So is your BS bias agenda.

Advertisements
Old 06-08-2020, 11:58 AM   #2267
SunnySide
Playmaker

Re: When is Enough ,Enough?

https://twitter.com/dh_simba7?ref_sr...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Dwayne Haskins twitter.

Active, engaged and positive. I like him.
Old 06-08-2020, 12:16 PM   #2268
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
Worrying about dollars and worrying about peoples lives are not the same. You see a reversal of narrative I see a sticking to the narrative; public health and life are more important.

In terms of data I'm sorry it is just not true here is some peer reviewed papers for you to help you better understand what is going on:

https://www.pnas.org/content/116/34/16793

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/...111/lasr.12366

https://ajph.aphapublications.org/do...PH.2018.304559

There is a significant gap in training in police forces. Especially when it comes to mental health and social emotional disabilities both of which impact African Americans at a higher rate. Going further African Americans males receive longer sentences than white males for the same crime (https://www.ussc.gov/research/resear...ces-sentencing) This leads to likely increases in recidivism leading to increased police interactions.

For the record I am not anti-police as with any profession that vast majority are honest and hardworking people. That does not mean that they handle situations appropriately. We have as a society decided not to fund and properly train our police compared to other developed countries.
I forget what link...but the information about black vs white sentencing is fairly legit from other sources I checked. I’d like to see more information on that to combat it...I would suspect it’s certain areas of the country. I’d like to see data and believe there is opportunity for reforms.

I also did a little digging about the school arrests and transitioning towards prison...there is opportunity there I believe mental health reform early in schools should be a norm as a school nurse. It’s shocking to see arrest figures so high in schools...but equally shocking is the violence against teachers which has steady risen over 15 years..:where gun violence in school has declined.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 12:30 PM   #2269
SunnySide
Playmaker

This didnt seem right so I looked it up to see if it would be accurate for Maryland. Pretty close to accurate.

Maryland barber school - 32 weeks
http://www.academyofbarbers.info/curriculum.html

Baltimore County Police Officer Training - 27 weeks
https://www.baltimorecountymd.gov/Ag...s/academy.html
Old 06-08-2020, 12:51 PM   #2270
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post

This didnt seem right so I looked it up to see if it would be accurate for Maryland. Pretty close to accurate.

The regulations of barber and hairdressers are retarded. It’s been widely criticized but big government loves to big government.

He Gets Us
Old 06-08-2020, 01:09 PM   #2271
SunnySide
Playmaker

You love using that word.

Last edited by SunnySide; 06-08-2020 at 04:38 PM.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 01:30 PM   #2272
MTK
\m/

oops

There’s A Glaring, Misleading Error In The May Jobs Report: U.S. May Be At 20% Unemployment
Old 06-08-2020, 01:58 PM   #2273
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Lol...BLS need to fire someone, I mean 2 months in a row? Not a good look

He Gets Us
Old 06-08-2020, 02:28 PM   #2274
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post

As someone who has personally known plenty of cops, one of them I let him use me as a practice dummy for confrontation training (decades ago). I believe the academy training to be sufficient. What should be added is a yearly extensive psychological evaluation as the job does change people. I would also like to stop the nonsense of being too intelligent disqualifying people to be cops. I believe they should not only allow the highly intelligent in they should enter with a rank.

The resentment from those that "paid their dues" might break up some of this blue brotherhood crap that has to go. I believe any cop caught lying to keep a fellow officer out of trouble or convict a suspect needs to loose his badge and pension. Also interrogation tactics need to change, lying, threatening, and depriving people of food, water, and sleep need to be a thing of the past.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 04:14 PM   #2275
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
As someone who has personally known plenty of cops, one of them I let him use me as a practice dummy for confrontation training (decades ago). I believe the academy training to be sufficient. What should be added is a yearly extensive psychological evaluation as the job does change people. I would also like to stop the nonsense of being too intelligent disqualifying people to be cops. I believe they should not only allow the highly intelligent in they should enter with a rank.

The resentment from those that "paid their dues" might break up some of this blue brotherhood crap that has to go. I believe any cop caught lying to keep a fellow officer out of trouble or convict a suspect needs to loose his badge and pension. Also interrogation tactics need to change, lying, threatening, and depriving people of food, water, and sleep need to be a thing of the past.
There was a Netflix show a while back about those kind of confessions. It's shocking how much the court systems look the other way just so that they can put someone in jail and consider the case closed. It really makes you wonder how many innocent people are in jail.

What do you think the actual correct percentage is for cases that have closed outcomes? I'm going to guess as a layman here and say somewhere around 85 - 90%.
Old 06-08-2020, 04:43 PM   #2276
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
There was a Netflix show a while back about those kind of confessions. It's shocking how much the court systems look the other way just so that they can put someone in jail and consider the case closed. It really makes you wonder how many innocent people are in jail.

What do you think the actual correct percentage is for cases that have closed outcomes? I'm going to guess as a layman here and say somewhere around 85 - 90%.
At least with DNA these days no one will probably go down for a murder or rape they did not commit.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 07:59 PM   #2277
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
At least with DNA these days no one will probably go down for a murder or rape they did not commit.
Was on a rape case last year. DNA is not like CSI Miami, basically it’s not the smoking gun everyone thinks it is.
Old 06-08-2020, 08:08 PM   #2278
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I forget what link...but the information about black vs white sentencing is fairly legit from other sources I checked. I’d like to see more information on that to combat it...I would suspect it’s certain areas of the country. I’d like to see data and believe there is opportunity for reforms.

I also did a little digging about the school arrests and transitioning towards prison...there is opportunity there I believe mental health reform early in schools should be a norm as a school nurse. It’s shocking to see arrest figures so high in schools...but equally shocking is the violence against teachers which has steady risen over 15 years..:where gun violence in school has declined.
You hit the nail on the head on why I am very pro universal pre k. We have seen school districts that implement it see a reduction in costs per a pupil because we can address social emotional and educational needs earlier and therefore spend less on that when students are older. The school arrests stems IMO from lack of training of a lot of school resource officers (SROs) not being trained on student needs and disabilities and only on discipline. Routine disorders like oppositional defiant disorder are easily perceived as non disorder based attitudes by those in authority. I know personally I have lost my shit when I wanted a student to pick up a paper he crumpled and tossed on the floor when I needed to use a more appropriate technique.

In terms of teacher violence that is a hot button issue in my district and we are not getting the support from the superintendent's office. I think a lot of administrations are fearful of disciplining students for extreme behavior because it counts as negative numbers for a school. This leads to that behavior being perceived as acceptable. They are still teenagers after all.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 08:10 PM   #2279
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
The regulations of barber and hairdressers are retarded. It’s been widely criticized but big government loves to big government.
Chico we know you are big government when it comes to hairdressers don't lie.

Chico's government regulations

1. Must be a woman and not those who identify...a real one
2. Must be semi attractive...Or ok looking with a great attitude about life. If your hot and complain, don’t touch fuckin hair.
3. Not married.
4. Must give great hair.
5. Large breasts to nuzzle head in between while receiving haircut
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 10:09 AM   #2280
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://news.wttw.com/2020/06/05/wha...-sorrow-unrest

Just wow, Terrible to hear.

Unbelievable in Chicago...looting and rioting Over the weekend in a perpetual war zone. Don’t expect the media to cover it. One thousand percent not peaceful.

Also: https://chicago.suntimes.com/crime/2...e-police-crime

18 murders in 24 hours: Inside the most violent day in 60 years in Chicago.

When Is Chicago gonna get serious? I find it interesting some in the article are blaming the police...whatever the police do, if they help or actually do their job, then they are the enemy...when they are not there, then it’s “Why aren’t the police doing their job?”...

He Gets Us