Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-18-2020, 09:43 AM   #227
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: Coronavirus (political)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
Youth Sports are probably done for, at least until we get a vaccine. So i've been meaning to post this question for a while now, just to get your input, but what businesses / industries in America do you think will be permanently gone / forever changed? I'll give you my quick list:

Gone:
Youth / High School Sports (Until we get a vaccine)
Cruise Ships
Beach Resorts
Theme Parks
Movie Theaters
Every retail store that isn't Wal-Mart or a Grocery Stores

Permanently Changed:
Restaurants - dine in will never be allowed again
School - Schools will go to all distance learning until we get a vaccine
Grocery Stores - in person limit, rationing of certain items will continue for next several years
Travel - People will not be able to leave the USA unless it is proven to be for essential work, etc.
Public Parks - family gatherings, BBQ's etc will no longer be allowed
so much for beaches/beach resorts being gone/Public Parks being permanently changed:
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/flori...b63639081ed802

CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 11:05 AM   #228
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://www.dailywire.com/news/illin...avirus-request

This should make everyone irate...trying to take advantage of the Wuhan virus crisis to bailout a corrupt, 20 year mismanaged Illinois State pension fund. God awful disgraceful request by democratic leadership there.

He Gets Us
Old 04-18-2020, 11:42 AM   #229
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
https://www.dailywire.com/news/illin...avirus-request

This should make everyone irate...trying to take advantage of the Wuhan virus crisis to bailout a corrupt, 20 year mismanaged Illinois State pension fund. God awful disgraceful request by democratic leadership there.
Wuhan virus. You're such a fucking idiot. Transparent attempts to assign nationality to a virus do not work on those of us with half a brain. Trump and his ilk who adopt his tactics speak only to the lowest common denominator in this country. GTFO with this bullshit, we're too smart here to put up with this drivel.
Old 04-18-2020, 11:55 AM   #230
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Yes it's about small business's and the hospital workers and the people who really need it ,not Boeing getting 50 billion or the Kennedy Center getting money.

For God sake chico stop your shit!

"Small businesses, hospitals, frontline workers and state and local governments across the country are struggling to keep up with this national crisis. They need more help from the federal government and they need it fast. ... While the Trump Administration struggles to figure out how to distribute the funds provided for in the CARES Act, it’s clear that those appropriated amounts will not be enough to cover the tremendous need," Schumer and Pelosi said on Monday.

Democrats also want to make changes to the PPP, ensuring that half of the new $250 billion in funding goes through "community-based financial institutions that serve farmers, family, women, minority and veteran-owned small businesses." Democrats have raised concerns that the current setup of the program favors larger businesses with existing connections to a lender."
Giantone I usually dismiss your posts as biased but I have to say this one is accurate, and let me give you a window into how and why.

I work as an executive at a hospital, many of you know this. The CARES act set aside $100 billion in funds to support hospitals. They just distributed the first 30% of the funds to hospitals - and they did it without regard to which hospitals were actually bearing the burden of caring for patients with COVID.

All they did was take the $100B, multiply it by 30%, meaning they're distributing $30B. And they took that $30B and just distributed it to hospitals based on the proportion of Medicare revenue those hospitals had last year.

In other words, if a hospital in New York had 0.005% of the Medicare revenues in the country last year, and a hospital in Nebraska had 0.005% of Medicare revenues in the country last year, they got the exact same $ amount from this first distribution. Nevermind the fact that the hospital in NY is actually treating COVID-19 patients in droves, while the hospital in Nebraska barely has any.

So the hospital in Nebraska is sitting there with this windfall, and the hospital in New York doesn't have nearly enough to pay for PPE, ventilators, etc. etc.

It was lazy and poorly executed. The equivalent of just waving a wand and being done with it. It's easy to dismiss things we read in the news these days as biased, because few journalists these days can actually connect it to facts, and how things are actually done. But this is an illustration of how poorly Trump and his administration have managed the crisis. They don't understand nuances of the pandemic enough to manage it properly - so they just wave a wand as if they can't be bothered with careful planning and foresight.

Very disappointing.
Old 04-18-2020, 12:13 PM   #231
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Wuhan virus. You're such a fucking idiot. Transparent attempts to assign nationality to a virus do not work on those of us with half a brain. Trump and his ilk who adopt his tactics speak only to the lowest common denominator in this country. GTFO with this bullshit, we're too smart here to put up with this drivel.
Where have you been? A lot of deadly diseases have generated out of China due to their unsanitary raising and consumption of meat. So you are "too smart" to deny the truth?
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 02:23 PM   #232
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Yeah it’s not anything to do with trump, i find it easier to type and since the start of outbreak is in Wuhan and that’s how it’s been referred too, then it makes since....kinda like other virus, diseases, Etc. I guess because trump said it at some point people are angry...hey I get it. Plus Wuhan is close to wutang...a much beloved hip hop group, so I type or say it, it’s with the same affection I have for the gza, the rza, the ole dirty bastard, method man, Raekwon the chef, ghostface killa, and many, many others.

Glad you responded because I did want to know, because of the field you work in...do you think a person who has antibodies, does that equal immunity? And what do you think about time table of a treatment available?

He Gets Us
Old 04-18-2020, 07:28 PM   #233
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
Where have you been? A lot of deadly diseases have generated out of China due to their unsanitary raising and consumption of meat. So you are "too smart" to deny the truth?
More so than any other nation/continent?

I’m surrounded by fucking mental midgets. One says he likes Wu Tang, another say this shit as if he knows what he’s talking about. You’re embarrassing yourself.

Where did influenza come from? HIV? Ebola? The Plague? Small pox? Polio? Malaria? Staph? MRSA?

But because SARS and COVID came from China it’s different?

Stop to consider that there may be some things you don’t know that you don’t know. In your case it’s an awful lot.
Old 04-18-2020, 08:01 PM   #234
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

What a damn good show. Haven't seen this episode in a long time.

sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 08:03 PM   #235
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:

I’m surrounded by fucking mental midgets. One says he likes Wu Tang, another say this shit as if he knows what he’s talking about. You’re embarrassing yourself.

Where did influenza come from? HIV? Ebola? The Plague? Small pox? Polio? Malaria? Staph? MRSA?

Stop to consider that there may be some things you don’t know that you don’t know. In your case it’s an awful lot.
I’m sorry this is happening to you. Is the name really this bothersome?

He Gets Us
Old 04-18-2020, 08:47 PM   #236
SunnySide
Playmaker

How could this be? What the banker discovered was that with less than 500 employees, financial firms and other high-end businesses are technically qualified for low-interest federally guaranteed loans under the broad parameters of the government's Payroll Protection Program (PPP).

And many were sending applications to his bank for the cash, as much as $10 million in the form of a forgivable loan, even if these weren't the types of small businesses Washington was looking to aid.

Even worse, the hedge funds and brokerage businesses were in effect taking money that should be earmarked for businesses that can barely survive in a time of social distancing and quarantines.

These companies have been forced to lay off workers just to make rent, while many banks were prioritizing loans on a first-come, first-served basis and giving priority to their best customers. That means hedge funds and financial firms with deep pockets and significant banking relationships could be getting the money ahead of the local coffee shop.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/money/st...nds-brokerages

Ive read several articles today, all say the same thing.

PPP money is going to hedge funds and companies still making money and not needing to lay people off vs Main Street actual small businesses. I also read there was some language that tried to exclude certain hedge funds by saying their investors count towards the 500 employee cap.

This needs to be fixed.

Republican or Democrat, this is a problem and needs to be fixed before they give Wall Street money over Main Street.

Thank you Mrs. Pelosi and Mr. Schumer for trying to make sure the help actually gets to needy.
Old 04-19-2020, 08:14 AM   #237
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post

Thank you Mrs. Pelosi and Mr. Schumer for trying to make sure the help actually gets to needy.

BAM! mike drop!

This is what it is all about .
Old 04-19-2020, 09:32 AM   #238
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:

Nice of you to insult people like you are in elementary school, try having a little class or is that beyond you? 95% of the time it seems Democrats can't carry on a conversation without hurling insults.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 10:34 AM   #239
MTK
\m/

Coronavirus (political)

Nothing more dumb right now than people out protesting the stay at home orders, like seriously WTF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-19-2020, 12:29 PM   #240
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
How could this be? What the banker discovered was that with less than 500 employees, financial firms and other high-end businesses are technically qualified for low-interest federally guaranteed loans under the broad parameters of the government's Payroll Protection Program (PPP).

And many were sending applications to his bank for the cash, as much as $10 million in the form of a forgivable loan, even if these weren't the types of small businesses Washington was looking to aid.

Even worse, the hedge funds and brokerage businesses were in effect taking money that should be earmarked for businesses that can barely survive in a time of social distancing and quarantines.

These companies have been forced to lay off workers just to make rent, while many banks were prioritizing loans on a first-come, first-served basis and giving priority to their best customers. That means hedge funds and financial firms with deep pockets and significant banking relationships could be getting the money ahead of the local coffee shop.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/money/st...nds-brokerages

Ive read several articles today, all say the same thing.

PPP money is going to hedge funds and companies still making money and not needing to lay people off vs Main Street actual small businesses. I also read there was some language that tried to exclude certain hedge funds by saying their investors count towards the 500 employee cap.

This needs to be fixed.

Republican or Democrat, this is a problem and needs to be fixed before they give Wall Street money over Main Street.

Lol....I wish I could post queries from data tables to clearly to clearly show this is untrue. I guess we are going imagine client facing teams working in unison across the country submit apps to the wizard of oz who pressing approved/rejected button based on a series of preset biased features. within the structure of commercial business size are under a regulatory control cannot manipulated, the options that some jump the line or some large big business are grabbing the money just can’t be done. When you see big brands just remember franchises.

Also before approvals are being completed, required aml/kyc info must be reviewed and up to date to ensure it is correct to ensure reporting and data management...oversight. Partnership with the fed govt has been strong and it was several 7 day work weeks to execute it.

While this is headline grabbing it doesn’t speak to the truth to the hardwork being done to meet client needs in desperate times.

Like I’ve stated, this really isn’t about ppp, trying to tack on agenda items that have nothing to do with the program. Wanting more regulatory actions where it’s not needed is Substantially hurting more small business owners than helping.

Sunyside, your intentions are good, but you're simply wrong if you think folks are being left out because of biases in the most heavily regulated industry in the country.

He Gets Us