What REALLY grinds your gears?

Parking Lot

Old 06-17-2021, 04:45 PM   #2311
SunnySide
Playmaker

Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Just put on some real pants or shorts when you leave the house. Nothing says I've given up on life like wearing pajamas or sweats. If you're going to the gym with sweats on, ok. But otherwise put on some clothes that show you're an adult with a job and a life and a little self respect.

Am I the only one keeping the dream alive?

Where do you guys hang your "live, laugh love" signs? Next to your fruit dehydrater?
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-18-2021, 12:48 PM   #2312
CrazyCanuck
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Just put on some real pants or shorts when you leave the house. Nothing says I've given up on life like wearing pajamas or sweats. If you're going to the gym with sweats on, ok. But otherwise put on some clothes that show you're an adult with a job and a life and a little self respect.
https://youtu.be/-0Hbu4Z4pGI
CrazyCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 11:16 AM   #2313
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
that is asking alot of some folks.

I saw a lot of sweats and pj bottoms during the storming of the capital.

lol
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 11:25 AM   #2314
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

What REALLY grinds your gears?

Thieves grind my damn gears. So last night, the start of my three day fathers day weekend extravaganza I am doing my due diligence at the vodka distillery downtown. Beautiful night. Maybe the most ideal weather I have ever experienced. It was like summer spring and fall had a mé·nage à trois and created a new season.
Than my wife gets a call from our friend, who had her daughter and my daughter at Target. My daughter is 14, went through the self checkout and put her phone down on the metal tray. She walked away, got about ten steps turned around and it was gone. The people at the register claimed they did not have it and leave. Target calls the police who watch the video and see those people swipe the phone. Wtf are you going to do with a phone? We immediately turned it off. It can not be turned on again or anything completely useless. Deductible is 200, and my daughter will have a phone Monday, if she makes it that long without one. It isn’t the end of the world, It is good that for two days she doesn’t have a phone in her face. But these fuckin scumbags who knew it was a little girl and swiped it. What Assholes.
Waiting to see if the cops can trace it or better yet see who was paying after my daughter and hopefully they used a credit card.

Last edited by punch it in; 06-19-2021 at 02:59 PM.
Old 06-19-2021, 01:53 PM   #2315
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Thieves grind my damn gears. So last night, the start of my three day fathers day weekend extravaganza I am doing my due diligence at the vodka distillery downtown. Beautiful night. Maybe the most ideal weather I have ever experienced. It was like summer soring and fall had a mé·nage à trois and created a new season.
Than my wife gets a call from our friend, who had her daughter and my daughter at Target. My daughter is 14, went through the self checkout and put her phone down on the metal tray. She walked away, got about ten steps turned around and it was gone. The people at the register claimed they did not have it and leave. Target calls the police who watch the video and see those people swipe the phone. Wtf are you going to do with a phone? We immediately turned it off. It can not be turned on again or anything completely useless. Deductible is 200, and my daughter will have a phone Monday, if she makes it that long without one. It isn’t the end of the world, Im like good two days without a phone in her face. But these fuckin scumbags who knew it was a little girl and swiped it. What Assholes.
Waiting to see if the cops can trace it or better yet see who was paying after my daughter and hopefully they used a credit card.
Sorry to hear. Nothing worse than losers like that. And this isn't a first for them. It's a lifestyle choice of theirs.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 02:15 PM   #2316
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Thieves grind my damn gears. So last night, the start of my three day fathers day weekend extravaganza I am doing my due diligence at the vodka distillery downtown. Beautiful night. Maybe the most ideal weather I have ever experienced. It was like summer soring and fall had a mé·nage à trois and created a new season.
Than my wife gets a call from our friend, who had her daughter and my daughter at Target. My daughter is 14, went through the self checkout and put her phone down on the metal tray. She walked away, got about ten steps turned around and it was gone. The people at the register claimed they did not have it and leave. Target calls the police who watch the video and see those people swipe the phone. Wtf are you going to do with a phone? We immediately turned it off. It can not be turned on again or anything completely useless. Deductible is 200, and my daughter will have a phone Monday, if she makes it that long without one. It isn’t the end of the world, Im like good two days without a phone in her face. But these fuckin scumbags who knew it was a little girl and swiped it. What Assholes.
Sorry to hear that Punch but at 14 it's one of those life lessons that hopefully she will remember. reminds me of a time a few years ago when I got a call from my bank. My card had been used on line for a computer that they were picking up at the store. They stopped the sale but the idiots didn't know it...Wal-Mart did. I got the location of the store and called the local Police to let them know. No one would tell me what ever happen ,took my bank 10 working days to get me a new card.
Old 06-19-2021, 03:12 PM   #2317
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Thieves grind my damn gears. So last night, the start of my three day fathers day weekend extravaganza I am doing my due diligence at the vodka distillery downtown. Beautiful night. Maybe the most ideal weather I have ever experienced. It was like summer spring and fall had a mé·nage à trois and created a new season.
Than my wife gets a call from our friend, who had her daughter and my daughter at Target. My daughter is 14, went through the self checkout and put her phone down on the metal tray. She walked away, got about ten steps turned around and it was gone. The people at the register claimed they did not have it and leave. Target calls the police who watch the video and see those people swipe the phone. Wtf are you going to do with a phone? We immediately turned it off. It can not be turned on again or anything completely useless. Deductible is 200, and my daughter will have a phone Monday, if she makes it that long without one. It isn’t the end of the world, It is good that for two days she doesn’t have a phone in her face. But these fuckin scumbags who knew it was a little girl and swiped it. What Assholes.
Was it customers or workers?

Anyway that sucks man…having shit stolen from you sucks. Once in college i had 200 taken out my dorm room. My dorm room was turnstile of whores, stoners and folks who like generally like to party…feels bad when someone breaks that trust

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 03:28 PM   #2318
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post

Anyway that sucks man…having shit stolen from you sucks. Once in college i had 200 taken out my dorm room. My dorm room was turnstile of whores, stoners and folks who like generally like to party…feels bad when someone breaks that trust
"self checkout".......................
Old 06-19-2021, 03:32 PM   #2319
Giantone
Gamebreaker

chico blames Biden in...3,2,1
Old 06-20-2021, 09:48 AM   #2320
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post

Lol
It was customers. If it were workers id have the phone back. Yeah my dorm room was that same exact room Chico but I can live with a stoned whore lifting cash from me. Some lady with her children knowingly taking a childs phone not so much. Anyway thanks for the flashbacks from college life. Oh what a time it was…
Old 06-20-2021, 09:49 AM   #2321
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
"self checkout".......................

Im a big fan of self checkout. I partially blame my kid for walking away after placing her phone down. Her third phone in three years. The other two drowned.
Old 06-20-2021, 01:25 PM   #2322
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Im a big fan of self checkout. I partially blame my kid for walking away after placing her phone down. Her third phone in three years. The other two drowned.
My Grandson is very much the same way, he's fourteen also .He's on # 4 and I know three of his also drowned. God it must be the age!
Old 06-20-2021, 01:28 PM   #2323
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Im a big fan of self checkout.
Not me, I think if I'm helping the Company keeping cost down I.E. less employee benefits I should get a discount.
Old 06-20-2021, 09:57 PM   #2324
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Ouch that sucks punch. Def. sucks that you can't put something down for that short a period of time and it will get swiped. Good learning lesson though.

And thanks for the kind words about the sciatica. Gotta go find me an orthopedist soon and hopefully get on with some physical therapy.

Mred I watched that video you recommended and did the exercises - no joke I literally believe it made it worse lol. The pain in my leg is much more intense since I did that on Thursday. I had a friend send me some more exercises she did to get over her sciatica, so we'll see. But I'm still gonna go see an ortho to see what they say. I'm not opposed to physical therapy just because I did 6 weeks for my fractured wrist earlier this year and it's back to normal now.
Old 06-28-2021, 01:01 AM   #2325
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Think I have a pinched sciatic nerve - gears literally grinded to a halt. The pain in my leg is so intense. I've tried every "home remedy" in the last two months and nothing has worked. Was kinda hoping it would just pass on its own but nope. Even sitting down and my leg and my hip throbs.
You doing any better?
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote