Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

Debating with the enemy

Old 02-20-2023, 10:04 AM   #2371
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...ness-rcna71027

Immunity acquired from a Covid infection is as protective as vaccination against severe illness and death, study finds
The immunity generated from an infection was found to be “at least as high, if not higher” than that provided by two doses of an mRNA vaccine.

Rand Paul was always right about this. And clowns said you were an anti vaxer if you said natural immunity was just as good as the vaccine. Come to find out, it’s much better

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-20-2023, 10:11 AM   #2372
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/roa...e-gender-terms

Roald Dahl children's books rewritten to delete references to 'fat' characters, add 'inclusive' gender terms

Wtf…are we serious? Woke idiots are rewriting books? Insane and disturbing

In "James and the Giant Peach," the character of Miss Sponge is no longer described as "the fat one," Miss Spider’s head is not "black" anymore, and the Earthworm has given up its "lovely pink" skin for "lovely smooth skin."

The slippery slope things keep coming true.

He Gets Us
Old 02-20-2023, 10:55 AM   #2373
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...ness-rcna71027

Immunity acquired from a Covid infection is as protective as vaccination against severe illness and death, study finds
The immunity generated from an infection was found to be “at least as high, if not higher” than that provided by two doses of an mRNA vaccine.

Rand Paul was always right about this. And clowns said you were an anti vaxer if you said natural immunity was just as good as the vaccine. Come to find out, it’s much better
Protection up to 10 months, impressive.

Of course no one would say "natural immunization is better than vaccine" bc w natural .. people with enhanced risk factors go to hospital or die. On vaccine, susceptible people dont die or need hospital.

Natural immunity was a lot lower for the omnicron subvariant.

I dont think anyone would say with a straight face that vaccines didnt save half million Americans.

Immunization .. any way achieved is good to have.
Old 02-21-2023, 06:28 AM   #2374
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/roa...e-gender-terms

Roald Dahl children's books rewritten to delete references to 'fat' characters, add 'inclusive' gender terms

Wtf…are we serious? Woke idiots are rewriting books? Insane and disturbing

In "James and the Giant Peach," the character of Miss Sponge is no longer described as "the fat one," Miss Spider’s head is not "black" anymore, and the Earthworm has given up its "lovely pink" skin for "lovely smooth skin."

The slippery slope things keep coming true.
You think it's the woke agenda at play, I think the publisher is using the woke agenda to make money off old books that probably don't sell like they used to.

Regardless we can both agree it's dumb.
Old 02-22-2023, 09:06 AM   #2375
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

3 years late. So we can recap now: schools shutdowns an admitted policy failure, natural immunity was just as good or better than the vaccine, and mask mandates were generally futile.

He Gets Us
Old 02-22-2023, 09:10 AM   #2376
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:

3 years late. So we can recap now: schools shutdowns an admitted policy failure, natural immunity was just as good or better than the vaccine, and mask mandates were generally futile.
No they weren't but anti America folks such as yourself will tear anything down.

How many more people would die while waiting for your "natural immunity"? Keep hating America chico.
Old 02-22-2023, 09:51 AM   #2377
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
No they weren't but anti America folks such as yourself will tear anything down.

How many more people would die while waiting for your "natural immunity"? Keep hating America chico.
G1 is the king of the strawman. And data and facts are now anti American.

He Gets Us
Old 02-22-2023, 09:59 AM   #2378
MTK
\m/

Quote:

Crazy what hindsight shows you right?

So basically we had an imperfect response to a very chaotic situation.

In the future I'd hope we'd err on that same side of caution when dealing with a worldwide pandemic.
Old 02-22-2023, 10:02 AM   #2379
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
G1 is the king of the strawman. And data and facts are now anti American.
Nope, just you.
Old 02-22-2023, 10:13 AM   #2380
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Crazy what hindsight shows you right?

So basically we had an imperfect response to a very chaotic situation.

In the future I'd hope we'd err on that same side of caution when dealing with a worldwide pandemic.
That’s reasonable, people were very scared. But you can’t reject the science you don’t like or censor opinions you don’t like at that time.
Also that gave no reason to harass, fire people, shut down small business, arrest people running on beach, being at city park, etc.

I’ll never understand why folks said it was ok to protest at the time en mass but not attend a funeral. It was the ultimate hypocrisy.

He Gets Us
Old 02-22-2023, 10:44 AM   #2381
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
You think it's the woke agenda at play, I think the publisher is using the woke agenda to make money off old books that probably don't sell like they used to.

Regardless we can both agree it's dumb.

sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2023, 11:05 AM   #2382
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://twitter.com/OzraeliAvi/statu...73663379013638

This guy nails it

He Gets Us
Old 02-22-2023, 11:28 AM   #2383
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:

Mask mandates were futile bc it wouldnt work if half our country pouted like they did when drunk driving was made illegal or when seat belts were mandatory.

School shutdowns absolutely saved lives but the cost to our kids education is real

natural immunity is no where near better than vaccines and you just took any vague credulity you could claim on the first 2 points and throw them out the window

--------

Despite the best efforts from our low education cousins, only 1 million americans died and not 2 million

You dont get to fight every safety precaution then turn around a few years later and waive a "i was right" flag on top of 1 million dead american bodies

such dumb shit ... im dumb for still standing here responding to this Q anon glib BS
Old 02-22-2023, 11:59 AM   #2384
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Mask mandates were futile bc it wouldnt work if half our country pouted like they did when drunk driving was made illegal or when seat belts were mandatory.

School shutdowns absolutely saved lives but the cost to our kids education is real

natural immunity is no where near better than vaccines and you just took any vague credulity you could claim on the first 2 points and throw them out the window

--------

Despite the best efforts from our low education cousins, only 1 million americans died and not 2 million

You dont get to fight every safety precaution then turn around a few years later and waive a "i was right" flag on top of 1 million dead american bodies

such dumb shit ... im dumb for still standing here responding to this Q anon glib BS
Facts, scientific studies and data are now Qanon? I’m sorry this is happening to you but the Lancet is the gold standard for studies and supports natural immunity being just as good and even better than the vaccine. Mask mandates in the strictest states compared with loose restrictions made no difference and another comprehensive worldwide study proved it released in January. School shutdowns were a failure as most agree the risk was very little..1200 kids death out over a million deaths.

Majority of folks dying from Covid today have been vaccinated

Couple of other Covid lies now proven false…if you get vaccinated you can’t spread Covid, This is a pandemic of the unvaccinated

The vaccine saved a lot of lives, I get that and support getting the vaccine for older folks or people with at risk factors and anybody who wants them in general but other strategies weren’t correct, made little difference and polices were unjust.

He Gets Us
Old 02-22-2023, 12:09 PM   #2385
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

The frustrating thing with masks is that our medical professionals have known for decades which masks block the inhalation of coronaviruses and which inhibit the spread. They are two different masks. However, the response was just mask it was very flawed.

In terms of the natural immunity argument I have to disagree Chico, that is not how science works. You can't make a claim that is incapable of being substantiated at the time and hold it up as valid. The beauty of science is that it is skeptical and scientific consensus does change as more data is observed but that doesn't mean we deny the existing data in favor of someone's opinion. At the time there was simply not enough data to suggest natural immunity was effective especially when we were sitting at a 5% mortality rate. I think we should take this data and research as it is. This is good news on many fronts increased immunity, the fact the virus has evolved to be less fatal. These are all good things.