Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

2022 Midterms thread

Debating with the enemy

Old 11-16-2022, 08:34 AM   #1
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Re: 2022 Midterms thread

Second, the national debt (adjusted for inflation) increased more rapidly under the past four Republican administrations — at an average annual rate of 10.2 percent during the Reagan administration, 8.2 percent and 5.9 percent during the two Bush administrations, and 6.8 percent during the Trump administration — compared with only 1.6 percent and 4.6 percent during the Clinton and Obama administrations, respectively.
If those four Republican administrations had been as fiscally responsible as their Democratic counterparts, the national debt would be about 70 percent lower than it is, increasing from 31 percent of gross national product in 1981 to 37 percent today — rather than the actual 123 percent for fiscal 2021. For Republicans to oppose raising the debt ceiling, and to frame this hostage-taking as a commitment to fiscal restraint, is the height of hypocrisy when their administrations have been in charge during most of the debt increase of the past 40 years.

Those are facts. But please go on about how Biden could have just waved his magic wand. Lol
punch it in is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 08:51 AM   #2
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Second, the national debt (adjusted for inflation) increased more rapidly under the past four Republican administrations — at an average annual rate of 10.2 percent during the Reagan administration, 8.2 percent and 5.9 percent during the two Bush administrations, and 6.8 percent during the Trump administration — compared with only 1.6 percent and 4.6 percent during the Clinton and Obama administrations, respectively.
If those four Republican administrations had been as fiscally responsible as their Democratic counterparts, the national debt would be about 70 percent lower than it is, increasing from 31 percent of gross national product in 1981 to 37 percent today — rather than the actual 123 percent for fiscal 2021. For Republicans to oppose raising the debt ceiling, and to frame this hostage-taking as a commitment to fiscal restraint, is the height of hypocrisy when their administrations have been in charge during most of the debt increase of the past 40 years.

Those are facts. But please go on about how Biden could have just waved his magic wand. Lol
“Those are the facts”….lol.

The excuse making for this economy ain’t gonna work. It’s completely owned by this administration.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 08:57 AM   #3
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
“Those are the facts”….lol.

The excuse making for this economy ain’t gonna work. It’s completely owned by this administration.

No. It is not. Everyone knew in February of 2020 a recession was possible because of Trumps handling of the economy for four years. There were rumblings of a recession well before that actually. But you and others ignored it because you and others think that our pocket books feel the economy in real time. They don’t. Republican administrations and their fiscal irresponsibility have started the last four recessions. Fact. Than Democratic administrations have to bail them out, and that is not simple to do. Im not going to go back and forth with you because you clearly do not understand how a recession works. It isn’t instant. It takes time for it to come back to us. People were saying this in 2018, 19, and 20. You refused to listen.
Old 11-16-2022, 08:59 AM   #4
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Lol…it’s Trumps fault. Ain’t gonna work.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 09:01 AM   #5
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Not to you but you're ignorant so you wouldn't understand anyway.
Old 11-16-2022, 01:30 PM   #6
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:

Yeah because 2016-2020 decisions made about the deficit and the economy have zero to do with now. As soon as Trump left office the economy doesn’t reset. I feel like im talking to a child.
Old 11-16-2022, 03:53 PM   #7
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Yeah because 2016-2020 decisions made about the deficit and the economy have zero to do with now. As soon as Trump left office the economy doesn’t reset. I feel like im talking to a child.
children are smarter then chico.
Old 11-16-2022, 09:25 AM   #8
nonniey
The Starter

One thing that needs to be illegal when it comes to elections is vote curing. Looks like that is going on in Boebert's district right now. I can't stand her and vote curing could cause her to lose but it is a practice that could undermine the will of the voters. Patty Murray is a Senator because of vote curing. Years ago she was trailing in the vote count and vote curing turned the election for her. They got a list of all the voters with issues and went to each house - and stated they were doing a post election survey. They asked the voters who they had voted for - if they voted for her opponent they thanked them for the info and left, if they voted for Murray they got the voter to the polling station to fix their vote. This occurred weeks after the election. Apparently there were a lot more thank you for your time than there were come with me responses. (So in reality she got fewer votes but won because of this practice).
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 01:33 PM   #9
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

2022 Midterms thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
One thing that needs to be illegal when it comes to elections is vote curing. Looks like that is going on in Boebert's district right now. I can't stand her and vote curing could cause her to lose but it is a practice that could undermine the will of the voters. Patty Murray is a Senator because of vote curing. Years ago she was trailing in the vote count and vote curing turned the election for her. They got a list of all the voters with issues and went to each house - and stated they were doing a post election survey. They asked the voters who they had voted for - if they voted for her opponent they thanked them for the info and left, if they voted for Murray they got the voter to the polling station to fix their vote. This occurred weeks after the election. Apparently there were a lot more thank you for your time than there were come with me responses. (So in reality she got fewer votes but won because of this practice).

Vote curing is “supposed “ to be if a mail in is missing a signature or something the voter has an opportunity to verify his or her identity, come in, and fix their ballot after being verified. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Whatever happened with Patty Murray is certainly not the norm.

Do you have a link about this curing scandal and patty murray?

Last edited by punch it in; 11-16-2022 at 09:06 PM.
Old 11-17-2022, 03:00 PM   #10
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Vote curing is “supposed “ to be if a mail in is missing a signature or something the voter has an opportunity to verify his or her identity, come in, and fix their ballot after being verified. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Whatever happened with Patty Murray is certainly not the norm.

Do you have a link about this curing scandal and patty murray?
Sorry my memory failed me it was the Washington Governor race between Gregoire and Rossi in 2004 not Murray's and technically it wasn't a scandal as the Dem effort in identifying ballots favoring them was legal while the GOP didn't put any extra effort into finding post election ballots that hadn't been counted.

https://www.king5.com/article/news/p...3-aead104d1eea
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 10:21 AM   #11
SunnySide
Playmaker

Generally I think we want as many people who want to vote, to get their vote counted. If there was minor defect that prevented a persons ballot from being counted ... we should want that persons vote counted.

But I could see vote curing being unfair ... if one campaign has means to go door to door and the other doesnt.

Flip side ... Civil Rights Act of 1964 says no vote can be discarded for reasons not material to their voter eligibility.

Republicans in PA and their State conservative Court and then the conservative SCOTUS .. are not counting mail in ballots that dont have hand written dates on the outside of envelopes. Writing a date on an envelope is not part of voter eligibility.

As long as conservatives create more administrative road blocks to discourage people from voting .. then I hope Dems have a strong vote curing game.

-------------

Republicans want and create road blocks to voting.

Maricopa County AZ is big blue county in a red state ... since 2012 and the Shelby decision, AZ has closed 171 voting stations in Maricopa County.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 10:40 AM   #12
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Generally I think we want as many people who want to vote, to get their vote counted. If there was minor defect that prevented a persons ballot from being counted ... we should want that persons vote counted.

But I could see vote curing being unfair ... if one campaign has means to go door to door and the other doesnt.

Flip side ... Civil Rights Act of 1964 says no vote can be discarded for reasons not material to their voter eligibility.

Republicans in PA and their State conservative Court and then the conservative SCOTUS .. are not counting mail in ballots that dont have hand written dates on the outside of envelopes. Writing a date on an envelope is not part of voter eligibility.

As long as conservatives create more administrative road blocks to discourage people from voting .. then I hope Dems have a strong vote curing game.

-------------

Republicans want and create road blocks to voting.

Maricopa County AZ is big blue county in a red state ... since 2012 and the Shelby decision, AZ has closed 171 voting stations in Maricopa County.
Handwritten dates by the people actually voting? That doesn't even make sense. You could just write any date you wanted on there even if you did vote late.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 10:51 AM   #13
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Handwritten dates by the people actually voting? That doesn't even make sense. You could just write any date you wanted on there even if you did vote late.
https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/11/polit...-supreme-court

https://www.npr.org/2022/11/05/11024...ndated-ballots

Not the most interesting reads ...
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2022, 09:59 AM   #14
MTK
\m/

This fucking guy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-17-2022, 10:03 AM   #15
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
This fucking guy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
To be fair lol, I'd rather be a werewolf than a vampire too.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote