trump the Criminal

Debating with the enemy

Old 12-22-2022, 09:59 AM   #226
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: trump the Criminal

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
Question - if you were selected to be a juror would you try to remove yourself from consideration?

No I wouldn't try but I wouldn't lie either.

Advertisements
Old 12-22-2022, 11:02 AM   #227
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Why is this not a surprise?

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-era-par...101313769.html

Trump-era pardon recipients are increasingly back in legal jeopardy
Old 12-22-2022, 03:43 PM   #228
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Why is this not a surprise?

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-era-par...101313769.html

Trump-era pardon recipients are increasingly back in legal jeopardy
Those are Trumped up charges!
Old 12-22-2022, 04:03 PM   #229
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
Those are Trumped up charges!
[
Old 12-23-2022, 10:41 AM   #230
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
The issue will be the jury. It probably will be virtually impossible to find one that would be impartial (At least a quarter would convict no matter what and a quarter of them would acquit no matter what).
Just want to point out I'm not alone in my thinking he might see time.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/former-fe...224535748.html

Former federal appeals court judge: Trump could be sentenced to prison
J. Michael Luttig, a prominent conservative attorney, thinks the crimes Trump may have committed in trying to overturn the election would require any judge to give him prison time.

“I don’t know that a district judge would have any choice but to sentence the former president to imprisonment under the terms and provisions of these various offenses,” retired U.S. Court of Appeals Judge J. Michael Luttig said in a wide-ranging interview on the Yahoo News “Skullduggery” podcast

Luttig, who for years was considered one of the leading conservative jurists in the country and who testified last summer as a star witness in the committee’s hearings, also said that he sees “poetic justice” in the panel’s investigation. In particular, he singled out the work of Vice Chair Liz Cheney, R-Wyo., who, despite losing a primary to a Trump-backed opponent, pressed the panel to make its criminal referral to the Justice Department, which recommended that the former president and others be investigated for violating four federal statutes in their efforts to overturn the 2020 election.

“The poetic justice of these historic hearings is that the president set out to destroy the January 6th committee and the political careers of its members,” said Luttig. “And it is the committee that will end the political career of the former president. It will have been Liz Cheney who ended Donald Trump's political career— his, not hers.”
Old 12-23-2022, 05:11 PM   #231
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Just want to point out I'm not alone in my thinking he might see time.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/former-fe...224535748.html

Former federal appeals court judge: Trump could be sentenced to prison
J. Michael Luttig, a prominent conservative attorney, thinks the crimes Trump may have committed in trying to overturn the election would require any judge to give him prison time.

“I don’t know that a district judge would have any choice but to sentence the former president to imprisonment under the terms and provisions of these various offenses,” retired U.S. Court of Appeals Judge J. Michael Luttig said in a wide-ranging interview on the Yahoo News “Skullduggery” podcast

Luttig, who for years was considered one of the leading conservative jurists in the country and who testified last summer as a star witness in the committee’s hearings, also said that he sees “poetic justice” in the panel’s investigation. In particular, he singled out the work of Vice Chair Liz Cheney, R-Wyo., who, despite losing a primary to a Trump-backed opponent, pressed the panel to make its criminal referral to the Justice Department, which recommended that the former president and others be investigated for violating four federal statutes in their efforts to overturn the 2020 election.

“The poetic justice of these historic hearings is that the president set out to destroy the January 6th committee and the political careers of its members,” said Luttig. “And it is the committee that will end the political career of the former president. It will have been Liz Cheney who ended Donald Trump's political career— his, not hers.”

If he was found guilty yes of course it would warrant imprisonment (and yes I think he is guilty as sin). Problem still returns to getting a conviction and that will require an impartial jury and I just don't see that being a possibility.
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 04:54 PM   #232
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Donald Trump says he’ll be arrested Tuesday as New York prosecutor eyes charges
Former president could be indicted in an investigation examining hush money paid to women who alleged sexual encounters with him

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/2023...-eyes-charges/

NEW YORK— Donald Trump said in a social media post that he will be arrested Tuesday as a New York prosecutor is eyeing charges in a case examining hush money paid to women who alleged sexual encounters with the former president.

Trump said in a post on his Truth Social network early Saturday that “illegal leaks” from the Manhattan district attorney’s office indicate that “THE FAR & AWAY LEADING REPUBLICAN CANDIDATE & FORMER PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, WILL BE ARRESTED ON TUESDAY OF NEXT WEEK.”
Trump urged his followers to protest.

Law enforcement officials in New York have been making security preparations for the possibility that Trump could be indicted.

There has been no public announcement of any time frame for the grand jury’s secret work in the case, including any potential vote on whether to indict the ex-president.
Old 03-19-2023, 09:46 AM   #233
MTK
\m/

He’s going to incite another riot I guarantee it
Old 03-19-2023, 02:59 PM   #234
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

“tHe wALls ArE cLoSinG iN”

Lol

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 03:01 PM   #235
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Is there a way to block a thread lol?
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 06:33 PM   #236
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
He’s going to incite another riot I guarantee it
Yeah he will, the ignorant will defend him or try to ignore it. That's just in NY , Georgia is where I think they will nail his ass.
Old 03-22-2023, 02:34 PM   #237
MTK
\m/

Old 03-22-2023, 02:35 PM   #238
MTK
\m/

Old 03-22-2023, 02:39 PM   #239
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Old 03-30-2023, 07:48 PM   #240
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Trump becomes be the first former U.S. president ever to be charged with a crime.

New York grand jury votes to indict Trump in hush money case: Live updates

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-new-yor...214723895.html

Finally!