What REALLY grinds your gears?

Parking Lot

Old 11-12-2021, 09:38 AM   #2446
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Daylight savings time. GTFO with being dark at 530 p.m.
I might be wrong, but are we not on what the actual time would be right now?

Moving the clock ahead is what i believe creates a false time.

Advertisements
Old 11-12-2021, 09:56 AM   #2447
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
I might be wrong, but are we not on what the actual time would be right now?

Moving the clock ahead is what i believe creates a false time.
I think you're correct. I guess I would get used to it. Just pick a time and stick with it. Either stick with the current time forever or permanently make the clocks ahead 1 hour. A random adjustment that makes it dark at quitting time is lame.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 10:13 AM   #2448
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Sorry but I love the Sunrise ,seeing every morning is great. Having it dark at dinner time reminds me of the Fall and growing up as a kid , love it.
I enjoy the sunrise too - it just happens 5 days a week while I'm sitting inside a room in a big shop long after I've arrived at work at 5:30. Don't care if it happens at 6 or 7 or 8 am because I'm already inside.

I want the hour back for the afternoons - getting dark at 5 pm is stupid, give me that extra hour of sun when I'm off work.
Old 11-12-2021, 10:55 AM   #2449
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

I like it getting dark early too. If it aint beach weather and there is nothing going on bring it. It makes me feel like drinking earlier is ok. Plus like G-1 said it reminds me of fall and winter. Big fan. Setting clocks forward sucks. I dont want sun through the windows at 8 pm. Its creepy.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 11:10 AM   #2450
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
I like it getting dark early too. If it aint beach weather and there is nothing going on bring it. It makes me feel like drinking earlier is ok. Plus like G-1 said it reminds me of fall and winter. Big fan. Setting clocks forward sucks. I dont want sun through the windows at 8 pm. Its creepy.
I’m like a child where once off of work I get outside at a local park to exercise and walk the dog. It’s a routine that that helps me decompress…between Thanksgiving and mid January it’s nearly impossible. I hate that time of year

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 12:59 PM   #2451
SunnySide
Playmaker

I got an extra hour of drinking in bc of it.

Bed times 3 am on Saturdays bc Im a big boy.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 01:12 PM   #2452
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

When you have to change a password, and you keep forgetting you have a new one, and constantly get incorrect password error message. With all the passwords nowadays, it's about impossible to keep track.
Old 11-24-2021, 05:54 AM   #2453
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Being at work at 3:30 this morning.

Night shift wanted to leave early, their normal schedule is 2-10:30 and ours is 5:30 to 2. So the building super offered to let them come in at noon, and we can leave at noon if we come in 2 hours early, which is why I'm here at 3:30 this morning.

I'm only here because everybody else decided to come in early and I don't want to be here from noon to 2 while the rest of my coworkers get to leave early. But this is the 3rd time I've been here at 3:30 and it sucks (first two times were OT a couple weeks ago).
Old 11-24-2021, 06:34 AM   #2454
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post

Night shift wanted to leave early, their normal schedule is 2-10:30 and ours is 5:30 to 2. So the building super offered to let them come in at noon, and we can leave at noon if we come in 2 hours early, which is why I'm here at 3:30 this morning.

I'm only here because everybody else decided to come in early and I don't want to be here from noon to 2 while the rest of my coworkers get to leave early. But this is the 3rd time I've been here at 3:30 and it sucks (first two times were OT a couple weeks ago).
Yeah man I worked night shift for a summer in college…that was one thing I’ll never want to do again. We arent nocturnal.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 08:03 AM   #2455
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:

Doing it once in a while is a pain. I did it with different variations of times for 17 of my 31 years at the Warehouse. All were a Tue -Sat shift but 12am-8am, 10pm-6-am and the one that sucked the most was 4am to 12 noon . I worked an hour away from the Warehouse and would usually work a double on Friday into Sat .(OT)
Old 11-24-2021, 08:04 AM   #2456
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Yeah man I worked night shift for a summer in college…that was one thing I’ll never want to do again. We arent nocturnal.
trump university let you work at night?
Old 11-24-2021, 08:42 AM   #2457
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Shit night shift is easy - sleep all day, be at work at 10 pm at night, work until 6 am or 8 or whenever if your work isn't finished (I worked overnight in retail way back in 07 straight outta high school).

I've worked shifts at all hours of the day, 4 am to noon, 7:30-4, 10-6, noon to 8, 10 pm to 6 am, 5:30 to 2 at my current gig, 2-1030 pm when I first started at the county. By far the worst is being up at 2:30 in the morning to work 3:30 to noon (it's the night owl in me, I'm still going to bed at 10-11 for my 5:30 shift). I hate it. And they're offering OT all next week because we're backed up but if I want it I gotta do the 3:30 thing again.
Old 11-24-2021, 09:24 AM   #2458
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Shit night shift is easy - sleep all day, be at work at 10 pm at night, work until 6 am or 8 or whenever if your work isn't finished (I worked overnight in retail way back in 07 straight outta high school).

I've worked shifts at all hours of the day, 4 am to noon, 7:30-4, 10-6, noon to 8, 10 pm to 6 am, 5:30 to 2 at my current gig, 2-1030 pm when I first started at the county. By far the worst is being up at 2:30 in the morning to work 3:30 to noon (it's the night owl in me, I'm still going to bed at 10-11 for my 5:30 shift). I hate it. And they're offering OT all next week because we're backed up but if I want it I gotta do the 3:30 thing again.
Once I move, I'm going to be working 11am thru 730 pm because of the time difference for our actual office out here. That's gonna be real weird. I've basically worked 830-5 since finishing school at Trump University in 2007. Gonna need to be real productive in the mornings for errands and stuff. Won't have any excuse to not work out.
Old 11-24-2021, 09:52 AM   #2459
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Once I move, I'm going to be working 11am thru 730 pm because of the time difference for our actual office out here. That's gonna be real weird. I've basically worked 830-5 since finishing school at Trump University in 2007. Gonna need to be real productive in the mornings for errands and stuff. Won't have any excuse to not work out.
LOL, we know you're lying, no one finished at trump university!
Old 11-24-2021, 03:07 PM   #2460
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
The 11-730 shift sucks fyi.

Ask me how I know - since I joined the county I've worked 2-1030pm, 5:30 to 2pm, 10-630pm, and 11-730pm. 11-730 is good for sleep, bad for anything else like getting things done when you're not at work.

Also not sure if the Trump U thing is real or not but if it is that explains a lot.