Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

Supreme Court Upholds Health Care Mandate

Debating with the enemy

Old 08-20-2012, 05:30 PM   #241
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Health Care Mandate

15 year olds, free sterilizations under Obamacare in Oregon....WITHOUT parental consent.

Obamacare Mandate: Sterilize 15-Year-Old Girls for Free--Without Parental Consent | CNSNews.com
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-20-2012, 08:42 PM   #242
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

It takes the.....FED to raise a child?
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:58 PM   #243
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

What 15 year old would want to be sterilized? Really?

I could believe in an extreme case, like women (or girls) who are transgender and have no desire to have children.

But if I offered to chop your nuts off right now, I doubt you'd be jumping at the opportunity.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:21 PM   #244
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
What 15 year old would want to be sterilized? Really?

I could believe in an extreme case, like women (or girls) who are transgender and have no desire to have children.

But if I offered to chop your nuts off right now, I doubt you'd be jumping at the opportunity.

What? Didn't you know? That's the new hipster thing to do. Run down to your local clinic and get sterilized. All the cool kids are doing it! I imagine our deficit is going to really increase with all these hipsters. DAMN YOU KIDS!
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:39 PM   #245
That Guy
Living Legend

SS, you don't possibly think this is a bit of a strawman here?
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:25 AM   #246
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

One of the first battles against the ObamaCare HHS Mandate, win for religious freedom...for now.

Catholic business owners who beat back ObamaCare denied award from Denver | Fox News
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Old 08-28-2012, 12:18 PM   #247
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

The second a business tries to roadblock healthcare, I'd start dropping tax breaks/etc. If you're catholic/religious and don't believe in contreception, great. However, you don't have the right to push your views on other people. No one is forcing anyone to use contreception, but they want to make sure it is available to everyone that wants it. That is not stepping on anyones freedom or beliefs. If YOU don't believe in it, than don't use it -- but don't force YOUR beliefs on other people.
Old 08-28-2012, 02:56 PM   #248
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal View Post
The second a business tries to roadblock healthcare, I'd start dropping tax breaks/etc. If you're catholic/religious and don't believe in contreception, great. However, you don't have the right to push your views on other people. No one is forcing anyone to use contreception, but they want to make sure it is available to everyone that wants it. That is not stepping on anyones freedom or beliefs. If YOU don't believe in it, than don't use it -- but don't force YOUR beliefs on other people.
Hold on here. It is no secret to anyone who seeks employment with a Catholic owned business, charity, hospital, etc. that you won't get contraception, abortion drugs or sterilization in a health plan. YOU don't like it, don't work there. The business in the lawsuit is a private business and doesn't get any tax breaks from the fed.

Let's be real about this, contraceptives cost $ 30/mo. or less. If you as an employee choose to work at a Catholic run organization, you make the choice to pay the $ 30 /mo.

This is a case of the federal gov't attempting to force/fine/coerce not just Catholic, but any business/hospital/charitable organization that holds religious beliefs that are counter to providing these services, to violate those beliefs. Whether you believe in contraception or not isn't the issue. The issue is; can the federal gov't force a business/charity/hospital to provide a service/product that is against a core belief. FYI, most Americans are on the side of a religious exemption.

To avoid this, Catholic organizations would need to employ and serve Catholics only....another deeply held religious belief that employment is available to all and service is to all.
Old 08-28-2012, 06:32 PM   #249
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
Hold on here. It is no secret to anyone who seeks employment with a Catholic owned business, charity, hospital, etc. that you won't get contraception, abortion drugs or sterilization in a health plan. YOU don't like it, don't work there. The business in the lawsuit is a private business and doesn't get any tax breaks from the fed.

On this I will agree with SS. My wife teachs at a Catholic school.
Old 09-20-2012, 02:01 PM   #250
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

The first non-Catholic owned business joins the fight against the Obama Admin's assault on religious freedom....despite boycott threats from those who are so tolerant of others beliefs.

Hobby shop chain faces backlash for stance against ObamaCare | Fox News
Old 09-20-2012, 05:09 PM   #251
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
The first non-Catholic owned business joins the fight against the Obama Admin's assault on religious freedom....despite boycott threats from those who are so tolerant of others beliefs.

Hobby shop chain faces backlash for stance against ObamaCare | Fox News

So you think a" for profit"non religious busness can make the same argument as the Catholic church?
Old 09-20-2012, 05:38 PM   #252
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal View Post
But if you don't believe in it why would you want to pay for it? The person taking the job knows before hand the rules of working for the church.

While on the subject I have received several things from the Feds wanting me to fill out some paper work for this new Obama care. I'm not sure what they are looking for but for some reason I know its going to cost me money or someone their job.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:02 PM   #253
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
So you think a" for profit"non religious busness can make the same argument as the Catholic church?
We'll see. The Catholic for-profit business won in Colorado so far.
Old 09-20-2012, 06:04 PM   #254
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
But if you don't believe in it why would you want to pay for it? The person taking the job knows before hand the rules of working for the church.

While on the subject I have received several things from the Feds wanting me to fill out some paper work for this new Obama care. I'm not sure what they are looking for but for some reason I know its going to cost me money or someone their job.
you need to stop posting in the politcs section here, someone ratted you out to the ObamaCare police. I'll bet Microsoft and GE didn't get that paperwork.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:20 PM   #255
firstdown
Living Legend

The Obama Care thread was closed so I'm posting this here. So I get a letter today from my Health Ins. provider saying they are going to cancel our policy because we did not fill out a form required by Obama Care. I had kept a copy of the form so I faxed it to them. What gets me is that they would actaully cancel my health ins for not fullfilling requirments for Obama Care. How the F&^K does that make sense? Isn't the goal to get people insured?
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote