Re: The 2nd Amendment Thread

But the deep-state will take my shit
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 10:30 PM   #228
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://www.foxnews.com/us/californi...nviction-march

Cop Killer arrested, but he should have been in jail…

Earlier this year, he pleaded guilty to felony charges of domestic violence and residential burglary after beating up and attacking his girlfriend, according to court documents obtained by Fox News Digital. He was sentenced to six months in county jail and four years of felony probation.

Prosecutors were unable to file an enhancement for using a knife in Delcid's February domestic violence crime due to progressive directives implemented by Gascon.

Literally you can beat up your girlfriend with a knife and take her things in California and you can be out in a couple months in time to shoot kill people…because of democrats.

Imagine being so incompetent and a piece of shit to believe this guy should be walking the streets.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 10:47 AM   #229
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
I worry about it too. yet we know what the right will say the answer is......"more guns"!
I dont think this is a R v D issue. I read a lot of right wing comment sections and most agree with and want penalties for people being stupid with a gun.

Enhanced penalties for guns in the commission of a crime has always been an agreeable issue. id say far left would be more against it bc of the disproportionate effect on POC and incentivicing (i cant pell that word right now) for police to do even more cracked window policing of low income areas.

DC police did this top Gun thing back in the 90s where officers got incentives for bringing guns off the street. I was 3rd chair for a case against an officer in DC federal court (civil rights/excessive force not re top gun but top gun was a part of it), the officer would just pull over every black male he saw, search their car and if he found a gun arrested them and get the incentives. If they didnt have a gun hed let them go.

Clear violations of a persons 4th but when youre a 24 black male in DC and a cop detains you searches you and lets yo go ... who do you complain to? Wasnt like it is now with cellphone cameras and in this climate of where police has lost presumed trustworthiness.

id just like to see an enhanced penalty for traffic road rage related events where a gun is displayed.

Road rage can effect anyone anywhere. bad part of town, good part of town, late at night or 2:30 in the afternoon.

Road rage doesnt care about the R or D.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 11:31 AM   #230
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
https://www.foxnews.com/us/californi...nviction-march

Cop Killer arrested, but he should have been in jail…

Earlier this year, he pleaded guilty to felony charges of domestic violence and residential burglary after beating up and attacking his girlfriend, according to court documents obtained by Fox News Digital. He was sentenced to six months in county jail and four years of felony probation.

Prosecutors were unable to file an enhancement for using a knife in Delcid's February domestic violence crime due to progressive directives implemented by Gascon.

Literally you can beat up your girlfriend with a knife and take her things in California and you can be out in a couple months in time to shoot kill people…because of democrats.

Imagine being so incompetent and a piece of shit to believe this guy should be walking the streets.
I wish Fox News would expand on that and lay it out without doing a 7 word drive by and not explain exactly how.

I found a good Atlantic article below. Seems not using sentencing enhancement for weapons was one the policy changes. Like the article points out, the success stories of people not getting longer sentences and then not becoming a repeat offender are hard to quantify and dont get spotlighted but stories like the one Fox News is spotlighting get attention.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...ecalls/629701/

-----------------

I personally think sentence enhancement for weapons should be in play but I do worry about the discretionary use by states attorneys. Discretionary use can lead to discrimatory use ... and that is part of the systemic racism.

I do think we need to incarcerate misdemeanors less, have better programs and assistance .. and get away from private for profit jails.

Putting more people behind bars and for longer is not the answer.

24 US States individually led the world/any country in highest incarceration per capita.

That is fucking crazy. And its dominated by southern jail for profit States where it is systemic racism of a pipeline from states attorney to judge to private jailer.

We dont need more people in jail.

we dont need private for profit jails.

-------------

If we imagine every state as an independent nation, as in the graph above, every state appears extreme. 24 states would have the highest incarceration rate in the world — higher even than the United States. Massachusetts, the state with the lowest incarceration rate in the nation, would rank 17th in the world with an incarceration rate higher than Iran, Colombia, and all the founding NATO nations.

In fact, many of the countries that rank alongside the least punitive U.S. states, such as Turkey, Thailand, Rwanda, and Russia, have authoritarian governments or have recently experienced large-scale internal armed conflicts. Others struggle with “violent crime”
on a scale far beyond that in the U.S.: South Africa, Panama, Costa Rica, and Brazil all have murder rates more than double that of the U.S. Yet the U.S., “the land of the free,” tops them all.

https://www.prisonpolicy.org/global/...SAAEgLz1PD_BwE
Old 08-12-2022, 11:44 AM   #231
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
I dont think this is a R v D issue. I read a lot of right wing comment sections and most agree with and want penalties for people being stupid with a gun.

Enhanced penalties for guns in the commission of a crime has always been an agreeable issue. id say far left would be more against it bc of the disproportionate effect on POC and incentivicing (i cant pell that word right now) for police to do even more cracked window policing of low income areas.

DC police did this top Gun thing back in the 90s where officers got incentives for bringing guns off the street. I was 3rd chair for a case against an officer in DC federal court (civil rights/excessive force not re top gun but top gun was a part of it), the officer would just pull over every black male he saw, search their car and if he found a gun arrested them and get the incentives. If they didnt have a gun hed let them go.

Clear violations of a persons 4th but when youre a 24 black male in DC and a cop detains you searches you and lets yo go ... who do you complain to? Wasnt like it is now with cellphone cameras and in this climate of where police has lost presumed trustworthiness.

id just like to see an enhanced penalty for traffic road rage related events where a gun is displayed.

Road rage can effect anyone anywhere. bad part of town, good part of town, late at night or 2:30 in the afternoon.

Road rage doesn't care about the R or D.
I am sincere when I say I agree with you and you're right , it shouldn't be a R v D thing but it is and every and all restrictions anyone comes up with will end up just that R v D. Lets say you want higher penalties for RR with a gun I will bet a cup of coffee that the NRA will say you're picking on gun owners and fight it. IMO (and only mine) Any RR incident should mandatory loss of license until a Judge settles the dispute in Court and that should include "anger management " counseling.
Old 08-12-2022, 12:05 PM   #232
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
I wish Fox News would expand on that and lay it out without doing a 7 word drive by and not explain exactly how.

I found a good Atlantic article below. Seems not using sentencing enhancement for weapons was one the policy changes. Like the article points out, the success stories of people not getting longer sentences and then not becoming a repeat offender are hard to quantify and dont get spotlighted but stories like the one Fox News is spotlighting get attention.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...ecalls/629701/

-----------------

I personally think sentence enhancement for weapons should be in play but I do worry about the discretionary use by states attorneys. Discretionary use can lead to discrimatory use ... and that is part of the systemic racism.

I do think we need to incarcerate misdemeanors less, have better programs and assistance .. and get away from private for profit jails.

Putting more people behind bars and for longer is not the answer.

24 US States individually led the world/any country in highest incarceration per capita.

That is fucking crazy. And its dominated by southern jail for profit States where it is systemic racism of a pipeline from states attorney to judge to private jailer.

We dont need more people in jail.

we dont need private for profit jails.

-------------

If we imagine every state as an independent nation, as in the graph above, every state appears extreme. 24 states would have the highest incarceration rate in the world — higher even than the United States. Massachusetts, the state with the lowest incarceration rate in the nation, would rank 17th in the world with an incarceration rate higher than Iran, Colombia, and all the founding NATO nations.

In fact, many of the countries that rank alongside the least punitive U.S. states, such as Turkey, Thailand, Rwanda, and Russia, have authoritarian governments or have recently experienced large-scale internal armed conflicts. Others struggle with “violent crime”
on a scale far beyond that in the U.S.: South Africa, Panama, Costa Rica, and Brazil all have murder rates more than double that of the U.S. Yet the U.S., “the land of the free,” tops them all.

https://www.prisonpolicy.org/global/...SAAEgLz1PD_BwE
Putting the right people in jail for longer is the answer. Every day you can read stories of someone that has been arrested 22 previous times that shockingly, yet again commits another crime. We need to stop letting real criminals out of prison before serving the appropriate time.

I'm all for private enterprise over government, when at all possible. But for-profit jails will always be a problem. The people that are involved in illegally using "pipelines" can and should be put in jail with the above mentioned people. Those people must pay the price for their wrongs against others, like any other criminal should. Will not be easy, because the same people that need to be arrested are part of the system involved in arresting people, but it needs to be done.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 12:11 PM   #233
SunnySide
Playmaker

Going down a bit of a rabbit hole.

Learned today that Louissianna, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Georgia, Arkansas, Alabama have the 6 highest incarceration rates anywhere in the world.

States with most murders per capita?

1. Louisiana
2. Alabama
3. Mississippi
4. Missouri

Who knows if theres correlation or causation here ... one thing is clear, southern states like locking people up and have the highest murder rates.

Why are southern rpeubkican states such crimainl infested shit holios? /s for Chico.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/st...-rate-by-state
Old 08-16-2022, 04:52 PM   #234
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://www.yahoo.com/news/cops-susp...214431182.html

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Three children ages 11, 13, and 14 and an 18-year-old beat and robbed a 70-year-old Asian woman last month inside her San Francisco apartment building and two of them have been arrested, police said Monday.

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...nders/3298399/

Girl, 14, Is 2nd Young Person Charged With Murder in Traffic Cone Beating Death

Two girls, aged 13 and 14, are the latest young people to surrender to police in connection to the caught-on-camera deadly beating of a 73-year-old man with a traffic cone in North Philadelphia last month.

Justice reform in action.

Record homicides, record violent crime in democrat run cities, 6,7 years after so called reforms.

I wish the liberals could tell us when those criminal justices reform will work…as we have seen crimes only rise to historic levels.

He Gets Us
Old 08-16-2022, 08:37 PM   #235
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/cops-susp...214431182.html

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Three children ages 11, 13, and 14 and an 18-year-old beat and robbed a 70-year-old Asian woman last month inside her San Francisco apartment building and two of them have been arrested, police said Monday.

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...nders/3298399/

Girl, 14, Is 2nd Young Person Charged With Murder in Traffic Cone Beating Death

Two girls, aged 13 and 14, are the latest young people to surrender to police in connection to the caught-on-camera deadly beating of a 73-year-old man with a traffic cone in North Philadelphia last month.

Justice reform in action.

Record homicides, record violent crime in democrat run cities, 6,7 years after so called reforms.

I wish the liberals could tell us when those criminal justices reform will work…as we have seen crimes only rise to historic levels.
LOL....................
Old 08-17-2022, 04:56 PM   #236
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
LOL....................
Baltimore run for 50 years by democrats, what’s the percentage of violent crime and homicides for Maryland each year. Reforms over and over again…federal tax payer money spent on reforms and the education level over and over.

Never any progress, just a shithole…while they blame everyone else.

They spend more per student than anywhere.

If you look at Pennsylvania and Philadelphia it’s the same thing.

Shitholes.

He Gets Us
Old 08-17-2022, 09:53 PM   #237
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Baltimore run for 50 years by democrats, what’s the percentage of violent crime and homicides for Maryland each year. Reforms over and over again…federal tax payer money spent on reforms and the education level over and over.

Never any progress, just a shithole…while they blame everyone else.

They spend more per student than anywhere.

If you look at Pennsylvania and Philadelphia it’s the same thing.

Shitholes.
Always quick to harp, never quick to offer solutions. What's your master plan for reforming inner cities Chico?
Old 08-18-2022, 02:57 AM   #238
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Always quick to harp, never quick to offer solutions. What's your master plan for reforming inner cities Chico?
chico's answer,more guns
Old 08-18-2022, 10:54 AM   #239
MTK
\m/

So where are all the Republican led cities that have a clean record on crime?
Old 08-18-2022, 11:44 AM   #240
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
So where are all the Republican led cities that have a clean record on crime?
none!

Its a country wide problem not a political.

The part that made me smirk about the Uvalde shooting (which I realize there is really nothing to smirk about); is that it happened down in Big Red Texas where everyone carries their guns to protect themselves yet the same fate occurred that happened in Blue Sandy Hook.

The whole argument of self defense falls on deaf ears to me, you can't defend against a sucker punch.