Debating with the enemy

Old 06-26-2020, 12:10 PM   #2476
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Re: When is Enough ,Enough?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
A little perspective, Dow Jones - DJIA - 100 Year Historical Chart

Pulling your 401k would be a really bad idea, unless you're close to retiring you ride this out
Thank goodness riding it out is the right answer. The stress of defunding my 401K is a big fat no thank you.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-26-2020, 09:02 PM   #2477
httr198020
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I like to be in the middle.

Yes it was a noose, but as someone who works in a garage and been in a metric fuck-ton of garages in the last 10 years, I've seen enough people use all kinds of knots to know someone probably just wanted something easy to grab to pull the door down. Was it an overreaction? Sure, but better safe than sorry. Shame there are gonna be people out there trying to put it on Bubba Wallace like he was the one that found it and reported it, this isn't another Jussie Smollett episode (who I fully support prosecuting).
Bubba Smollet, along with the other leftwing nazis, hoped that some white shit-kicking supremacists planted a noose so they could push their false racism narrative. You should have seen the look on his face when it was proven to be a hoax. Donna Lemon and Bubba Smollet looked like they were about to cry during their interview on CNN. Bubba looked more upset that it wasn't a hate crime than he did when he thought it was. So what does that tell you about him? I'm all good with being safe and protecting people from criminals who would do them harm. But don't you think NASCAR should have at least confirmed that a crime had taken place before telling the world that it did?
httr198020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 01:11 PM   #2478
Giantone
Gamebreaker

IF trump knew about this and did nothing he should quit the Office!

Russia Offered Afghans Bounty to Kill U.S. Troops, Officials Say

https://www.yahoo.com/news/russia-of...142839178.html

WASHINGTON — American intelligence officials have concluded that a Russian military intelligence unit secretly offered bounties to Taliban-linked militants for killing coalition forces in Afghanistan — including targeting American troops — amid the peace talks to end the long-running war there, according to officials briefed on the matter.

The United States concluded months ago that the Russian unit, which has been linked to assassination attempts and other covert operations in Europe intended to destabilize the West or take revenge on turncoats, had covertly offered rewards for successful attacks last year.

Islamist militants, or armed criminal elements closely associated with them, are believed to have collected some bounty money, the officials said. Twenty Americans were killed in combat in Afghanistan in 2019, but it was not clear which killings were under suspicion.

The intelligence finding was briefed to President Donald Trump, and the White House’s National Security Council discussed the problem at an interagency meeting in late March, the officials said. Officials developed a menu of potential options — starting with making a diplomatic complaint to Moscow and a demand that it stop, along with an escalating series of sanctions and other possible responses, but the White House has yet to authorize any step, the officials said.
Old 06-27-2020, 04:44 PM   #2479
httr198020
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post

WASHINGTON — American intelligence officials have concluded that a Russian military intelligence unit secretly offered bounties to Taliban-linked militants for killing coalition forces in Afghanistan — including targeting American troops — amid the peace talks to end the long-running war there, according to officials briefed on the matter.

The United States concluded months ago that the Russian unit, which has been linked to assassination attempts and other covert operations in Europe intended to destabilize the West or take revenge on turncoats, had covertly offered rewards for successful attacks last year.

Islamist militants, or armed criminal elements closely associated with them, are believed to have collected some bounty money, the officials said. Twenty Americans were killed in combat in Afghanistan in 2019, but it was not clear which killings were under suspicion.

The intelligence finding was briefed to President Donald Trump, and the White House’s National Security Council discussed the problem at an interagency meeting in late March, the officials said. Officials developed a menu of potential options — starting with making a diplomatic complaint to Moscow and a demand that it stop, along with an escalating series of sanctions and other possible responses, but the White House has yet to authorize any step, the officials said.
Is this the same American Intelligence that swore that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction? Unless they can provide some evidence that this actually happened then the president shouldn't do anything. The last thing he should do is take them at their word. Before we increase tension with nuclear power it must be confirmed that this actually happened. You know how US intelligence operates. They'll take the word of the local bartender without any verification.
Old 06-27-2020, 04:44 PM   #2480
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Oh yeah there is a demand right now for finding racist behavior in everything. Tearing down Statues of Lincoln...the absolute stupidity is a clown show. Hats off to the radical left...god knows if the radical right was rioting and pushing dumbshit narratives, we would know how the reaction would be.
We already let you have your turn, it was called Unite the Right, happened in Charlottesville iirc?

Remember? "Jews will not replace us"
Old 06-27-2020, 04:45 PM   #2481
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:

"American intelligence officials" huh? Aka the deep state who wants to bring Trump down?

Fake news G1.

There Chico, I handled your response for you.
Old 06-27-2020, 05:49 PM   #2482
httr198020
Special Teams

Quote:
We already let you have your turn, it was called Unite the Right, happened in Charlottesville iirc?

Remember? "Jews will not replace us"
Let's establish a few facts. Unite the Right, was for the most part a peaceful protest. Antifa and BLM are the ones whose sole purpose for being there was to initiate violence. It's well documented. But my question is why do dumb ass liberals on reference one incident when it comes to right-wing violence? There are countless incidents of left-wingers acting like a bunch of wild animals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vS_RKwCYcl8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3Pch0SVLr4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5w0v8XsI9I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTtCoAgFzzE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJC5aQALqLE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_4FluN2Wsk

I can go on and on and on. But I think you get the message. Liberals are by far the most irrational, violent group in the country. Just look at what is going on. They are destroying their own cities. Conservatives protest without burning buildings, rioting, looting, attacking people.
Old 06-27-2020, 06:23 PM   #2483
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
"American intelligence officials" huh? Aka the deep state who wants to bring Trump down?

Fake news G1.

There Chico, I handled your response for you.
...........my bad.
Old 06-27-2020, 06:37 PM   #2484
httr198020
Special Teams

Quote:
...........my bad.
Why are you scared of me?
Old 06-28-2020, 06:08 AM   #2485
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://www.fox9.com/news/minneapoli...mpression=true

Minneapolis Council members get private security after threats

Typical lying piece of shit Democrats charging the tax payers personnel security while defunding the police department. They claim threats and a typical false boogeyman narrative of white nationalism...Outright lies.

“A spokesperson for Minneapolis Police told FOX 9 the department does not have any recent police reports of threats against city council members.” Of course not

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 01:11 PM   #2486
MTK
\m/

Congress Unites To Demand Answers From Trump On Russian Bounties In Afghanistan
Old 06-29-2020, 04:59 PM   #2487
SunnySide
Playmaker

Q President Trump tweeted overnight, “Intel just spoke[reported] to me…” What specifically does that mean? Who spoke to him? Did that person, in fact, give the President a full briefing in that conversation?

MS. MCENANY: So, I have no further details on the President’s private correspondence.

Q And can you tell us who is coming to the White House today, and who is going to brief those lawmakers?

MS. MCENANY: So, what I can tell you about that is that, last night, the Chief of Staff, Mark Meadows, called both Senator McConnell and Congressman Hoyer and bri- — and said that he would be briefing eight members from the committees of jurisdiction.

So there was a bipartisan invitation extended,
but no further details other than that.

Q Is that briefing going to happen today, Kayleigh?

MS. MCENANY: Yes, it was ongoing at the time when I came out here — at least it had started, I think, 30 minutes prior to me coming out here.

Q But they’re going to come to the White — just — I just want to be clear about what’s happening. Members of Congress have come or are coming to the White House?

MS. MCENANY: Yes.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings...tm_source=link
------------------
The White House briefed several House Republicans on intelligence that Russia offered bounties to Afghan militants who targeted U.S. troops for assassination, according to Trump administration officials and congressional sources.

Seven House Republicans attended the briefing, including Reps. Mac Thornberry and Michael McCaul, ranking members on the House Armed Services and Foreign Affairs panels, respectively. A mix of other Republicans from those committees — Reps. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.), Elise Stefanik (R-N.Y.), Adam Kinzinger (R-Ill.) and Jim Banks (R-Ind.) — also attended. Rep. Andy Biggs (R-Ariz.), who doesn't sit on either panel but leads the House Freedom Caucus, was also present.

Noticeably absent from the briefing, which are traditionally bipartisan affairs, were any Democrats, despite controlling both House panels. White House chief of staff Mark Meadows called House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (D-Md.) Sunday to try to schedule a briefing for Democrats but its unclear why that has yet to happen or if it will.

------------------------------

im waiting to see if the reports are true. It could have very well never been confirmed and never reported to the White House.

But come on Kayleigh ... how are you going to paint this as a bi-partisan briefing when it was not? It was just a republican briefing on a national security issue.

Id imagine Graham and Cotton and Hannity would blow a gasket claiming conspiracy and "getting on the same page" if Obama did a dem only briefing in this situation.
Old 06-30-2020, 05:53 AM   #2488
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

https://apnews.com/425e43fa0ffdd6e126c5171653ec47d1

I believe President Trump on this whole "Russians paying Taliban bounties to whack American soldiers" dilemma.

I'm guessing the intelligence community didn't put it in his daily brief in the form of a cartoon, so he skipped over it. Everybody knows he can't read, or doesn't like reading (whichever explanation you prefer).
Old 06-30-2020, 07:25 AM   #2489
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://www.dailywire.com/news/inter...rtance-of-data

Coleman Hughes On Police Reform, BLM, And Why Data Matters

Good article here about facts and data...if you care to hear about that.

He Gets Us
Old 06-30-2020, 03:21 PM   #2490
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/39014669/n.../#.XvuPxi1q2f1

From 2010:“ Iran pays 1000 for each dead US Soldier Killed by the Taliban“

Interesting last administration ended up giving them pallets of cash which has been traced to proxy funding of war in Yemen and terrorist ops against Israel.

He Gets Us