The hypocrisy of the ________

Debating with the enemy

Old 04-13-2020, 07:19 AM   #211
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: The hypocrisy of the ________

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I've never wished harm or death on a Republican, I also have good friends from both sides of the aisle.

Sorry BB but it's just ridiculous to paint people with a broad brush because you happen to know a few people that think a certain way.

Pretty Funny.................

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzDhm808oU4

Advertisements
Old 05-03-2020, 11:47 PM   #212
Giantone
Gamebreaker

I'll put this one here.......................

Trump Offers Lie After Lie Under Lincoln’s Unblinking Gaze

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-off...022637099.html

Even by President Donald Trump’s historically low standards, the town hall on reopening the nation’s economy featured some astounding falsehoods on Sunday night: that he was never warned about the novel coronavirus until late January; that all 43,000 people who returned to the United States from China after the implementation of his travel ban were tested; that the American people will have a vaccine by Christmas.

But perhaps the biggest demonstrable lie told under the unblinking eyes of Abraham Lincoln was Trump’s repeated insistence that, despite the mounting death toll from the coronavirus pandemic and the collapsing national economy, “it’s all working out.”

“I think it’s all working out. You know, the numbers are heading in the right direction,” Trump said, in response to a question about workers at meat processing plants being forced back on the job despite fears of spreading the virus. “It’s all working out. It’s all working out. It’s horrible that we have to go through it, but it’s all working out.”

“They always said Lincoln, nobody got treated worse than Lincoln,” Trump said. “I believe I am treated worse.”

In the days since Trump meanderingly suggested that Americans might be able to cure themselves of COVID-19 by injecting either sunlight or disinfectant into their bodies, the White House has attempted to shift the focus of its coronavirus response from public health to an economic message.

But as question after question came in from across the country about the specifics of Trump’s response to a pandemic that has effectively shuttered the national economy, Trump primarily responded with boasts about past accomplishments, mini-tirades about past grievances, or generalities about how the nation will “win bigger than we’ve ever won before” once the crisis abates.

“You’re gonna get a job where you’re gonna get more money, frankly,” Trump told a single mom in Alabama who said she was facing eviction and struggled to pay even the smallest bills. “I’ve got a great feel for this stuff.”

he is seriously a buffoon!
Old 05-04-2020, 11:41 AM   #213
MTK
\m/

60,000 dead and he's trying to spin it as a win
Old 05-05-2020, 08:55 AM   #214
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

The responses to Tara reade by Elizabeth Warren and others is laughable. First it was believe all woman...funny how that’s changed. The treatment of Kavenaugh looms large now

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 06:06 PM   #215
SunnySide
Playmaker

After reading up on this, apparently this is the time line.

1993 - she said she was told by someone that Biden wanted her to help serve drinks at a function because he thought she had nice legs. She refused and she claims she was subsequently overlooked for other jobs.

2019 - she says Biden touched her shoulder and neck and it made her feel uncomfortable.

2020 - she says that he pushed her against a wall and put his hands up her skirt.

I’m not making any opinions as to veracity but this is the timeline of the complaints as I understand them from what I have read.
Old 05-05-2020, 08:33 PM   #216
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
The responses to Tara reade by Elizabeth Warren and others is laughable. First it was believe all woman...funny how that’s changed. The treatment of Kavenaugh looms large now
Oh , look , chico disagrees ,..............some one call MSM!!!
Old 05-05-2020, 10:27 PM   #217
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
After reading up on this, apparently this is the time line.

1993 - she said she was told by someone that Biden wanted her to help serve drinks at a function because he thought she had nice legs. She refused and she claims she was subsequently overlooked for other jobs.

2019 - she says Biden touched her shoulder and neck and it made her feel uncomfortable.

2020 - she says that he pushed her against a wall and put his hands up her skirt.

I’m not making any opinions as to veracity but this is the timeline of the complaints as I understand them from what I have read.
Forbes has a timeline now that’s shows the interecpt’s report along with Business Insider report were up to 6-7 people can corroborate reader’s story when it happened then and details.

IM not saying it right or wrong...I don’t know. Just the treatment of the Kavenaugh story where 700 articles were written within the first week with no investigation, no evidence or people who could corroborate...nobody in fact never came forward to corroborate Ford’s account. But the coverage then was a to smear Kavenaugh and to believe all woman without evidence.

We can easily see the coverage now with much more evidence...it’s to dismiss reade and not believe all woman.

He Gets Us

Last edited by Chico23231; 05-06-2020 at 07:47 AM.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 11:50 PM   #218
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

I'm sorry, but if we are not going to admit to the hypocrisy in the way this is being covered and the way Kavanaugh was covered, we might as well just shut down all of the political threads, because there is no point. Admitting the hypocrisy doesn't mean you're admitting Biden is guilty. That's a separate matter, and one I don't care to discuss. Hopefully he gets due process and can clear his name (if he is innocent) and if she's lying she is punished accordingly (although no one seems to get in trouble for lying for some stupid reason). But the coverage and hollywood outrage is night and day.

How it looks from my side (not from people here, from most media coverage): Believe all women no matter what, if the accused is a republican (the accused is automatically guilty). If a democrat, she needs to prove her case, and the accused is innocent until proven guilty (this is how it should be handled, for everyone).
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 11:55 PM   #219
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

I'll see myself back out. I imagine by the time I wake up tomorrow, I'm going to regret saying anything.
Old 05-06-2020, 05:56 AM   #220
Giantone
Gamebreaker

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...s-his-n1131841

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ments-evidence

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politic...trump-recapped

Republicans ignored them all before ,correct?
Old 05-06-2020, 06:19 AM   #221
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

You are literally incapable of having honest dialogue. Anytime someone post something you don't agree with, you ignore that post completely, and post somewhere between 1 and 100 posts about other things, while ignoring the original point. I'm actually dumbfounded you're 50ish+. Grow the fuck up. Also Giants suck!!! I'd wager to bet that even people that are clearly more on the left here just let you be absurd to not have to deal with your non sense.

Even if you argued more on my side I'd trade you immediately for a 7th round flyer. You are either a phony or liar.

Last edited by sdskinsfan2001; 05-06-2020 at 08:08 AM.
Old 05-06-2020, 06:49 AM   #222
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Giantone basically hijacks all Warpath threads that discuss politics. Redskins are the better franchise and obviously have the better fan site. Can't you go ruin their website? Eli must have banhammereed you. Probably talked about the Redskins too much.
Old 05-06-2020, 10:42 AM   #223
SunnySide
Playmaker

After reiterating the allegations against Biden, Carlson said, “But there is evidence on the other side as well, and we feel honor-bound to tell you about it. Just last year, Tara Reade told a very different story about what happened with Joe Biden. In 2019, she said he touched her inappropriately on the neck and shoulders. She said not that she was fired for complaining about harassment, much less being penetrated by Joe Biden. She then said she was fired because she refused to serve drinks at an event.”

Carlson then pointed out that Reade was a Bernie Sanders supporter, and questioned the timing and motive behind her allegations against Biden.

There’s the question of Reade’s politics,” Carlson said. “We normally wouldn’t get into that because it’s not germane. But keep in mind this story is unfolding during a presidential campaign. And it’s also playing out against the backdrop of fierce infighting within the Democratic Party.” Carlson later went on to add, “It’s notable that before Joe Biden started beating Bernie Sanders in the primary, Tara Reade wasn’t attacking Joe Biden, instead she had effusively positive things to say about him. In 2017, Tara Reade repeatedly praised Joe Biden for his work against sexual assault.”

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...081305195.html

I think one objective difference is that kavanuagh was going through a SCOTUS vetting process with hearings which allowed a large visible platform for his accusers vs Reid who has only done a handful of interviews and there are no vetting or investigative hearings going on re Biden.

I don’t know where sdskinsfan stands re the Kavanaugh’s accusers but ... I would imagine any conservative who didn’t believe kavanaughs accuser bc her accusation was decades later or she didn’t know specificities ... then now can’t claim with a straight face the Reid accusation must be taken seriously.

Shouldn’t the conservatives who blank dismissed kavanaughs accuser now must dismiss Biden accuser?

Wouldn’t that be ironic, don’t ya think?
Old 05-06-2020, 10:59 AM   #224
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
.................................................. ............................ I'm actually dumbfounded you're 50ish+. Grow the fuck up. Also Giants suck!!! I'd wager to bet that even people that are clearly more on the left here just let you be absurd to not have to deal with your non sense.
................... you're needed at the drive thru...................
Old 05-06-2020, 11:02 AM   #225
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
I'll see myself back out. I imagine by the time I wake up tomorrow, I'm going to regret saying anything.

.............so are we.