Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

Debating with the enemy

Old 02-09-2023, 11:13 AM   #2326
SunnySide
Playmaker

Re: The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

Fuck the old people who enjoyed prosperous times and home affordability!!

raise the age limit!

Im republican on this .. fuck the old people, I want whats mine!

Advertisements
Old 02-09-2023, 11:36 AM   #2327
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Social Security does face funding challenges. For decades it collected more than it paid out, building a surplus that stood at $2.85 trillion at the end of 2021. But the system is starting to pay out more than it takes in, largely because the retiree population is growing faster than the working population, and living longer. Without changes in how Social Security is financed, the surplus is projected to run out in 2035, according to the latest annual report from the program's trustees.

Even then, Social Security won't be broke. It will still collect tax revenue and pay benefits. But it will only bring in enough to pay 80 percent of scheduled benefits, according to the latest estimate. To avoid that outcome, Congress would need to take steps to shore up Social Security's finances, as it did in 1983, the last time the program nearly depleted its reserves. The steps then included raising the full retirement age (see Myth #2), increasing the payroll tax rate and introducing an income tax on benefits (see Myth #8).

-------------

G .. how da fuq does that make me feel better?

2.85 TRILLION SURPLUS as of 2021 will be wiped out in 14 years?

Only pay 80% of its scheduled benefits?

If that shit is supposed to hit he fan in 2035 .. there wont be shit left over for me in the year 2049 when I (hopefully) turn 70.

Dang it .. its WORSE than I feared.

Am I reading this article wrong?
As A-Rod would say, Relax.

The Gov't would have to go full retard to let the shit hit the fan on SS.

Deadlines spur action. So don't count on any serious reform until they have to.
Old 02-09-2023, 11:43 AM   #2328
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
“I am aware of no unlawful collusion with, or direction from, any government agency or political campaign on how Twitter should have handled the Hunter Biden laptop situation,” James Baker, Twitter’s former deputy counsel, told the committee while under oath.

And Matt Taibbi, one of the journalists Musk handpicked last year to comb through Twitter’s internal messages for evidence of free speech violations, said himself that “there is no evidence — that I’ve seen — of any government involvement in the laptop story.”

---

Pretty straight forward
The gaslighting in the article is what fake news is made of. Darcy is a joke.

Let’s review the facts:

1. Hunter laptop story was NOT Russian disinformation campaign. CNN, NBC, Politico, ABC, NYT, Wa Post all spread misinformation stating it was. Another fake news narrative.
2. Twitter incorrectly censored the NY Post story which was true. Jim Baker, ex FBI top lawyer and Twitter council pushed for the censorship under a incorrect guidelines of hacked info. They never contacted anyone to verify if was hacked material.
3. Roth and Twitter was in regular contact with FBI to remove content they didn’t like…not content that was wrong
4. Roth communicated on “message deleting apps” with the FBI and other intelligence agencies
5. Roth and others shadow banned conservatives and politicians which restrict reach. Twitter under oath previously denied this.
6. Adam schift asked back channel Twitter executives for a journalist to be suspended directly. Democrats had back channel access to Twitter executives
7. Twitter banned the President, while allowing Iran supreme leader to call for the destruction of Israel on Twitter to remain. Other South American and Africa leaders had called for political violence, those accounts remained.
8. There was no major Russian Twitter campaign operations about the elections in 2020 or 2016.

The Twitter Stasi is dead and their bodies were on display yesterday. Those folks looked like an embarrassment

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 11:56 AM   #2329
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
The gaslighting in the article is what fake news is made of. Darcy is a joke.

Let’s review the facts:

1. Hunter laptop story was NOT Russian disinformation campaign. CNN, NBC, Politico, ABC, NYT, Wa Post all spread misinformation stating it was. Another fake news narrative.
2. Twitter incorrectly censored the NY Post story which was true. Jim Baker, ex FBI top lawyer and Twitter council pushed for the censorship under a incorrect guidelines of hacked info. They never contacted anyone to verify if was hacked material.
3. Roth and Twitter was in regular contact with FBI to remove content they didn’t like…not content that was wrong
4. Roth communicated on “message deleting apps” with the FBI and other intelligence agencies
5. Roth and others shadow banned conservatives and politicians which restrict reach. Twitter under oath previously denied this.
6. Adam schift asked back channel Twitter executives for a journalist to be suspended directly. Democrats had back channel access to Twitter executives
7. Twitter banned the President, while allowing Iran supreme leader to call for the destruction of Israel on Twitter to remain. Other South American and Africa leaders had called for political violence, those accounts remained.
8. There was no major Russian Twitter campaign operations about the elections in 2020 or 2016.

The Twitter Stasi is dead and their bodies were on display yesterday. Those folks looked like an embarrassment
Chico .. nobody and I mean nobody gives a shit about twitter, what twitter does, what twitter did. A private company operating on whatever terms they want. No body gives a shit except you, MTG and a few other hold outs.

Majority of Americans are tired of hearing all the whining from the far right MAGAs about "lame stream media is sooo unfair to me, no person has been treated more unfairly by the media then by me in the history of the human race"

cry cry cry whine whine whine .. the far right crying for years about being attacked, targeted, treated unfairly .. suck it buttercups
Old 02-09-2023, 11:59 AM   #2330
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
As A-Rod would say, Relax.

The Gov't would have to go full retard to let the shit hit the fan on SS.

Deadlines spur action. So don't count on any serious reform until they have to.
But the "serious reform" = raising the age limit = fan covered in shit just slinging it around the room like a blender that lost its top
Old 02-09-2023, 11:59 AM   #2331
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Chico .. nobody and I mean nobody gives a shit about twitter, what twitter does, what twitter did. A private company operating on whatever terms they want. No body gives a shit except you, MTG and a few other hold outs.

Majority of Americans are tired of hearing all the whining from the far right MAGAs about "lame stream media is sooo unfair to me, no person has been treated more unfairly by the media then by me in the history of the human race"

cry cry cry whine whine whine .. the far right crying for years about being attacked, targeted, treated unfairly .. suck it buttercups
This

110%

The right doesn't solve any issues or bring any solutions to the table, they just cry and whine
Old 02-09-2023, 12:17 PM   #2332
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Literally y’all whining about the facts and accountability…that makes me giggle.

He Gets Us
Old 02-09-2023, 12:31 PM   #2333
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Social Security does face funding challenges. For decades it collected more than it paid out, building a surplus that stood at $2.85 trillion at the end of 2021. But the system is starting to pay out more than it takes in, largely because the retiree population is growing faster than the working population, and living longer. Without changes in how Social Security is financed, the surplus is projected to run out in 2035, according to the latest annual report from the program's trustees.

Even then, Social Security won't be broke. It will still collect tax revenue and pay benefits. But it will only bring in enough to pay 80 percent of scheduled benefits, according to the latest estimate. To avoid that outcome, Congress would need to take steps to shore up Social Security's finances, as it did in 1983, the last time the program nearly depleted its reserves. The steps then included raising the full retirement age (see Myth #2), increasing the payroll tax rate and introducing an income tax on benefits (see Myth #8).

-------------

G .. how da fuq does that make me feel better?

2.85 TRILLION SURPLUS as of 2021 will be wiped out in 14 years?

Only pay 80% of its scheduled benefits?

If that shit is supposed to hit he fan in 2035 .. there wont be shit left over for me in the year 2049 when I (hopefully) turn 70.

Dang it .. its WORSE than I feared.

Am I reading this article wrong?
I doesn't . I'm old enough to take it but waiting till 70(3 years). It's reality so many lies out there, the facts need to be shown. All joking aside I was young and didn't give a shit and then got older and thought cool it's a retirement supplement. Medicare, everything has gone through the roof. I had a retirement plain but the cost of living over the last 10 years and the Market has killed it.
Old 02-09-2023, 12:44 PM   #2334
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Literally y’all whining about the facts and accountability…that makes me giggle.
Six hour hearings about Twitter and who got their feelings hurt because they said dumb shit and got booted... surely there are more pressing issues facing the country right now. It's all theatrics and bullshit.
Old 02-09-2023, 01:25 PM   #2335
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Six hour hearings about Twitter and who got their feelings hurt because they said dumb shit and got booted... surely there are more pressing issues facing the country right now. It's all theatrics and bullshit.
Documents and evidence were entered into record which showed the government and a private entity working to censor speech That highly illegal. I think it’s good to see this bubbling to the top.

Putin would agree, shadow banning and reducing the reach of political rivals across a large social media app would be great.

Social media, social media influence is one of the biggest issues in the country.

He Gets Us
Old 02-09-2023, 01:39 PM   #2336
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Documents and evidence were entered into record which showed the government and a private entity working to censor speech That highly illegal. I think it’s good to see this bubbling to the top.

Putin would agree, shadow banning and reducing the reach of political rivals across a large social media app would be great.

Social media, social media influence is one of the biggest issues in the country.
LOL tons of evidence and facts and documents entered in the Impeachment hearings also.
Old 02-09-2023, 01:50 PM   #2337
SunnySide
Playmaker

What entitlements (non SS or medicare) can be massaged?

SNAP (food stamps) - floating idea of making it a work requirement if you arent disabled or with young child.

Id be for that .. but how much does that save? A tiny drop in bucket?

Plus 4 of top 5 states w population on food stamps are red:

- New Mexico (whopping 21.49% on food stamps?!)
- Louisiana
- Mississippi
- Oklahoma
- Alabama

-----------------------

Conservatives are going to have a hard time finding things they can cut .. that their own constituents dont rely upon
Old 02-09-2023, 01:55 PM   #2338
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:

What?? Are you serious? .. twitter is your biggest issue? News flash .. being on social media is a choice. I choose to not have twitter, facebook etc.

if you dont like twitter or tik tok .. use your god given american right to not go on twitter.

I just solved the biggest problem in your life.

-----------------
Real actual issues to me?

Border/immigration? yes real issue conseravtives can harp on

Health care? no one wants to touch that

Affordable housing? .. nobody in congress talks about this

Wages increasing w inflation? big issue .. fed workers and contractors get pay bumps all the time to reflect actual inflation .. private sector gets shit on while ocmpanies made B in profits

affordable college/trade schools -- nobody does shit

^^ these are my middle class issues .. and the govt is worried about dick photos on hunters laptop, twitter and what bathroom 0.0009% of our population uses
Old 02-09-2023, 01:58 PM   #2339
MTK
\m/

Problem is plenty of people on food stamps also work. Or there's a good reason why they don't work, like they're collecting disability.

Problem also lies with people not earning enough $$ to get off these programs. No reason why someone working full time should also need food stamps, in that case the tax payers are basically subsidizing these employers.
Old 02-09-2023, 02:07 PM   #2340
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Problem is plenty of people on food stamps also work. Or there's a good reason why they don't work, like they're collecting disability.

Problem also lies with people not earning enough $$ to get off these programs. No reason why someone working full time should also need food stamps, in that case the tax payers are basically subsidizing these employers.
Living wage. Many work , some two Jobs and still can't make rent let alone save for retirement . At $50,000 do you think you can make , rent , utilities and food now a day? You can't. Rent , car payments ,Insurance ,utilities didn't even mention student loans and if you're lucky maybe some roman noodle's at night.