that to a grieving widow or mother is asinine ,simple as that.
Old 10-21-2017, 08:01 AM   #246
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
The reports about Russia and russian trolls that I have seen mostly have been Russia instigating liberals and trying to get them riled up. I have believed all along that the Democrats "doth protest too much" on Russia especially. If we ever get to the real truth, I am guessing Russia played both sides of the aisle, just like corporations, PAC's and all the other influencers of US politics.
Facts are Facts................

Interactive Timeline: Everything We Know About Russia and President Trump
Old 10-21-2017, 08:02 AM   #247
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Seriously. Celebrities and any other 1% are so out of touch with reality why would you listen to them in the first place? Their existence is nothing like ours.
I am not disagreeing just saying you need to add our political leaders to that list.

Last edited by Giantone; 10-21-2017 at 06:02 PM.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 09:03 AM   #248
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
As always Thank you for your service ,but defending trump is BS .The fact that a president said that to a grieving widow or mother is asinine ,simple as that.
Absolutely pathetic that the phone call designed to confort and console with nothing but a positive message is somehow twisted by a cunt of a Congress woman and the media as a negative event. Gen Kelly is 100% right. The tactics of the left and media can’t really sink any lower.

Any good reason that dumb bitch was listening in on a private phone call?

He Gets Us
Old 10-21-2017, 09:44 AM   #249
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Praising the bravery of a person's loved one (which is what the reference to him knowing what he signed up for ALWAYS is implying when spoken of the volunteer military) is not asinine in any way.

The pavlovian response by the far left (and Republican swamp dwellers) to anything Trump certainly is asinine though.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 02:03 PM   #250
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
I am not disagreeing just saying you need to add out political leaders to that list.
I did, "any other 1%er" covers any of the top 1% of earners in this country. That includes CEO's, politicians, etc.
Old 10-21-2017, 02:06 PM   #251
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Absolutely pathetic that the phone call designed to confort and console with nothing but a positive message is somehow twisted by a cunt of a Congress woman and the media as a negative event. Gen Kelly is 100% right. The tactics of the left and media can’t really sink any lower.

IIRC she was in the limo with them because she had known their son personally since he was a kid. So yeah, I understand the whole "respect their privacy" argument, but at the same time if the family didn't care if she listened why should we?

S/N I'm far more concerned about things that have serious repercussions on us than Trump's attempt to console gold star families. If people haven't figured out by now that he's not exactly a master wordsmith idk what to tell them.
Old 10-21-2017, 06:07 PM   #252
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:

Chico , I agree with you .Absolutely pathetic that the phone call designed to comfort and console was completely fucked up by the moron better known as the tangerine president or first liar in charge.
Old 10-21-2017, 07:17 PM   #253
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

The president is not the one who politicized the family's grief.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 07:48 PM   #254
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
He is the one that made false statements about other Presidents,"Anger sparked by President Trump’s false claims on Monday that Barack Obama and other past presidents did not reach out to families of fallen American troops swelled into the night."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.6b605cfabdf1
Old 10-21-2017, 08:44 PM   #255
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Bingo

He Gets Us