Around the NFL Week 8

Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 08:53 AM   #211
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by donofriose View Post
You could say that about every QB ever, including manning Brady and Montana, it's hard to measure Wilson's greatness right now because we don't know what he is asked to do in order to put his team in position to win games.
No you cannot say that about every qb ever. Breeze did not exactly have a great defense in NO either did Peyton. Aaron Rodgers defense in GB has been far from stellar. Those are just three in recent history who put teams on their backs and won super bowls. Passing records and stats do not lie and to this point Wilson has not done anything that makes me believe he would be successful without Lynch, a stellar D, and a significant home field advantage. I think he is a good young qb that plays smart and has some wheels. Lets not put him in the Montana - Manning - Brady conversation just yet though.

Advertisements
Old 10-29-2013, 09:04 AM   #212
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Around the NFL Week 8

I know we are sad about the obvious sophmore slump of RG3 so lets hate on Wilson, Luck and other QBs to make us feel better

He Gets Us
Old 10-29-2013, 09:07 AM   #213
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Yes he's a winner but it's a team game without that D he's not 7-1
Our Defense has been decent outside of the first 2 weeks. Kyle and the offense, Burns and the special teams havent held up their side of the deal.

He Gets Us
Old 10-29-2013, 09:09 AM   #214
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I know we are sad about the obvious sophmore slump of RG3 so lets hate on Wilson, Luck and other QBs to make us feel better

Again I am a fan of Wilson and Luck and I'm not saying they are not better than RG3, I'm js Wilson is not asked to do as much as griffin and certainly not as much as Luck. Think about how good Griff would be with a D that allows you to win games scoring 17 pts?
Old 10-29-2013, 09:13 AM   #215
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Again I am a fan of Wilson and Luck and I'm not saying they are not better than RG3, I'm js Wilson is not asked to do as much as griffin and certainly not as much as Luck. Think about how good Griff would be with a D that allows you to win games scoring 17 pts?
The injury didnt help RG3 development, but lets be honest...he hasnt played well this season. Average. Seattle would probably be a .500 team maybe

He Gets Us
Old 10-29-2013, 09:16 AM   #216
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Well he is better than Shayne Matthews.
Old 10-29-2013, 10:20 AM   #217
CrustyRedskin
Playmaker

Jerrah said Cowboy starting guard Brian Waters is out for the season.

HTTR. You wern't a bunch of losers on 10-27-14.
Old 10-29-2013, 10:28 AM   #218
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

ouch
Old 10-29-2013, 10:57 AM   #219
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Wilson had 138 yards passing tonight. Again give RG3 his defense and he does the same . Wilson never has to win a game.

All the guy does is win...no wait, that is Tebow.

Russell Wilson - all the guy does is wear a jersey!
Old 10-29-2013, 11:07 AM   #220
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Wilson is a solid QB who is supported by a great D. Would he be as successful with the Skins D? Probably not. Everytime I have seen him, he looks like a legit starter in this league. I don't think he has RGIII's or Luck's physical gifts but he's got enough to get it done.

Luck, RGIII and Wilson are all going to be around for a while. Not sure on Kap, but think he will too.
Old 10-29-2013, 11:11 AM   #221
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Big difference between those 2. Seattle doesn't go 7-1 without Wilson, plus he's done it 2 years in a row. A fluke? I think not.
They could be 7-1 with Tavaris Jackson running the show. They're basically the same player in that offense. Jackson came in for garbage time this season and the offense (led by the offensive line and running game) did not lose a step.

Wilson doesn't have to do much.

Put Wilson on our team and he'd be struggling. He's not used to the pressure he'd face and having to put the whole team on his back and win from behind. He usually has under 30 pass attempts and less than 200 yards passing. We complain about Griffin's 9 fumbles this season...Wilson has 8 and all he's asked to do is hand the ball off to Lynch. Wilson has lost 8 fumbles in his career, Griff has lost 5. Even with Robert's horrible INTs this year, he still has one fewer than Wilson since Day 1.

Wilson's numbers are mediocre without having the burden of carrying the offense on his own. If asked to do more, I predict he'd really struggle. Look over his game logs for his career, you'll see about half of his games are in the 40-59% completion range, while only throwing the ball about 2 dozen times a game. 40% one week, 70% the next. He's not consistent. His stats remind me a lot of Jason Campbell when he was here, but Wilson doesn't have the 300-yard games that Jason did.
Old 10-29-2013, 11:13 AM   #222
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Wilson is a solid QB who is supported by a great D. Would he be as successful with the Skins D? Probably not. Everytime I have seen him, he looks like a legit starter in this league. I don't think he has RGIII's or Luck's physical gifts but he's got enough to get it done.

Luck, RGIII and Wilson are all going to be around for a while. Not sure on Kap, but think he will too.
I think Kaep is in the same situation as Wilson, but he's more talented physically than Wilson. His game log is uglier than Wilson's...50% almost every week since his HUGE week 1 game...which looks like a fluke now.

He's also carried by a top defense and run game. This year, he's getting exposed more because they're not as dominant as usual and he is playing from behind some. I bet they're missing Alex Smith.

Neither of these guys belongs in the discussion with Luck or Griffin.
Old 10-29-2013, 11:17 AM   #223
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
They could be 7-1 with Tavaris Jackson running the show. They're basically the same player in that offense. Jackson came in for garbage time this season and the offense (led by the offensive line and running game) did not lose a step.

Wilson doesn't have to do much.

Put Wilson on our team and he'd be struggling. He's not used to the pressure he'd face and having to put the whole team on his back and win from behind. He usually has under 30 pass attempts and less than 200 yards passing. We complain about Griffin's 9 fumbles this season...Wilson has 8 and all he's asked to do is hand the ball off to Lynch. Wilson has lost 8 fumbles in his career, Griff has lost 5. Even with Robert's horrible INTs this year, he still has one fewer than Wilson since Day 1.

Wilson's numbers are mediocre without having the burden of carrying the offense on his own. If asked to do more, I predict he'd really struggle. Look over his game logs for his career, you'll see about half of his games are in the 40-59% completion range, while only throwing the ball about 2 dozen times a game. 40% one week, 70% the next. He's not consistent. His stats remind me a lot of Jason Campbell when he was here, but Wilson doesn't have the 300-yard games that Jason did.

Dude it's a lost argument RG3 sucks and Wilson is way way better.
Old 10-29-2013, 11:21 AM   #224
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Jerry Jones of Dallas Cowboys -- Deion Sanders could have stopped Calvin Johnson of Detroit Lions - ESPN Dallas

I tell ya, last week it was Dez is just as good/better than Megatron, and this week its Deion coulda stopped him. Jerry and the Cowboys are such a joke...this is what they are worried about. SMH...Deion would never stop Megatron

He Gets Us
Old 10-29-2013, 11:25 AM   #225
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Dude it's a lost argument RG3 sucks and Wilson is way way better.
Wow. So convincing.