When is Enough ,Enough?

Debating with the enemy

Old 01-03-2018, 01:05 PM   #211
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: When is Enough ,Enough?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I’m so glad Trump has a bigger nuke button than rocket man, I mean seriously WTF
Teddy Roosevelt said it best:

"I have always been fond of the West African proverb: "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."

2018 folks...DT..the very primitive: "my stick is bigger than yours"

Its absurd at the least.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-03-2018, 04:42 PM   #212
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Kim Jong Un made a call over the hotline to make sure it works. Maybe he is feeling a little bit of pressure, even if it isn't "presidential"
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 05:41 PM   #213
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Teddy Roosevelt said it best:

"I have always been fond of the West African proverb: "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."

2018 folks...DT..the very primitive: "my stick is bigger than yours"

Its absurd at the least.
He's got the biggest and best stick, I tell ya what. Kim Jong Un has tiny little baby stick, totally unlike DT's massive stick.
Old 01-03-2018, 06:06 PM   #214
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Kim Jong Un made a call over the hotline to make sure it works. Maybe he is feeling a little bit of pressure, even if it isn't "presidential"
Heard that had to do with trying to get a contingent from North Korea into the winter olympics but you never know in this day an age.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 11:42 AM   #215
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Full disclaimer, I already know these stories can't be verified and may contain some false truths, aka fake news. So I won't discuss that, although I'd love to know if Trump really can't be bothered to read anything.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...EgE?li=BBnb7Kz

My first question is, aren't books like these that offer inside views of the gov't supposed to be vetted by the gov't before they are allowed to be released? I seem to recall that being a big issue with the Seal Team Six guy who wrote a book about his experiences. IIRC the gov't took his profits from the book because he didn't get clearance to release it firsthand. So I gotta wonder, did they get authorization to release this book first? Surely they knew they wouldn't be able to get away with this if they didn't. So now we have a situation where the gov't authorized the release of this book, and Trump doesn't like all the shit talking so he's trying to have it blocked, or whoever wrote this book thought he wouldn't have to get gov't approval to release it, and it's going to get blocked. Either way should be interesting to see what happens.

Secondly, I will admit I think it's kinda hilarious our neurosurgeon-in-chief was able to exactly pinpoint the moment Steve Bannon lost his mind. Who would've thought it was the moment he got fired from the White House? lolol. I'm glad to know when he was recommending Cabinet members and doing everything else to help his campaign, he was totally of a sound mind.
Old 01-10-2018, 10:11 AM   #216
Giantone
Gamebreaker

This is an "OPINION PIECE"The link says The Salt Lake Tribune but the article says the Washington Post............,still seems like a good read to me .

https://www.sltrib.com/opinion/comme...soon-find-out/
Old 01-10-2018, 10:24 AM   #217
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
This is an "OPINION PIECE"The link says The Salt Lake Tribune but the article says the Washington Post............,still seems like a good read to me .

https://www.sltrib.com/opinion/comme...soon-find-out/
I love the headings of articles these days filled with weak language. I've noticed this a ton on CNN.com: "we may soon found out."

And then you click on it and as expected viola, click bait. Wildly speculative and fact-less.

He Gets Us
Old 01-10-2018, 11:15 AM   #218
Giantone
Gamebreaker

I love the fact you bitch about CNN and then can't live without it.
Old 01-10-2018, 11:54 AM   #219
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
I love the fact you bitch about CNN and then can't live without it.
I used to rely on CNN as a prominent source of information...its become the worst news spot on the planet because of the double standard it has demonstrated over the last 6-7 years. Now I look at it for entertainment purposes...its easier than ever to see how irrelevant its become due to the shift towards tabloid.

Well here is some facts for you:

South Korea's Moon Jae-In credits Donald Trump with 'huge' contribution to North Korea talks - CNN

G1, pay heed and give your President some credit. Praise his genius. Trump 1 Rocketman 0

He Gets Us
Old 01-10-2018, 03:32 PM   #220
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I used to rely on CNN as a prominent source of information...its become the worst news spot on the planet because of the double standard it has demonstrated over the last 6-7 years. Now I look at it for entertainment purposes...its easier than ever to see how irrelevant its become due to the shift towards tabloid.

Well here is some facts for you:

South Korea's Moon Jae-In credits Donald Trump with 'huge' contribution to North Korea talks - CNN

G1, pay heed and give your President some credit. Praise his genius. Trump 1 Rocketman 0
LOL, so you want me to be happy that in the battle of two of the worlds's most fucked up leaders .....trump won.
Old 01-10-2018, 04:06 PM   #221
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
LOL, so you want me to be happy that in the battle of two of the worlds's most fucked up leaders .....trump won.
The Olympics won.
After the Olympics things will return to a pissing contest.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 05:53 PM   #222
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...qTo?li=BBnb7Kz

I'm not even surprised Trump referred to countries like Haiti/El Salvador/various African countries as shitholes, nothing he says really surprises me anymore. But in regards to his question as to why only people from shithole countries want to come here, instead of Norwegians, that shouldn't be a tough question to answer. Why would Norwegians want to come here when their quality of life isn't as bad as it is in places like Haiti/Africa?
Old 01-11-2018, 08:07 PM   #223
MTK
\m/

Can’t believe a racist said some racist shit, what a turd this guy is
Old 01-12-2018, 08:38 AM   #224
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...qTo?li=BBnb7Kz

I'm not even surprised Drumpf referred to countries like Haiti/El Salvador/various African countries as shitholes, nothing he says really surprises me anymore. But in regards to his question as to why only people from shithole countries want to come here, instead of Norwegians, that shouldn't be a tough question to answer. Why would Norwegians want to come here when their quality of life isn't as bad as it is in places like Haiti/Africa?
EXACTLY what I thought when I first heard this.

He literally is the fucking worst.
Old 01-12-2018, 11:54 AM   #225
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
EXACTLY what I thought when I first heard this.

He literally is the fucking worst.
I thought u/BadDecisionDino on reddit summed it up pretty well:

Quote:
The most offensive part about Trump's comments today wasn't the word "shithole". It was the word "Why".

“Why are we having all these people from shithole countries come here?”

Do people even really understand what our president is saying?

Look, I'm not angry because he calls places "shitholes". I'm a first generation immigrant. I come from a shithole. I lived 10 years in a shithole. I'll freely call it a shithole. I won't get offended if you call it a shithole! It's a shithole! Happy?

But how DARE he use my origin as an excuse to demand an additional reason to explain my presence here? Why is it up to me (but not say, a white Norwegian) to provide some extra level of justification for why I deserve the chance to be an American?

If these places really are shitholes, shouldn't there be an even greater obligation to help people who come from there, specifically because they're in the most danger?

Apparently not. Because Trump sincerely believes that some people deserve the chance to be Americans, and some people do not deserve the chance to be Americans, and your birthplace (and by extension, your race) is a key deciding factor in whether you deserve the chance to be an American.

Trump is practically saying "America is for white people. The rest are interlopers until proven otherwise. Until someone explains to me WHY they're even allowed here." Let's not forget either, that in this particular situation, he's not even talking about illegal immigrants. He doesn't get to even use that old fig-leaf. He's talking about a reconfiguration of who we even allow the chance to become legal, not based on merit, not based on national security, not based on employability, but specifically targeted against the people he happens to hate.

Let's cut the crap. Deep down, we know damn well that he's not talking about your place of origin. Who do you think Trump is more likely to feel is more deserving citizenship? One of those scary Muslims that are "taking over" Norway, or a white South African? Cuz I got a feeling that when he's looking at those people, the calculus for determining whether their home countries count as "shitholes" suddenly changes.

And yet, the media is taking the bait. Already they rush to obfuscate the issue, to absolve him of the real evil of his comment by focusing on the "inappropriate word" he used.

Already, we're having these dumb conversations like "Well, to be fair, Haiti isn't exactly a nice place to live, he's just saying what everyone thinks privately, and he just chose a colorful word to describe it...", and instead of focusing on the racism, we just go "Oh, but look at the pretty beaches of Haiti! It's not a shithole! Look at the natural beauty and rich culture of-" SHUT THE FUCK UP!

What bearing does that debate have on anything?!? As if Trump's greatest sin is not watching the Travel Channel?

What our president said today isn't just boorish, it isn't just cruel. It betrays a deep and insidious level of racism that can only be described as white supremacy. He is literally throwing a tantrum because the "wrong people" are enjoying the benefit of immigration.

And it is so depressing and so terrifying, that even Trump's opponents - the people who represent the best hope we got to survive this regime - are just gonna waltz past that and chide him for his language.

If I'm the one from the shithole, how come Americans are so stupid that they keep falling for this crap over and over?