What would it take?

Debating with the enemy

Old 02-01-2017, 07:01 PM   #226
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: What would it take?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I'm basing this off the videos and posts on social media and reddit where green card holders are saying they are being denied entry at the airport in whatever ME country they are stuck in. Haven't seen anything on MSNBC yet about it.
I saw it Sunday on NBC...green cards were all good.

I'm fairly certain the president cannot order green cards to become invalid.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-01-2017, 09:25 PM   #227
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I saw it Sunday on NBC...green cards were all good.

I'm fairly certain the president cannot order green cards to become invalid.
I'm not saying Trump said throw the green card holders in too, idk the person/people responsible for it. I'm just saying that I saw social media/reddit posts from people with green cards and visas saying they were stopped at the airport. Not talking about the guy with the dead mother in Iraq either, I didn't read that story.

Edit: I realized I am getting this wrong, I am getting green card holders and people with visas mixed up. I saw something about green card holders but nothing concrete so I am most likely mistaking them for visa holders that were denied entry onto planes. If you want I will try to find the posts on reddit/social media where visa holders were denied entry.
Old 02-01-2017, 09:38 PM   #228
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
I'm not saying Trump said throw the green card holders in too, idk the person/people responsible for it. I'm just saying that I saw social media/reddit posts from people with green cards and visas saying they were stopped at the airport. Not talking about the guy with the dead mother in Iraq either, I didn't read that story.

Edit: I realized I am getting this wrong, I am getting green card holders and people with visas mixed up. I saw something about green card holders but nothing concrete so I am most likely mistaking them for visa holders that were denied entry onto planes. If you want I will try to find the posts on reddit/social media where visa holders were denied entry.
Well first, this announcement of this whole deal was screwed up and poorly done...that can't be argued. But it's fairly reasonable to think the folks at the airport held some peeps because of bureaucracy bs and confusion. I mean airports today are worst than DMV...so that's not really surprising. The problem is people (pitchfork libs still pissed about the election) take this situation and say " hey the order applies to green card holder....omg the president is keeping green card holders out the country". Now, the irresponsibility of the media is to take this stuff on Reddit and publish it as fact.

He Gets Us
Old 02-02-2017, 07:05 AM   #229
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

One of the first things I learned during this election cycle was that the Democratic Party invented what we right now call "alternative facts".

One of the senior political correspondents wrote yesterday that most of the mess happening in the senate is just a means to try and defy trump, it has nothing to do with voting "right or wrong", but they are just protesting and trying to block his cabinet appointments just to mess with him. He also explained that once you get outside of the crazy liberals, most smart enough people acknowledge that the Democratic Party right now is putting up the final shouts of a dying resistance movement.

Hillary is to blame for much of it. Why would America elect Democratic Leaders again after Hillary's utter and total failure of a presidential campaign? To me the group has been irreparably damaged. Write off this talk of Hillary running again in 2020. No way the DNC puts her out there again
Old 02-02-2017, 08:17 AM   #230
MTK
\m/

lol that's rich after we just saw 8 years of obstructionism towards Obama.
Old 02-02-2017, 09:15 AM   #231
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
One of the first things I learned during this election cycle was that the Democratic Party invented what we right now call "alternative facts".

One of the senior political correspondents wrote yesterday that most of the mess happening in the senate is just a means to try and defy trump, it has nothing to do with voting "right or wrong", but they are just protesting and trying to block his cabinet appointments just to mess with him. He also explained that once you get outside of the crazy liberals, most smart enough people acknowledge that the Democratic Party right now is putting up the final shouts of a dying resistance movement.

Hillary is to blame for much of it. Why would America elect Democratic Leaders again after Hillary's utter and total failure of a presidential campaign? To me the group has been irreparably damaged. Write off this talk of Hillary running again in 2020. No way the DNC puts her out there again

Stick to why Cousins is going to be traded it makes more sense. Lol
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 09:17 AM   #232
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Frederick Douglass is a guy who has been getting more and more attention. I noticed.

Im sorry but if you still have anything good to say about this guy than you are hopeless. You are defending the biggest moron to ever sit in the Oval Office and it is not even close.
Old 02-02-2017, 09:19 AM   #233
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

https://youtu.be/fVZkroLsPwQ
Old 02-02-2017, 09:34 AM   #234
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Frederick Douglass is a guy who has been getting more and more attention. I noticed.

So cringe worthy. So painful.
Old 02-02-2017, 10:11 AM   #235
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
If the administration slips the facts in with a stream of bullshit, why put it on the media? It's ok to assign equal blame. I don't think there's any innocent party in this, from Trump to Congress or the media. Yes the media needs to do better vetting. Yes Trump should stop talking about unimportant shit like crowd sizes, losing the popular vote because of voter fraud (that has not a shred of evidence), etc. Maybe our politicians should work together to make things better for everyone rather than vote on party lines almost every single fucking time. But nah, if they do that then they wouldn't get reelected by the base that elected them in the first time. It's both goddamn sides too, when the dems have the majority it's always about pressing issues that they think are important. No wonder they lost the majority, because they forgot about middle class people just trying to make a living and raise a family, so they could focus on social issues and whatnot. This is why I hate politics, and I hate myself for getting so wrapped up in it. It's just bullshit. I can't name one thing they've done in the last 20 years that has single handedly made a major improvement in my quality of life.
hears another example of the corrupt media: Trump to Mexico: Take care of 'bad hombres' or US might send troops

Take a look at the correction at the bottom: UPDATE: The AP updated its story with a spokesman for Mexico's president saying: "It is absolutely false that the president of the United States threatened to send troops to Mexico."

So you see whats going on? The AP put out a correction, but NBC chose to report the story as fact...before fact checking. interesting huh?

Fact checking in the ethics of journalism is a cornerstone. There is no argument there, it is a guiding principle.

He Gets Us
Old 02-02-2017, 10:13 AM   #236
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
hears another example of the corrupt media: Trump to Mexico: Take care of 'bad hombres' or US might send troops

Take a look at the correction at the bottom: UPDATE: The AP updated its story with a spokesman for Mexico's president saying: "It is absolutely false that the president of the United States threatened to send troops to Mexico."

So you see whats going on? The AP put out a correction, but NBC chose to report the story as fact...before fact checking. interesting huh?

Fact checking in the ethics of journalism is a cornerstone. There is no argument there, it is a guiding principle.

Dude u can put aside all the fake news. There are still literally thousands of real things he has done and said that should be plenty to prove to u that he is a straight cunt.
Old 02-02-2017, 10:20 AM   #237
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

I mean Trumps comments on Frederick Douglass were correct in context

Quote:
I am very proud now that we have a museum on the National Mall where people can learn about Reverend King, so many other things. Frederick Douglass is an example of somebody who’s done an amazing job and is being recognized more and more, I notice -- Harriet Tubman, Rosa Parks, and millions more black Americans who made America what it is today. Big impact.
He is clearly speaking of past heroes of African American culture.

Spicer's response was idiotic and unprepared for a media asking a gotcha type question

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 10:32 AM   #238
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

I guess they are accurate as far as him doing amazing things. An amazing job. Lol.
The point is that if someone had asked him what he did or if he has ever spoken to him Trump would have had to think about it! Lol. Neither him nor Spicer had any idea - he is being recognized more by who? People who have been on the fence about equal rights for blacks??? "I notice ". Wtf does that mean? I hope you "notice ". Lol. You have had since 1895 to do so!
No excuses whatsoever.
Old 02-02-2017, 10:33 AM   #239
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Dude u can put aside all the fake news. There are still literally thousands of real things he has done and said that should be plenty to prove to u that he is a straight cunt.
LOL...WOW. That is all folks.

gotta give that a double.

He Gets Us
Old 02-02-2017, 10:35 AM   #240
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I mean Trumps comments on Frederick Douglass were correct in context

He is clearly speaking of past heroes of African American culture.

Spicer's response was idiotic and unprepared for a media asking a gotcha type question

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Spicer is in way over his head. Dude needs to find another job quick

He Gets Us