The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

Debating with the enemy

Old 02-22-2023, 12:28 PM   #2386
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Re: The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
The frustrating thing with masks is that our medical professionals have known for decades which masks block the inhalation of coronaviruses and which inhibit the spread. They are two different masks. However, the response was just mask it was very flawed.

In terms of the natural immunity argument I have to disagree Chico, that is not how science works. You can't make a claim that is incapable of being substantiated at the time and hold it up as valid. The beauty of science is that it is skeptical and scientific consensus does change as more data is observed but that doesn't mean we deny the existing data in favor of someone's opinion. At the time there was simply not enough data to suggest natural immunity was effective especially when we were sitting at a 5% mortality rate. I think we should take this data and research as it is. This is good news on many fronts increased immunity, the fact the virus has evolved to be less fatal. These are all good things.
You gotta double up, just like with condoms.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-23-2023, 09:25 AM   #2387
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://www.foxnews.com/media/former...dant-mayflower

Black Panther Angela Davis shocked to learn she is a descendant of the Mayflower

Haha, this rules. I see a lil of the fragility in her reaction that I hear so much about. Who knew she, a radical, shares the same ancestry as the radicals of the Mayflower who were brave enough to leave oppression, travel across the world, and forge their own path.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2023, 11:22 AM   #2388
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post

Black Panther Angela Davis shocked to learn she is a descendant of the Mayflower

Haha, this rules. I see a lil of the fragility in her reaction that I hear so much about. Who knew she, a radical, shares the same ancestry as the radicals of the Mayflower who were brave enough to leave oppression, travel across the world, and forge their own path.
That is one show I would never want to go on. I have zero interest in my ancestry at all.
Old 02-23-2023, 12:01 PM   #2389
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
That is one show I would never want to go on. I have zero interest in my ancestry at all.
All the ancestry I need to know:

sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2023, 03:59 PM   #2390
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Lets Talk about a real piece of Shit!

https://www.today.com/parents/family...iety-rcna71978

Alaska legislator argued child abuse deaths are a ‘benefit to society’
The Alaska House of Representatives censured Republican Rep. David Eastman after he argued fatal child abuse is a financial "benefit to society."

During the hearing, Republican Rep. David Eastman asked Trevor Storrs, president and CEO of the Alaska Children’s Trust, a local organization working to prevent child abuse and neglect, about the potential financial "benefits" of fatal child abuse.

"How would you respond to the argument that I have heard on occasion where, in the case where child abuse is fatal, obviously it's not good for the child but it's actually a benefit to society because there aren't needs for government services and whatnot over the whole course of the child's life?" Eastman asked
Old 02-24-2023, 09:53 AM   #2391
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Speaking of slippery slopes. A 9-0 supreme court decision.

“Innocent people are sometimes held liable for fraud they did not personally commit,..."

Replace fraud with any other crime. The precedent has been set now. I imagine in a few decades we will see another crime be added where innocent people can be found guilty.
Old 02-24-2023, 10:35 AM   #2392
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:

You do realize that is probably bc her ancestors were raped by white men of Mayflower decent

fucking A chico .. erase that post.

for real
Old 02-24-2023, 10:51 AM   #2393
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
All the ancestry I need to know:

This is quite... patriotic

My aunt has really gotten into her ancestry. She has found some interesting things. One piece I am waiting for is my mom's family is from upper Wisconsin and there is an unsubstantiated claim we are related to Curly Lambeau. If that gets verified I might have to switch allegiances. Can't go against the tribe.
Old 02-24-2023, 11:23 AM   #2394
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
You do realize that is probably bc her ancestors were raped by white men of Mayflower decent

fucking A chico .. erase that post.

for real
Lol…no this has been definitely debunked. This isn’t Reddit SS

in the episode it confirms her grandfathers legacy which was well after the civil war and he was In Massachusetts where interracial marriage was legal, like in most states up north, even in the 1800s.

It’s time to accept that history is complex, like Angela Davis has too. It’s good lesson for everyone not to just accept narratives

He Gets Us
Old 02-24-2023, 12:07 PM   #2395
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:

in the episode it confirms her grandfathers legacy which was well after the civil war and he was In Massachusetts where interracial marriage was legal, like in most states up north, even in the 1800s.

It’s time to accept that history is complex, like Angela Davis has too. It’s good lesson for everyone not to just accept narratives
LOL, really you believe interracial marriage was accept in Mass all the way back to the 1800's? Why am I not surprised at your ignorance!
Old 02-24-2023, 12:21 PM   #2396
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:

Her white grandfather, family slave owner, was a powerful attorney in ALABAMA in the early 1900s ... she didnt know him or that he was her father bc she was raised in a foster home

Sorry .. I dont believe for a second that a powerful Alabama lawyer in 1900s wasnt KKK

fuck off brother

dont white wash our countrys history of rape and violence

im disappointed you would take this low hanging fucking fruit

fuck this
Old 02-24-2023, 12:22 PM   #2397
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
LOL, really you believe interracial marriage was accept in Mass all the way back to the 1800's? Why am I not surprised at your ignorance!
interracial marriage isnt accepted in the South now

trust me i know
Old 02-24-2023, 12:38 PM   #2398
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Her white grandfather, family slave owner, was a powerful attorney in ALABAMA in the early 1900s ... she didnt know him or that he was her father bc she was raised in a foster home

Sorry .. I dont believe for a second that a powerful Alabama lawyer in 1900s wasnt KKK

fuck off brother

dont white wash our countrys history of rape and violence

im disappointed you would take this low hanging fucking fruit

fuck this
The new Puritans, same as the old Puritans

sure bend it to your truth, ackshully Angela Davis ancestor was raped by a klansman, PBS. Like I said it’s been debunked, no rape. Lotta fragility going. Angela Davis heritage is now…what do the lil kids say these days, colonizer?

Watch the episode, it’s good. SS I’m a lil surprised, your response is kinda like another younger intern when I had to explain that Native Americans didn’t even have wheel here when our ancestors arrived. That’s kinda why they crushed like a pebble. Man, he got sooo mad.

He Gets Us
Old 02-24-2023, 01:42 PM   #2399
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
interracial marriage isnt accepted in the South now

trust me i know
So do I.
Old 02-24-2023, 02:20 PM   #2400
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
So do I.
So did Frederick Douglass

There’s always been more interracial marriage in the south and it’s widely accepted. You are always gonna find people who hate…and it’s both sides. Good lord, y’all are hilarious

He Gets Us