The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

Debating with the enemy

Old 02-09-2023, 02:09 PM   #2341
SunnySide
Playmaker

Re: The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Problem is plenty of people on food stamps also work. Or there's a good reason why they don't work, like they're collecting disability.

Problem also lies with people not earning enough $$ to get off these programs. No reason why someone working full time should also need food stamps, in that case the tax payers are basically subsidizing these employers.
Affordable housing blows my mind. I drive through Silver Spring MD or Baltimore and its just new huge yuppy condo buildings being built 2 to 5 at a time.

Who are all these high end units being built for? I make a bit over 100k and I couldnt afford a 2.5k rent.

Am I a dinosaur? Are like 20 and early 30 somethings making 150k plus working from home, living this new work lifestyle?

I just got the bad luck of being the last passenger to board the departing "work hard, make shit" train that all the generations before me got on ...

Not knowing if I was a few years later in life, this new awesome "work less, pay more" train was going to be pulling into the station?

----

Im depressed today

Advertisements
Old 02-09-2023, 02:22 PM   #2342
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Affordable housing blows my mind. I drive through Silver Spring MD or Baltimore and its just new huge yuppy condo buildings being built 2 to 5 at a time.

Who are all these high end units being built for? I make a bit over 100k and I couldnt afford a 2.5k rent.

Am I a dinosaur? Are like 20 and early 30 somethings making 150k plus working from home, living this new work lifestyle?

I just got the bad luck of being the last passenger to board the departing "work hard, make shit" train that all the generations before me got on ...

Not knowing if I was a few years later in life, this new awesome "work less, pay more" train was going to be pulling into the station?

----

Im depressed today
better...........
Old 02-09-2023, 02:32 PM   #2343
MTK
\m/

Quote:

----

Im depressed today
Yeah good question, I feel like I make pretty decent money and I see listings for places in my area and I can't understand who affords these places. Like 2 bedroom apartments renting for $2k a month? Or a modest 3 bedroom 1200 sq ft house going for $500k. WTF?
Old 02-09-2023, 02:36 PM   #2344
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

I need to get married solely to have duel incomes. Making middle class money by yourself is tough to save up anything significant. Just getting by. Still blessed and fortunate, but it ain't easy. What a catch I will be lol.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 04:10 PM   #2345
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
I need to get married solely to have duel incomes. Making middle class money by yourself is tough to save up anything significant. Just getting by. Still blessed and fortunate, but it ain't easy. What a catch I will be lol.

Life is good

(I also ate .. maybe I wasnt depressed and just hungry?)
Old 02-09-2023, 05:05 PM   #2346
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Life is good

(I also ate .. maybe I wasnt depressed and just hungry?)
LOL, I haven't seen my buddy in a while.

Everything is definitely worse when you're hungry.
Old 02-10-2023, 10:08 AM   #2347
SunnySide
Playmaker

A classified briefing for House lawmakers on the Chinese spy balloon turned tense on Thursday when Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) went after administration officials for waiting days before shooting down the surveillance device.

“I had to wait in line the whole time. I was I think the second to last person, and I chewed them out just like the American people would’ve,” Greene told The Hill. “I tore ‘em to pieces.”

“When she got to ask questions,” the lawmaker recalled, “she was yelling out saying ‘bullshit,’ and, you know, ‘I don’t believe you.’”

“Just screaming and yelling, irrational in my estimation,” the lawmaker added.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/house-bri...210421989.html

You were a part time fitness instructor a few years ago before doing "jewish lasers cause wild fires" podcasts ...

Suddenly shes an expert on spying and hot air balloons.

Nice job .. yelled "bullshit" to the actual smart people
Old 02-10-2023, 10:15 AM   #2348
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

It's amazing how stupid you can look if you have no shame. She's the worst kind of person. She thinks she's smart and everyone else knows she's stupid. But you can't argue w/ someone like her. You just try to avoid them as much as possible.
Old 02-16-2023, 10:45 PM   #2349
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/0...biden-00083355

A hobby group may have the answer to what the U.S. shot down over Canada last week
The FBI has reportedly reached out to an amateur club in Illinois that flies high-altitude balloons

The Northern Illinois Bottlecap Balloon Brigade, in a blog post that was first reported by Aviation Week, says one of its balloons went “missing in action” in the same region the U.S. military shot down

So Joe sent a $400k sidewinder at a ballon launched by the Northern Illinois Bottlecap Balloon Brigade? What fucking embarrassment. Just imagine if Bigly woulda done this? It would be front page on ever paper and 24/7 on all major news channels

What a clown

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2023, 08:51 AM   #2350
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
https://www.politico.com/news/2023/0...biden-00083355

A hobby group may have the answer to what the U.S. shot down over Canada last week
The FBI has reportedly reached out to an amateur club in Illinois that flies high-altitude balloons

The Northern Illinois Bottlecap Balloon Brigade, in a blog post that was first reported by Aviation Week, says one of its balloons went “missing in action” in the same region the U.S. military shot down

So Joe sent a $400k sidewinder at a ballon launched by the Northern Illinois Bottlecap Balloon Brigade? What fucking embarrassment. Just imagine if Bigly woulda done this? It would be front page on ever paper and 24/7 on all major news channels

What a clown
The clown is you, you bitched when he was letting it fly over and now you bitch when they shoot them down. STFU!
Old 02-17-2023, 08:59 AM   #2351
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

The Hot Air Balloon business must be taking a real hit right now.
Old 02-17-2023, 09:06 AM   #2352
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Being conservative you might have a different take than I do on the regulation of this. I find it crazy that people can launch things into flight space where it might interfere with air travel. The FAA doesn't need to give approval for this? People who fly hot air balloons are required to submit their manifests why not people that fly car sized unmanned balloons?
Old 02-17-2023, 09:07 AM   #2353
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
They can’t even discern the Northern Illinois Bottlecap Balloon Brigade with the CCP…so yeah

The Clown Administration

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2023, 09:09 AM   #2354
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
Being conservative you might have a different take than I do on the regulation of this. I find it crazy that people can launch things into flight space where it might interfere with air travel. The FAA doesn't need to give approval for this? People who fly hot air balloons are required to submit their manifests why not people that fly car sized unmanned balloons?
Being that my biggest fear is dying in a plane crash, I don't mind rules for that. In all seriousness, I haven't really thought about it before. I'm indifferent on this subject.
Old 02-17-2023, 09:13 AM   #2355
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post

The Clown Administration