All things Middle East related

Debating with the enemy

Old 09-06-2013, 12:52 PM   #241
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Re: All things Middle East related

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
I just wish we could free ourselves from the Great Oil Dependency so that we could let these backwaters of civilization go their own way and extinguish themselves through their own shortsighted pride.
We could have, but we chose Hope and Change instead.

When I saw we, I don't include me.

But hey, look on the bright side, the oceans have receded and everyone who wants a cell phone has one.

Advertisements
Old 09-06-2013, 03:42 PM   #242
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Senators Authorizing Syria Strike Got More Defense Cash Than Lawmakers Voting No | Threat Level | Wired.com

Your congress in action. Bought and paid for. They don't care about our soldiers, other people's lives, or what's happening in other countries.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:33 PM   #243
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Really? I suggest you look up Kent State shooting and see the results. Military personnel firing on protestors.

May 4, 1970: The Kent State University shootings told through pictures (PHOTOS).

Why do people act as if that it won't happen here? Sure, there are many military men that would refuse that order, but there are many that would not. Especially when you have your superior officers telling you that they are "terrorists" or the "bad guys". We've seen our military men blasting away civilians at ease and being quite casual about it.

To think our own military would not fire on us is laughable at best. History and current events show otherwise.

Since Kent state was made the example here , just a reminder that the military on campus were "reservist" (weekend warriors) not fulltime military personnel , many of them were the same age as the students .None of this makes this right but it was a different time maybe you don't think it matters but you would be wrong .
Old 09-06-2013, 04:39 PM   #244
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
We've seen our military men blasting away civilians at ease and being quite casual about it.

To think our own military would not fire on us is laughable at best. History and current events show otherwise.

Kent State aside being that it was 43 years ago ,when have we seen our military personnel blasting away civilians at easy as you say and please name all the other times this has happen as you say History and current events will show us ?
Old 09-09-2013, 10:50 PM   #245
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Syrian rebels seize control of Christian village

These are the assholes our government wants to help? WTF???
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 01:07 PM   #246
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

2004 Fallujah. Absolute hellhole.

2014 Fallujah. About to become an absolute hellhole.

I feel disgusted that so many brave men lost their lives for this to be the result.
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 10:08 AM   #247
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

I just found this headline oddly compelling, the story is less so, but it seems like the whole world is becoming bent on seeing who can bomb who first.

Libyan leader threatens to bomb North Korean oil tanker - CNN.com

probably just the media's need for dramatic headlines though.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 08:27 PM   #248
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Female Polio Worker Brutally Killed in Pakistan

PESHAWAR, Pakistan – The bullet-riddled body of a female polio worker was recovered Monday in Peshawar, northwest Pakistan, with her lips cut and hands broken.

The woman, identified as Salma Farooq, 35, was asleep Sunday night when eight armed men allegedly entered her home and tied-up her husband and tortured her five children.

A senior polio official in Peshawar, Mohamamd Faheem, said the armed men kidnapped Farooq and shifted her to an unknown location.

“The armed men cut her lips and broke her hands and dumped the body in the fields outside Peshawar,” the police official said.
Old 03-25-2014, 11:37 PM   #249
That Guy
Living Legend

talk about stupidity. "let's kill the people trying to save our children!"
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 09:57 AM   #250
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

If the locals see that the West is actually helping then the interested parties lose their grip. Next thing you know all women will want an education and then where will we be? Women be getting uppity and shit!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
Old 04-30-2014, 09:41 PM   #251
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

This is priceless:

Saudi Arabia slams Norway’s human rights record

Norway’s human rights record has been dragged up for harsh criticism by...Saudi Arabia. The Middle Eastern nation has called for any criticism of religions or the Prophet Mohammed in the country to be made illegal.

Saudi Arabia was joined by other Islamic countries in its critique of Norway’s approach to its Muslim population, according to Norway’s The Local.

It is a paradox that countries which do not support fundamental human rights have influence on the council, but that is the United Nations,” Brende stated, hinting at the absence of a spotless human rights record in the countries doing the finger pointing.

Utterly nauseating attempt at forcing sharia on non-believers. The UN is a toothless puppet of the OIC, fuck 'em.
Old 05-14-2014, 09:13 PM   #252
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Interesting news/rumor out of Iran

(Gateway Pundit) -- Iranian Fars News Service reported a massive explosion in Qazvin, Iran today. The origins may have been nuclear.
Arutz Sheva reported:

An immense explosion has been heard throughout the northern Iranian city of Qazvin, semi-official Fars news agency reported, and many casualties are expected from the blast.

Around 1.1 million people live in the city, which is located about 100 miles north of Tehran.

The blast may be related to nuclear development in Iran, according to the Los Angeles Times. Iranian officials in the past have strongly denied claims by Mujahedin Khalq Organization, or MKO, a cult-like Iranian exile group, that it has a secret nuclear enrichment facility in Abyek, near the major city, according to the daily.

The source of the blast remains undetermined. Several mystery explosions have been reported in the past several years in the region, none of which were ever verified.
Old 05-21-2014, 12:46 PM   #253
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

6 Iranians arrested for making fan video of Pharrell Williams' 'Happy' - CNN.com

this is exactly what is wrong with the middle east.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 10:59 AM   #254
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

I guess we do negotiate with terrorist.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 12:31 PM   #255
That Guy
Living Legend