The hypocrisy of the ________

Debating with the enemy

Old 05-06-2020, 11:15 AM   #226
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Re: The hypocrisy of the ________

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
After reiterating the allegations against Biden, Carlson said, “But there is evidence on the other side as well, and we feel honor-bound to tell you about it. Just last year, Tara Reade told a very different story about what happened with Joe Biden. In 2019, she said he touched her inappropriately on the neck and shoulders. She said not that she was fired for complaining about harassment, much less being penetrated by Joe Biden. She then said she was fired because she refused to serve drinks at an event.”

Carlson then pointed out that Reade was a Bernie Sanders supporter, and questioned the timing and motive behind her allegations against Biden.

There’s the question of Reade’s politics,” Carlson said. “We normally wouldn’t get into that because it’s not germane. But keep in mind this story is unfolding during a presidential campaign. And it’s also playing out against the backdrop of fierce infighting within the Democratic Party.” Carlson later went on to add, “It’s notable that before Joe Biden started beating Bernie Sanders in the primary, Tara Reade wasn’t attacking Joe Biden, instead she had effusively positive things to say about him. In 2017, Tara Reade repeatedly praised Joe Biden for his work against sexual assault.”

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...081305195.html

I think one objective difference is that kavanuagh was going through a SCOTUS vetting process with hearings which allowed a large visible platform for his accusers vs Reid who has only done a handful of interviews and there are no vetting or investigative hearings going on re Biden.

I don’t know where sdskinsfan stands re the Kavanaugh’s accusers but ...
I would imagine any conservative who didn’t believe kavanaughs accuser bc her accusation was decades later or she didn’t know specificities ... then now can’t claim with a straight face the Reid accusation must be taken seriously.

Shouldn’t the conservatives who blank dismissed kavanaughs accuser now must dismiss Biden accuser?

Wouldn’t that be ironic, don’t ya think?
Its not about belief or not. I get absolutely zero benefit/enjoyment out of what Biden is going thru. I wouldn't wish sexual harassment charges on anyone, without proof of guilt. I didn't dismiss Kavanaugh accusers. I also didn't just take the ball and run with it with hearsay evidence. Kavanaugh was guilty immediately. These same people that said believe all women, which means the men they accuse are automatically guilty, are no where to be found with Biden. Do we believe all women or not? If so, then the same way Kavanaugh shouldn't have been confirmed, Biden needs to drop out of the race. Or does the political views of the accused become the determining factor? Sure looks to be the latter.

It's about the assumed guilt 1 person dealt with, vs. the assumed innocence Biden gets. It's not been handled the same same and its clear as day why. Accusations against someone should be handled way closer to how it being handled for Biden, than how it was handled for Kavanaugh, for everyone. But that's not the case.

I think everyone can see the difference. Whether people will admit it or not, thats another conversation.

Last edited by sdskinsfan2001; 05-06-2020 at 11:52 AM.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-06-2020, 11:33 AM   #227
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Ford had zero people who corroborate her account for Kavenaugh who also went through an FBI investigation

That’s the difference with the two allegations...Reade has 6-7 folks as well as her mom calling into to Larry King asking his advice...which is hysterical.

The “me too” back track is hilarious...now instead of “believe all women” aka the slogan repeated by dems and activists against Kavanuagh NOW its, due process and some women lie. The coverage is a farce. There isn’t an argument

In my own heart, I think Ford was lying or misremembering..I think Reade from what I read, I think Joe was being Joe...touchy, feely creep, but I don’t know if I believe all the other stuff. But like I’ve stated, it’s not about whether it happened or not, it’s the utter hypocrisy by the dems, media, and me too movement...there is no argument.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 06:28 PM   #228
SunnySide
Playmaker

Kimmel 100% stepped in it with the intentionally edited pence empty box video. I kinda like pence but his religious ideology seemingly being his political compass holds me back.
Old 06-20-2020, 05:00 PM   #229
SunnySide
Playmaker

Sdskinsfan ... since you asked in the non political WTF thread. Honestly I don’t see the point in pointing out trumps hypocrisies or incompetence to trump supporters because there is no point. No matter what it doesn’t change their opinions. But to feed your “liberals scream at the sky” appetite

Trumps White House hypocrisy in lying or not getting everyone on the same page to lie.

1. WH spokesperson McEnany says Barr ordered the forceful removal of protestors in DC for the church photo shoot.

Barr says he didn’t.

Attorney General William Barr says law enforcement officers were already moving to push back protesters from a park in front of the White House when he arrived there Monday evening, and he says he did not give a command to disperse the crowd, though he supported the decision.

Earlier in the week, White House spokeswoman Kayleigh McEnany told reporters it was Barr who made the decision to push back the security perimeter outside the White House on Monday morning. McEnany said that when Barr arrived at Lafayette Park later that day to survey the security situation, he was surprised to see that action had not yet been taken.

2. Barr puts out press release that the SDNY atty has resigned. (The guy looking into Giuliani)
SDNY says he didn’t and only learned about it when he saw Barr’s press release.
Barr says Trump fires him.
Trump says he did not.

Attorney General William Barr informed the District Attorney for the Southern District of New York (SDNY) Saturday that President Trump has removed him from his post, a day after the federal prosecutor refused to step down.

That's all up to the Attorney General," Trump said when asked about Berman's firing. "Attorney General Barr is working on that. That's his department, not my department."

"We have a very capable Attorney General so that's really up to him," Trump said before leaving for his first rally since March. "I'm not involved."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/wil...eral-prosector

Honestly what’s the point in pointing this stuff out anymore ....
Old 06-20-2020, 05:50 PM   #230
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Sdskinsfan ... since you asked in the non political WTF thread. Honestly I don’t see the point in pointing out trumps hypocrisies or incompetence to trump supporters because there is no point. No matter what it doesn’t change their opinions. But to feed your “liberals scream at the sky” appetite

Trumps White House hypocrisy in lying or not getting everyone on the same page to lie.

1. WH spokesperson McEnany says Barr ordered the forceful removal of protestors in DC for the church photo shoot.

Barr says he didn’t.

Attorney General William Barr says law enforcement officers were already moving to push back protesters from a park in front of the White House when he arrived there Monday evening, and he says he did not give a command to disperse the crowd, though he supported the decision.

Earlier in the week, White House spokeswoman Kayleigh McEnany told reporters it was Barr who made the decision to push back the security perimeter outside the White House on Monday morning. McEnany said that when Barr arrived at Lafayette Park later that day to survey the security situation, he was surprised to see that action had not yet been taken.

2. Barr puts out press release that the SDNY atty has resigned. (The guy looking into Giuliani)
Trump says he did not.

Attorney General William Barr informed the District Attorney for the Southern District of New York (SDNY) Saturday that President Trump has removed him from his post, a day after the federal prosecutor refused to step down.

That's all up to the Attorney General," Trump said when asked about Berman's firing. "Attorney General Barr is working on that. That's his department, not my department."

"We have a very capable Attorney General so that's really up to him," Trump said before leaving for his first rally since March. "I'm not involved."

I added an edit to my WTF post. I was just joking around. In hindsight I shouldn't have posted that there. Sounds like they aren't giving Barr the memos.
Old 06-20-2020, 06:22 PM   #231
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:

Barr says he didn’t.

Trump says he did not.

Barr is what we all thought he was, a trump hack!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mueller-r...143553934.html

Barr had put forward a “distorted” and “misleading” account of the Mueller report findings in a fashion that downplayed the special counsel’s more damaging findings and shaped the public narrative in the president’s favor, Walton wrote.

“These circumstances generally, and Attorney General Barr’s lack of candor specifically, call into question Attorney General Barr’s credibility,” he wrote — and in turn, cast doubt on the department’s statements to him that the redactions were lawful.

After Trump attacked the prosecutors’ recommendation for a stiff prison term on Twitter, Barr intervened and the department asked for a more lenient sentence — an extraordinary reversal that stunned legal experts and department veterans. Four career prosecutors withdrew from the case in protest, and one quit the department entirely.

Stone, who is scheduled to report to the Bureau of Prisons by the end of June to start serving his sentence, has expressed hopes that the president will pardon him.
Old 06-21-2020, 11:55 AM   #232
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
I added an edit to my WTF post. I was just joking around. In hindsight I shouldn't have posted that there. Sounds like they aren't giving Barr the memos.
SD you are cool in my book. Sorry if I sometimes sound like a condescending jerk.
Old 06-21-2020, 12:35 PM   #233
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
SD you are cool in my book. Sorry if I sometimes sound like a condescending jerk.
No worries. Happy Sunday and Father's Day!
Old 06-21-2020, 12:41 PM   #234
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Politics will always be a charged debate. Sometimes it can sound like we don't like each other (all of us, not just me and Sunny).

But I still think that if we all were sitting around with our favorite beers, 99% of us would be good friends, and we would have a blast.
Old 06-22-2020, 07:26 PM   #235
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Lol oh Jimmy Kimmel say it ain’t so...

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...-comic-podcast

He Gets Us
Old 06-22-2020, 08:24 PM   #236
MTK
\m/

Digging deep
Old 06-22-2020, 09:08 PM   #237
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Lol oh Jimmy Kimmel say it ain’t so...
chico , you're sad , very sad.
Old 06-23-2020, 11:58 AM   #238
SunnySide
Playmaker

The hypocrisy of the NYPD Police Union.

Shake Shack story about cops being poisoned was false .. and made up by the NYPD Union.

Officers order shakes through a mobile app, their orders are packaged and ready when they walk in. They say the shakes taste funny, manager apologizes and gives them free vouchers.

But when the officers mention the story to a supervisor,he then immediately makes the Shake Shack a crime scene for investigation, sends the 3 officers to the hospital. The 3 officers were not showing any signs or symptoms.

NYPD tweet that officers were poisoned, throwing up and now there were 6 poisoned.

Investigation and surveillance footage reveals no wrong doing but perhaps the machine wasnt rinsed enough.

Why did the NYPD lie and say officers were throwing up and "expected to recover" when no one was throwing up?

Why did they say it was 6?

Why did the police since delete their tweets?

https://www.businessinsider.com/nypd...ce-word-2020-6

Officers are losing credibility, at least with me.
Old 06-23-2020, 12:01 PM   #239
MTK
\m/

NYPD drives around Harlem with their sirens on at 3am so people can't sleep.
Old 06-23-2020, 01:10 PM   #240
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Digging deep
The hypocrisy is expected. I have a governor who nickname was coonman at VMI and had a picture of him either in a KKK outfit or blackface along with a LT Gov who has accused of rape at duke and sexual assault following a national DNC event... liberals happily give a pass.

Of course the coward Kimmel takes a 2 month break...he knew this was coming out.

I just wonder what minority voters thinks when they keep seeing this continuing to come from the liberal elite? That’s their party? It’s puzzling

He Gets Us