Supreme Court vacancy

Debating with the enemy

Old 12-02-2021, 10:05 AM   #241
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: Supreme Court vacancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Oh the mental gymnastics you guys constantly spin yourself into. Right all those premature kids born early and grow up to live healthy, normal lives. But yeah just ignore all that.
chico , you are seriously ignorant of what you think you know.

Should a women have to carry to term a dead fetus because "abortions" are illegal?

But hey, ignore that!

Advertisements
Old 12-02-2021, 10:07 AM   #242
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
chico , you are seriously ignorant of what you think you know.

Should a women have to carry to term a dead fetus because "abortions" are illegal?
If you think what this is about, you got serious problems

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 10:09 AM   #243
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Supreme Court vacancy

Quote:
Oh the mental gymnastics you guys constantly spin yourself into. Right all those premature kids born early and grow up to live healthy, normal lives. But yeah just ignore all that.

Dude there is a real big difference between premature and fetus.
Again, you know that. I constantly find myself wondering if you know what google is. 24 weeks right now is when you can abort. It is very rare that a child is born before this and survives. If they do they probably have life altering issues. Try again.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 10:10 AM   #244
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
If you think what this is about, you got serious problems
You moron ,I know what it is about , you on the other hand haven't a fucking clue. I asked you a question you're to stupid to answer. I lived through it so you can go screw yourself!
Old 12-02-2021, 10:14 AM   #245
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Again, you know that. I constantly find myself wondering if you know what google is. 24 weeks right now is when you can abort. It is very rare that a child is born before this and survives. Try again.
Alright, last comment. The definition of fetus has the words human and baby in it.

fe·tus

/ˈfēdəs/

noun

an unborn offspring of a mammal, in particular an unborn human baby more than eight weeks after conception.

So calling the kid/baby/child a fetus is admitting its human. It's just wordplay to make abortion not sound like what it really is. Ending a baby, child, kids life.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 10:16 AM   #246
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Again, you know that. I constantly find myself wondering if you know what google is. 24 weeks right now is when you can abort. It is very rare that a child is born before this and survives. If they do they probably have life altering issues. Try again.
Bro you got lunatics in the Democrat party who want abortion up too the day of birth.

U agree these are some sick fuckers, right?

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 10:21 AM   #247
SunnySide
Playmaker

The second trimester marks the onset of other critical reflexes: continuous breathing movements (that is, rhythmic contractions of the diaphragm and chest muscles) and coordinated sucking and swallowing reflexes. These abilities are controlled by the brainstem, which sits above the spinal cord but below the higher, more recently-evolved cerebral cortex. The brainstem is responsible for many of our body’s most vital functions–heart rate, breathing, and blood pressure. It is largely mature by the end of the second trimester, which is when babies first become able to survive outside the womb.

Last of all to mature is the cerebral cortex, which is responsible for most of what we think of as mental life–conscious experience, voluntary actions, thinking, remembering, and feeling. It has only begun to function around the time gestation comes to an end.

https://www.zerotothree.org/resource...-begin-to-work

The second trimester of pregnancy is often called the "golden period" because many of the unpleasant effects of early pregnancy disappear. During the second trimester, you're likely to experience decreased nausea, better sleep patterns and an increased energy level. However, you may experience a whole new set of symptoms, such as back pain, abdominal pain, leg cramps, constipation and heartburn.

Somewhere between 16 weeks and 20 weeks, you may feel your baby's first fluttering movements.

https://www.ucsfhealth.org/condition...ncy/trimesters

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, about 1.3 percent of abortions were performed at or greater than 21 weeks of gestation in 2015. In contrast, 91.1 percent were performed at or before 13 weeks and 7.6 percent at 14 to 20 weeks.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/us-po...-who-get-them/

https://jme.bmj.com/content/46/1/3

We can all have our own line and opinion of when a fetus becomes a human being. We can disagree on where that line should be but I think we all agree that it does come down to a subjective decision in the end.

I think 20 weeks is my line.

A fetus cortex isnt developed yet, its cerebral cortex doesnt begin to develop until 24 weeks. The cerebral cortex is what makes us sentient beings. Its what makes us a living animal vs a living plant or tree. A fetus cant feel pain until the cerebral cortex is beginning to develop. Fetal movement in response to a prode is not fetal pain.

I view the religious rights push to ban abortion to be strictly based in their religious beliefs. The "life begins at conception" is not an honest argument based on science but a religious view point being used to try and guide laws and legislature.

For the religious right .. its not about science. Its about pushing their religious view points on all of us.

Keep your religion out of my government, man.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 10:23 AM   #248
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Alright, last comment. The definition of fetus has the words human and baby in it.

fe·tus

/ˈfēdəs/

noun

an unborn offspring of a mammal, in particular an unborn human baby more than eight weeks after conception.

So calling the kid/baby/child a fetus is admitting its human. It's just wordplay to make abortion not sound like what it really is. Ending a baby, child, kids life.

No it is wordplay to distinguish between a developed human and an undeveloped one. Wish everyone felt so strongly about animals lives. Y’all would be vegan like me and we could end a lot of the worlds problems. Little things like disease, and environmental issues….
And im out.
Old 12-02-2021, 10:25 AM   #249
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Glad you disagree with federal vaccine mandates. My body my choice!
Has the fed mandated every citizen get vaccinated?

Or did they add it to the already long list of requirements if you want to work for the fed?

Every job I've ever worked mandated a physical, drug test, etc. a covid vaccine is just one more hurdle you gotta pass through. If you don't want to get vaccinated - don't. Just don't expect to work in any public service sector.
Old 12-02-2021, 10:26 AM   #250
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I already regret jumping in.
+1

It's like watching the shit winds blow - and you decide to go stand outside to gaze in amazement.
Old 12-02-2021, 10:39 AM   #251
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Bro you got lunatics in the Democrat party who want abortion up too the day of birth.

U agree these are some sick fuckers, right?
Yes - it's not hard to disagree with people in your own party.

But is there room for nuance here?

Are they saying they should have the right to kill a 9 month old fetus just because they feel like it? Or are they saying they should have access to late term abortions in the event of a medical emergency involving the life of the fetus or the mother? Big difference between the two.
Old 12-02-2021, 10:42 AM   #252
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
The second trimester marks the onset of other critical reflexes: continuous breathing movements (that is, rhythmic contractions of the diaphragm and chest muscles) and coordinated sucking and swallowing reflexes. These abilities are controlled by the brainstem, which sits above the spinal cord but below the higher, more recently-evolved cerebral cortex. The brainstem is responsible for many of our body’s most vital functions–heart rate, breathing, and blood pressure. It is largely mature by the end of the second trimester, which is when babies first become able to survive outside the womb.

Last of all to mature is the cerebral cortex, which is responsible for most of what we think of as mental life–conscious experience, voluntary actions, thinking, remembering, and feeling. It has only begun to function around the time gestation comes to an end.

https://www.zerotothree.org/resource...-begin-to-work

The second trimester of pregnancy is often called the "golden period" because many of the unpleasant effects of early pregnancy disappear. During the second trimester, you're likely to experience decreased nausea, better sleep patterns and an increased energy level. However, you may experience a whole new set of symptoms, such as back pain, abdominal pain, leg cramps, constipation and heartburn.

Somewhere between 16 weeks and 20 weeks, you may feel your baby's first fluttering movements.

https://www.ucsfhealth.org/condition...ncy/trimesters

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, about 1.3 percent of abortions were performed at or greater than 21 weeks of gestation in 2015. In contrast, 91.1 percent were performed at or before 13 weeks and 7.6 percent at 14 to 20 weeks.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/us-po...-who-get-them/

https://jme.bmj.com/content/46/1/3

We can all have our own line and opinion of when a fetus becomes a human being. We can disagree on where that line should be but I think we all agree that it does come down to a subjective decision in the end.

I think 20 weeks is my line.

A fetus cortex isnt developed yet, its cerebral cortex doesnt begin to develop until 24 weeks. The cerebral cortex is what makes us sentient beings. Its what makes us a living animal vs a living plant or tree. A fetus cant feel pain until the cerebral cortex is beginning to develop. Fetal movement in response to a prode is not fetal pain.

I view the religious rights push to ban abortion to be strictly based in their religious beliefs. The "life begins at conception" is not an honest argument based on science but a religious view point being used to try and guide laws and legislature.

For the religious right .. its not about science. Its about pushing their religious view points on all of us.

Keep your religion out of my government, man.
Stop trying to bring science into my faith man. What has science ever done for us that blind faith hasn't?
Old 12-02-2021, 10:58 AM   #253
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Yes - it's not hard to disagree with people in your own party.

But is there room for nuance here?

Are they saying they should have the right to kill a 9 month old fetus just because they feel like it? Or are they saying they should have access to late term abortions in the event of a medical emergency involving the life of the fetus or the mother? Big difference between the two.
It's so Biden can harvest and eat the baby

DUH
Old 12-02-2021, 11:08 AM   #254
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
It's so Biden can harvest and eat the baby

DUH

Old 12-02-2021, 11:09 AM   #255
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Has the fed mandated every citizen get vaccinated?

Or did they add it to the already long list of requirements if you want to work for the fed?

Every job I've ever worked mandated a physical, drug test, etc. a covid vaccine is just one more hurdle you gotta pass through. If you don't want to get vaccinated - don't. Just don't expect to work in any public service sector.

The right likes a nice balance of oppression and crying about their civil liberties.