Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

Debating with the enemy

Old 03-10-2022, 03:20 PM   #241
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

I'll put this here but I know chico won't read it.

GOP attacks on Biden for high gas prices don't add up, expert says

https://news.yahoo.com/gop-attacks-o...161903465.html

Since President Biden announced on Tuesday that the U.S. would ban imports of Russian oil as punishment for its invasion of Ukraine, several Republican politicians have attempted to blame him for rising gas prices.

On Wednesday, House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy delivered a speech in which he asserted that Russia's invasion of Ukraine was not the reason for high gas prices — Biden's energy policies were. To back up his claim, McCarthy asserted that gas prices "started rising the day President Biden took office."

Yahoo News reached out to Christopher Knittel, a professor of applied economics at the MIT Sloan School of Management, to help explain whether the Republican criticisms of Biden hold water.

"The first thing is, that’s factually inaccurate," Knittel said. "Gas prices actually started rising in November of the previous year. That’s just data, so you can graph gas prices and you’ll see them starting to trend up in November of 2020."

Knittel noted that there "is no evidence" Biden's inauguration "broke the trend in gas prices," and pointed back to the early days of the pandemic, when the price of oil dropped precipitously as the world went into lockdown to try to slow the spread of the coronavirus.

“What everybody seems to be forgetting, and it’s shocking that they are, is in April of 2020 the futures price of oil was negative. It had never happened in the history of oil markets. We had a negative price," Knittel said. "People were paying others to take their oil. That is a huge disincentive to drill for more oil. The low prices, generally, that happened during the pandemic and up until the end of 2020 created a huge disincentive to drill oil. Despite that, we’ve seen U.S. production increase over the past year. Why hasn’t it increased more? Because oil companies are leery of drilling for more oil — certainly they were during the pandemic — and that’s a market effect. It has nothing to do with President Biden.”

Advertisements
Old 03-10-2022, 10:34 PM   #242
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Anyone that isn't Chico:

How would you describe Kamala Harris' performance as VP?

Just the best answer you have, with no deflections.

Even just a grade A-F works. Curious to know what you all think.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 03:33 AM   #243
Giantone
Gamebreaker

As with most VP's there is nothing to grade.
Old 03-11-2022, 10:25 AM   #244
SunnySide
Playmaker

Vice President Harris gets a C. Shes travelled around a bit but hasnt done anything.

Pence gets an A for his post Vice Presidency. He and his wife went to Poland to see the Ukraines fleeing. I dont know how that helps but he was there.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 11:37 AM   #245
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Anyone that isn't Chico:

How would you describe Kamala Harris' performance as VP?

Just the best answer you have, with no deflections.

Even just a grade A-F works. Curious to know what you all think.
Have you every seen the show VEEP? Watching Harris speak is like watching that show.

She’s an inept clown.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 11:40 AM   #246
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://nypost.com/2022/03/10/crimin...-by-nyc-judge/

Career criminal indicted on murder charge freed without bail by NYC judge

Democrats are now letting career criminals with murder charges walk free WITHOUT bail.

No sympathy for the sky rocketing murder rates in the city…zero. I’m sure that everyone who cheered unvaccinated covid deaths will agree.

He Gets Us
Old 03-11-2022, 12:20 PM   #247
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post

Democrats are now letting career criminals with murder charges walk free WITHOUT bail.

No sympathy for the sky rocketing murder rates in the city…zero. I’m sure that everyone who cheered unvaccinated covid deaths will agree.

Yes Chico Democrats everywhere are freeing career criminals. It is the deep states mission to let hardened criminals run free and murder and rape people. That is 100% why the crime rate rose. God you take a story and run with it.

Not to leave Trump out of it, remember when he incited an insurrection and planned to overthrow our democracy with a violent, bloody, cop killing mob and he, and 90 percent of them went back home that night and went about their business as if nothing happened?

Gtfoh.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 07:37 PM   #248
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:

At this stage in my life I'm pretty pro-anything except the status quo, for instance pro-murder, pro-nuclear war, pro-anarchy, pro-eating the rich, pro-asking Jeff Bezos if he wants to play a game called "saw off my foot to get out of the shackle", and pro-ending the failed human experiment that is our lives. So on that note I say "way to go judge! great job letting a murderer walk free! Keep up the good work!"

So if you finally ever follow up on your murderous bloodlust for the failure that is the liberal party, hit me up Chico.
Old 03-11-2022, 08:58 PM   #249
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Yes Chico Democrats everywhere are freeing career criminals. It is the deep states mission to let hardened criminals run free and murder and rape people. That is 100% why the crime rate rose. God you take a story and run with it.

Not to leave Trump out of it, remember when he incited an insurrection and planned to overthrow our democracy with a violent, bloody, cop killing mob and he, and 90 percent of them went back home that night and went about their business as if nothing happened?

Gtfoh.
chico call me when you grow the fuck up!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...y_Donald_Trump

https://www.newsnationnow.com/politi...trump-in-2021/
Old 03-11-2022, 09:03 PM   #250
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

been gone for a while, still the same bickering. I guess I will check back in about 6 months.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 11:41 PM   #251
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
At this stage in my life I'm pretty pro-anything except the status quo, for instance pro-murder, pro-nuclear war, pro-anarchy, pro-eating the rich, pro-asking Jeff Bezos if he wants to play a game called "saw off my foot to get out of the shackle", and pro-ending the failed human experiment that is our lives. So on that note I say "way to go judge! great job letting a murderer walk free! Keep up the good work!"

So if you finally ever follow up on your murderous bloodlust for the failure that is the liberal party, hit me up Chico.
https://www.fox29.com/news/philadelp...ly-deadly-2021

Philadelphia reaches 100 homicides in 2022, outpacing historically deadly 2021

According to the latest data provided by the Philadelphia Police Department, homicides are up 8% from this point last year. In the pandemic-plagued 2020, there were 68 homicides after the first week of March and in 2019 there were 59.

https://whyy.org/articles/soros-weig...y-in-das-race/

Soros put nearly $1.7 million in Philly DA’s race

Lolololololol…kept those bodies pilling up with these progressive crime reforms!!!

He Gets Us
Old 03-12-2022, 08:32 AM   #252
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Vice President Harris gets a C. Shes travelled around a bit but hasnt done anything.

Pence gets an A for his post Vice Presidency. He and his wife went to Poland to see the Ukraines fleeing. I dont know how that helps but he was there.
You mean he was campaigning , right?
Old 03-12-2022, 08:37 AM   #253
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Have you every seen the show VEEP? Watching Harris speak is like watching that show.

She’s an inept clown.
Speaking of Clowns!!!

Old 03-12-2022, 04:06 PM   #254
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Trump Save America Rally at 7 pm in South Carolina! Fuck yeah!! MAGA time. Almost there.
Old 03-12-2022, 11:14 PM   #255
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:

She’s an inept clown.
I have not watched that show. But I already knew your opinion. And frankly, I think she has been embarrassing too. But I also was interested in hearing from people on the other side.

Thanks for responding SS.