Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

2024 Commanders Off-Season Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 03-02-2024, 04:20 PM   #211
That Guy
Living Legend

Re: 2024 Commanders Off-Season Thread

I don't think howell is going anywhere, the indications so far are that they like him. I wouldn't spend the money resigning Brissett; I'm also not sure he'd be interested in competing for #2. Brissett played up to his contract last year, and is a solid backup, but howell is way cheaper and already under contract (and it's not like we're going to the superbowl).
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-02-2024, 04:34 PM   #212
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

I'd definitely keep Howell as a young and affordable backup but I'm not sure how the dynamics would play out if we drafted Maye. Maybe Peters is looking to sell Howell to the highest bidder for a draft pick.

Howell could still be good someday, he just needs to ride the bench for a couple years. Lock himself in the film room and don't come out until he can identify every single defensive look.
Old 03-05-2024, 09:03 AM   #213
rocnrik
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I'd definitely keep Howell as a young and affordable backup but I'm not sure how the dynamics would play out if we drafted Maye. Maybe Peters is looking to sell Howell to the highest bidder for a draft pick.

Howell could still be good someday, he just needs to ride the bench for a couple years. Lock himself in the film room and don't come out until he can identify every single defensive look.
Same can be said for this years QB class ..There is not one QB coming out of this draft that would have had success on last years team ( I think the new regime is starting to realize just how bad this team was coached and especially EB offense.. not saying we shouldn't draft a QB but Sam was never given much chance at long term success.
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 01:04 PM   #214
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Didn't Maye respond to the question about being drafted by us (and sharing the QB room with SH) with something along the lines of 'why would it be a problem?'.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 01:19 PM   #215
EdmundDorf
The Starter

Oh well, onto the next guy....

Quote:
Ian Rapoport
Sources: The #Texans have agreed to terms on a deal to keep TE Dalton Schultz in Houston. He gets a 3-year, $36M new contract with $23.5M fully guaranteed at signing. Schultz is a key weapon for CJ Stroud
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 04:27 PM   #216
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Looks like Kam Curl will be a FA.. honestly not a huge loss. He made very little impact last season. He’s a solid Player but is he worth 15M a yr? No

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-05-2024, 11:12 PM   #217
calia
Playmaker

Cowboys save $3M by picking up Parson’s 5th year option but designating him as a DE. Seems like the kind of thing that might not go over well, although he does seem to be used that way in significant measure.

Old 03-06-2024, 06:57 AM   #218
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Looks like Kam Curl will be a FA.. honestly not a huge loss. He made very little impact last season. He’s a solid Player but is he worth 15M a yr? No

I would bring him back for the right price.

But he posted this on his Twitter yesterday.

Maybe the coaching staff wants more ballhawks in the secondary - in which case he would be gone.

He's a good player, I'm sure someone will make him an offer he likes. I was hoping he'd come back if he didn't find the market to his liking but if the coaching staff is ready to move on so be it.
Old 03-06-2024, 07:04 AM   #219
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Will be interesting to see the contract Kam gets.

He’s a good player but we have more pressing needs than safety

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 08:01 AM   #220
EdmundDorf
The Starter

I think they might be targetting Kearse in FA, the safety from the Cowboys, as that would be the quickest way to get the defense on track. If that is the case then Curl would be surplus to requirements.
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 09:19 AM   #221
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

He's a goodp layer but when has he made any legit big time plays? I can't recall one last yr
Old 03-06-2024, 09:23 AM   #222
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

I was hoping to see what he would do with this staff, but I trust that they will bring in the players they need for the defense they want to run. If he fits the bill, I'm sure they will try to bring him back. If not, or the price is too high - sayonara.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 12:54 PM   #223
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
I was hoping to see what he would do with this staff, but I trust that they will bring in the players they need for the defense they want to run. If he fits the bill, I'm sure they will try to bring him back. If not, or the price is too high - sayonara.
Me too, instead of being asked to play 5 positions, how would he do just playing one? I suspect they looked at the film and decided if he's affordable we'll resign him, but there's nothing he's shown last year that justifies top money, let alone tagging. Just niggles at me thinking are his best years to come and if so, are we throwing out the baby with the bath water. OTOH if they draft a replacement that is just as good if not better, then we've saved some cap space for use elsewhere. Who'd want to be an NFL GM? 🤔😁
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 02:23 PM   #224
SkinsGuru
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonEmouse View Post
Me too, instead of being asked to play 5 positions, how would he do just playing one? I suspect they looked at the film and decided if he's affordable we'll resign him, but there's nothing he's shown last year that justifies top money, let alone tagging. Just niggles at me thinking are his best years to come and if so, are we throwing out the baby with the bath water. OTOH if they draft a replacement that is just as good if not better, then we've saved some cap space for use elsewhere. Who'd want to be an NFL GM? 🤔😁
Me!! Sign me up!! lol . . . I'd could retire off of one year of Peters salary. Wouldn't care if I got fired after year 1.
SkinsGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2024, 08:53 AM   #225
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

“It’s like you went to a new team,” guard Sam Cosmi said. “It’s definitely a breath of fresh air.”

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...season-progra/
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote