Media Bias

Debating with the enemy

Old 10-16-2017, 07:39 AM   #226
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Media Bias

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Yes, Fox News, Breitbart, and The Blaze are all biased and liberal. Like I said, media is an all-encompassing term. Being specific only helps your cause.
Mooby for like the tenth time...I’m talking about mainstream media which reaches most folks...nbc, abc, cbs, cnn and yes Fox I’ll put in there.

I’m not including msnbc, huffington, breibart, blaze, etc...these are established biased, gossip, and....opinion-based NOT fact-based so-called news orgs.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-16-2017, 08:33 AM   #227
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
There is a big difference between constructing art to send an effective message versus grandstanding, talking about things they cannot to relate too or being a hypocrite for causes from which their own platform is built upon don’t practice it. Clear as fuck examples when talking about Hollywood and the media: gender equality when it comes to pay and sexual assault and rape in the workplace.

These people are clowns...don’t tell the rest of the country how to live when when you allow this type of behavior in your workplace.

LOL, don't look now but you just describe our political leaders. The people you seem to like to bash have the same rights you do and use them the same way you do.

Chico ,as has been said before,you seem to like to bash the messenger ,not the message.
Old 10-16-2017, 09:00 AM   #228
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
LOL, don't look now but you just describe our political leaders. The people you seem to like to bash have the same rights you do and use them the same way you do.

Chico ,as has been said before,you seem to like to bash the messenger ,not the message.
I’m mostly bashing packaging/presentation of the message. You can manipulate that piece to change it to what you like. I work in business control and quality operations...so it’s natural for me to sift through information and separate

He Gets Us
Old 10-16-2017, 10:47 AM   #229
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Mooby for like the tenth time...I’m talking about mainstream media which reaches most folks...nbc, abc, cbs, cnn and yes Fox I’ll put in there.

I’m not including msnbc, huffington, breibart, blaze, etc...these are established biased, gossip, and....opinion-based NOT fact-based so-called news orgs.
If you didn't that's how I'd know you're full of shit lol, fucking Fox News is the go-to for every right winger in this nation.

Also, I'm sure you don't check out MSNBC, but if you do you'll see that 90% of their content is just reposting other people's articles. Yes they're guilty of reposting op-eds too and trying to present them like they're actual news, but anybody with half a brain can read the article and realize it's just some other dumbass presenting his/her opinion on the subject.

Also you want to know the most hilarious part? I've seen Fox News articles reposted on MSN. Literally. I will go get you proof if you think I'm lying.
Old 10-18-2017, 12:45 AM   #230
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

‘Beautiful Girls’ Scribe Scott Rosenberg On Harvey Weinstein | Deadline

This is the single best piece of writing I've read about the Weinstein allegations. Sums it up quite nicely.
Old 10-18-2017, 01:58 PM   #231
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

As more allegations and accusations come rolling out, it gives a much different view as to why Hollywood tends to be liberal and embrace the liberal victim culture. It sounds like there was a terrifying amount of abuse and harassment toward the youngest and weakest in Hollywood.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 02:00 PM   #232
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
As more allegations and accusations come rolling out, it gives a much different view as to why Hollywood tends to be liberal and embrace the liberal victim culture. It sounds like there was a terrifying amount of abuse and harassment toward the youngest and weakest in Hollywood.
Meryl Streep called Weinstein "god" after she won an award.

Point and laugh when these fucks tell you how to live and vote.

He Gets Us
Old 10-19-2017, 08:26 AM   #233
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

In attempt to sow fear, Russian trolls paid for self-defense classes for African Americans - Oct. 18, 2017

very interesting. This is like the 3rd story ive run across about Russia elements investing in stoking racial tensions across the country, but yet these stories don't make national news orgs even when the two topics are race and Russia... this is in the money section of cnn...why wouldn't this make the front page ?

Could it be that it doesn't support the right narrative they want?

He Gets Us
Old 10-19-2017, 09:23 AM   #234
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

The reports about Russia and russian trolls that I have seen mostly have been Russia instigating liberals and trying to get them riled up. I have believed all along that the Democrats "doth protest too much" on Russia especially. If we ever get to the real truth, I am guessing Russia played both sides of the aisle, just like corporations, PAC's and all the other influencers of US politics.
Old 10-19-2017, 09:38 AM   #235
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Can I also add -
This issue about Trump's call to the fallen soldier's family is total BS. When I served in the 90's it was a point of pride that we served our country not because we were drafted or forced but because we volunteered. I can't think of one of the soldiers in any of the units I served in that would have taken offense to that fact being expressed in a condolence call.

I also think it shows the extreme left's misunderstanding of core US values. To the representative she took it as a slight (however Trump phrased it) or an in your face comment, when in reality the statement - we soldiers know what we signed up for - is always(when commanders in the field say it, when said to one another, etc) intended to reflect the greatest lengths of sacrifice one has gone and offered to our country.
Old 10-19-2017, 09:51 AM   #236
MTK
\m/

Trump isn’t exactly a smooth talker so I’m sure his delivery was the problem. Plus not knowing the soldier’s name probably isn’t a good look.
Old 10-19-2017, 12:43 PM   #237
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Meryl Streep called Weinstein "god" after she won an award.

Point and laugh when these fucks tell you how to live and vote.
Is that any different from the hypocrites in Congress telling you how to live and vote? How many more anti-abortion/family values Congressmen telling their pregnant mistresses to get an abortion, or anti LGBTQ Congressmen secretly being gay do we need to find before you start thinking this is a problem contained to Hollywood? There are very few people in the upper echelons of society living what they preach. It's a widespread problem.

That article I posted sums it up easily. Nobody said or did shit because Harvey was the golden goose in Hollywood. If you were with him, he could make your career take off, and give you access to the most private functions there are. If you were against him, you most likely ended up blacklisted and shunned in the industry. I'm also sure he kept the rapes as close to a secret as possible, i.e. there were only a select few that probably knew about it. While I'd like to say they are just as bad as he is, who knows. Maybe he was holding the threat of blacklisting over their heads too.
Old 10-19-2017, 12:54 PM   #238
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Is that any different from the hypocrites in Congress telling you how to live and vote? How many more anti-abortion/family values Congressmen telling their pregnant mistresses to get an abortion, or anti LGBTQ Congressmen secretly being gay do we need to find before you start thinking this is a problem contained to Hollywood? There are very few people in the upper echelons of society living what they preach. It's a widespread problem.

That article I posted sums it up easily. Nobody said or did shit because Harvey was the golden goose in Hollywood. If you were with him, he could make your career take off, and give you access to the most private functions there are. If you were against him, you most likely ended up blacklisted and shunned in the industry. I'm also sure he kept the rapes as close to a secret as possible, i.e. there were only a select few that probably knew about it. While I'd like to say they are just as bad as he is, who knows. Maybe he was holding the threat of blacklisting over their heads too.
Elected officials vs Hollywood folks not the same...apples and oranges is fairly obvious here.

In regards to the article I read it previously...but do you think that excuses anything...apologist even? If anything is speaks directly to my point where are morally-beyond-weak that on one hand they look past behavior....which *NEWSFLASH*...is PREVELANT in both Hollywood and the media. This is coming out daily now.

So in these cases in Hollywood Quienton Tarentino, Matt Damon, Meryl Streep, and Ben Afflack (titans in the industries) are allowed to look past this type of behavior, be an apologist for it...and then tell the rest of the nation how to live and vote?

POINT AND FUCKING LAUGH at these proven hypocritical folks.

He Gets Us
Old 10-19-2017, 01:25 PM   #239
MTK
\m/

If you’re listening to anyone other than yourself as far as how to live and vote point and laugh at yourself.
Old 10-19-2017, 02:08 PM   #240
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Elected officials vs Hollywood folks not the same...apples and oranges is fairly obvious here.

In regards to the article I read it previously...but do you think that excuses anything...apologist even? If anything is speaks directly to my point where are morally-beyond-weak that on one hand they look past behavior....which *NEWSFLASH*...is PREVELANT in both Hollywood and the media. This is coming out daily now.

So in these cases in Hollywood Quienton Tarentino, Matt Damon, Meryl Streep, and Ben Afflack (titans in the industries) are allowed to look past this type of behavior, be an apologist for it...and then tell the rest of the nation how to live and vote?

POINT AND FUCKING LAUGH at these proven hypocritical folks.
Way to turn a blind eye, I made the comparison clear. People in position of power abuse it across all industries and everybody turns a blind eye because they fear the repercussions. Yes, they are hypocrites. I've already conceded that. What about Roger Ailes? Bill O'Reilly? Your president? All of them have multiple sexual harassment accusations, and your president is even on video talking about how his power allows him the opportunity to grab women by the pussy. Yet I guess they get a free pass because of all the good they do for the country.

Also, quick question Chico. Scenario here: You are trying to jumpstart a career in an unforgiving field where it's already hard to break in. A major player in the field takes you under his wing, gives you a massive opportunity. You say yes, of course you would. Next thing you know you either hear rumors of, or are subjected to, extreme harassment bordering on assault. What do you do?