The hypocrisy of the ________

Debating with the enemy

Old 07-15-2020, 11:08 AM   #1
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: The hypocrisy of the ________

Just searched MSNBC and CNN, websites...zero on it

Weird huh?

Famous black says racists and anti Semitic comment...in this current environment and not covered

Weird

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 11:30 AM   #2
SunnySide
Playmaker

Chico I hear what you are saying ... but to me Nick Cannon is a fringe nobody ... i do think sometimes the factor as to whether a story catches fire is how big of a star it concerns.

Nick Cannon is .. a C list. Maybe because I dont watch whatever shows he is on I view him as a nobody. But Im sure if I watched his shows it would be bigger for me.

Bottom line - do i think the liberal media outlets are making a conscious board room decision to bury the Nick cannon story?

No that just seems silly.

I just dont think Nick Cannon generates much buzz or interest. Its nick cannon, ya know.

----

edit -- look at tucker carlsons writer getting busted for being a racist .. that got very little play, even in the liberal side of the media.

------------

I do think there are liberal media groups and there are conservative media groups.

What i dont get is right wing people so obsessed with "liberal media" while completely ignoring the reality that there is left wing, neutral and right wing media.

A staple of the conservative playbook is to get you guys to think "all media is liberal" and therefore anything negative about Trump is "liberal BS"

The kicker is you then call us sheep .. lol.

The hypocrisy of it all. Searching for anything to scream about the liberal media ... while 100% ignoring the fact that there is right wing and left wing media.
Old 07-15-2020, 11:42 AM   #3
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Chico I hear what you are saying ... but to me Nick Cannon is a fringe nobody ... i do think sometimes the factor as to whether a story catches fire is how big of a star it concerns.

Nick Cannon is .. a C list. Maybe because I dont watch whatever shows he is on I view him as a nobody. But Im sure if I watched his shows it would be bigger for me.

Bottom line - do i think the liberal media outlets are making a conscious board room decision to bury the Nick cannon story?

No that just seems silly.

I just dont think Nick Cannon generates much buzz or interest. Its nick cannon, ya know.

----

edit -- look at tucker carlsons writer getting busted for being a racist .. that got very little play, even in the liberal side of the media.

------------

I do think there are liberal media groups and there are conservative media groups.

What i dont get is right wing people so obsessed with "liberal media" while completely ignoring the reality that there is left wing, neutral and right wing media.

A staple of the conservative playbook is to get you guys to think "all media is liberal" and therefore anything negative about Trump is "liberal BS"

The kicker is you then call us sheep .. lol.

The hypocrisy of it all. Searching for anything to scream about the liberal media ... while 100% ignoring the fact that there is right wing and left wing media.
When I search Nick Cannon on MSNBC and CNN, multiple past actual Video pieces and articles pop out about him. So if he is so fringe, why so much coverage about him in the past on both networks?

Now the defense of what he said is a whole other story...

He Gets Us
Old 07-15-2020, 11:32 AM   #4
MTK
\m/

^ It was a top headline in my USA Today app yesterday.
Old 07-15-2020, 11:39 AM   #5
SunnySide
Playmaker

Why isnt Fox News covering the story of the republican who was just charged with multiple counts of voter fraud!!!!

They buried the story over night and now ... nothing.

Arrrgg! Arggg! Argg!

Right wing media bias!! blah blah blah . ..

I just dont get how a right wing person can be so obsessed with left wing media and ignoring the fact that right wing media does the same thing.
Old 07-15-2020, 12:00 PM   #6
SunnySide
Playmaker

Honestly idk chico. I dont think im in his demographic so to me, hes a nobody. The first article I have ever read about him was the one you posted.

I imagine he is big news for his targeted demographic .. teenagers and instagram people?

-------------

the melatonin stuff, ive seen it before .. much like white tears and anything Farrakan... hate, stupidity and bigotry.

Im sure cancel culture is doing its thing.
Old 07-15-2020, 12:02 PM   #7
MTK
\m/

If it wasn't for Chappelle's show I'd probably barely know who he is lol

"He's hilarious"
Old 07-15-2020, 01:24 PM   #8
Duffman003
Impact Rookie

Yayyyy

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/15/enter...rnd/index.html
Old 07-15-2020, 02:08 PM   #9
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman003 View Post
Too late doesn't count
Old 07-15-2020, 02:21 PM   #10
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Too late doesn't count

He Gets Us
Old 07-15-2020, 09:28 PM   #11
Giantone
Gamebreaker

republicains, got to love them....................

https://www.yahoo.com/news/kansas-fr...000957910.html

TOPEKA, Kan. (AP) — A freshman Kansas congressman who had listed a UPS Inc. postal box as his residence on a state voter registration form was charged Tuesday with three felonies, including illegal voting.

The charges against GOP Rep. Steve Watkins came three weeks before the state's Aug. 4 primary election with fellow Republicans pushing to oust him from the eastern Kansas seat he barely won in 2018, even though he's largely toed the conservative policy line and supported President Donald Trump. GOP critics already had worried that the months-long investigation into whether Watkins violated state election laws puts the 2nd District seat in play if he wins the primary.

Watkins called the charges “hyper-political” even though the district attorney who filed them also is a Republican. The congressman said during a televised debate Tuesday evening that he hadn't seen the charges but has done nothing wrong.

“I'll get my name exonerated," he said during his closing statement.

The charges were filed in state district court in Shawnee County, which includes Watkins' hometown, the state capital of Topeka. District Attorney Mike Kagay announced them less than half an hour before the three GOP candidates' only scheduled debate began on three stations.

The UPS postal box was listed as Watkins' residential address for voter registration purposes when he cast a mail-in ballot for a local city council and school board election in November 2019. He later changed his residential listing.
Old 07-16-2020, 12:41 AM   #12
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
republicains, got to love them....................

https://www.yahoo.com/news/kansas-fr...000957910.html

TOPEKA, Kan. (AP) — A freshman Kansas congressman who had listed a UPS Inc. postal box as his residence on a state voter registration form was charged Tuesday with three felonies, including illegal voting.

The charges against GOP Rep. Steve Watkins came three weeks before the state's Aug. 4 primary election with fellow Republicans pushing to oust him from the eastern Kansas seat he barely won in 2018, even though he's largely toed the conservative policy line and supported President Donald Trump. GOP critics already had worried that the months-long investigation into whether Watkins violated state election laws puts the 2nd District seat in play if he wins the primary.

Watkins called the charges “hyper-political” even though the district attorney who filed them also is a Republican. The congressman said during a televised debate Tuesday evening that he hadn't seen the charges but has done nothing wrong.

“I'll get my name exonerated," he said during his closing statement.

The charges were filed in state district court in Shawnee County, which includes Watkins' hometown, the state capital of Topeka. District Attorney Mike Kagay announced them less than half an hour before the three GOP candidates' only scheduled debate began on three stations.

The UPS postal box was listed as Watkins' residential address for voter registration purposes when he cast a mail-in ballot for a local city council and school board election in November 2019. He later changed his residential listing.
Sunny, I know you were kind of making a tongue in cheek example, but FoxNews did cover it. That's actually how I found out about it.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/kan...ged-3-felonies

In terms of what he did "wrong", simple mistake. Who doesn't think their house isn't at a delivery store from time to time. Many a time I woke up inside of a UPS Store. What a fucking idiot. If they can't just remove him outright, there is no way he would win anyways. He won't become a sophomore.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 06:04 AM   #13
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Sunny, I know you were kind of making a tongue in cheek example, but FoxNews did cover it. That's actually how I found out about it.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/kan...ged-3-felonies

In terms of what he did "wrong", simple mistake. Who doesn't think their house isn't at a delivery store from time to time. Many a time I woke up inside of a UPS Store. What a fucking idiot. If they can't just remove him outright, there is no way he would win anyways. He won't become a sophomore.
With UPS stores on every corner, it's easy to see how they get confused for houses. We're on the same wavelength SD.
Old 07-21-2020, 11:13 AM   #14
SunnySide
Playmaker

The hypocrisy of "States rights".

------------

Federal agents in Portland, Ore., must confine their law enforcement duties to the protection of federal assets and wear uniforms that identify them, Fox News senior judicial analyst Judge Andrew Napolitano told “Fox & Friends” on Tuesday.

“The federal government can use federal assets to protect federal property,” Napolitano said.

“Stated differently, the Department of Homeland Security can send police into Oregon to protect a federal courthouse in Oregon, use that as an example.”

He went on to say that the federal government cannot, however, enforce the general criminal law.

“They can't supplement or replace the police,” Napolitano explained. “They can't go throughout the streets and say, ‘Hey, you’re committing a crime. We’re going to arrest you.’”

“They certainly can't do what they have been doing in Oregon, which is arresting people without a warrant and without probable cause, holding them for a few hours and then letting them go,” he went on to explain. “So they have to be restrained and they have to confine their activity to the federal property.”

“Their law enforcement duties must absolutely be confined to the protection of federal assets, so says the Constitution, which leaves the general police power in the hands of the cities and states and not the federal government,” Napolitano said on Tuesday.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/judge-...d-constitution

---------------

I am sure all the "States Rights!!!!" conservatives are denouncing Trumps trampling of the Constitution.
Old 07-21-2020, 02:34 PM   #15
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
I am sure all the "States Rights!!!!" conservatives are denouncing Trumps trampling of the Constitution.
I do not agree with Trump on this. This is not the federal government's job. If the federal government just followed the constitution, and specifically the 10th amendment, since well before and including the Trump administration, the national debt would be a whole lot less.

This is up to people in Portland and Oregon to resolve. If they want to let those losers destroy their city that is on them. That's who they elected. Either demand they fix it or vote some people in that have an ounce of common sense.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote