When is Enough ,Enough?

Debating with the enemy

Old 06-04-2020, 07:29 AM   #2206
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Re: When is Enough ,Enough?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
It's not that surprising. Shouldn't be too hard to find some middle-America Trump stronghold that still thinks the 'rona is a liberal-Chinese conspiracy. It was easy to see this coming since NC's new Democratic governor didn't wanna play ball.
The virus has all but disappeared on CNN's narrative. The LA mayor basically refused to open anything. Now he's in the middle of the streets w/ thousands of people praying. What a joke.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-04-2020, 07:39 AM   #2207
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
This blame the media stuff is so tired. Sorry, not buying that people fear police only because of the media.
Then what else is it? I can not tell you how many times I've been stopped over the years. Not one time did I ever fear for my life. I know for a fact that if I get stopped today I'm not getting shot or killed.

I got pulled over in Del Mar Ca couple years ago. A black man in a nice car, ran a stop sign. Del Mar is about as white a town as you will find. NO BLACK PEOPLE LIVE THERE. The cop gave me a warning cause I was nice to him. He asked me where I was coming from. Instead of getting smart w/ him I said, " my gf lives here and I'm going to her house after a round of golf" .. he asked me what my handicap was cause he played too.

What happened to Floyd was despicable and it angered me. But when a cop pulls you over, you simply have to put your ego aside and comply. They have the power, you don't.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 08:00 AM   #2208
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
[/B]

Why would you feel bad for someone who obviously married just for money? She knew what kind of guy he was. When they met he was w/ another women and she still gave him her number. lol. Melania knew how to play the game. I have zero sorrow for her ass.

Now she is stuck with his bloated ass for the time being. She was probably thinking he'd be near death right about now. He probably hasn't seen a salad in years. She was thinking by the time I'm 50 he'll die off and I can go spend his money on a boy toy. Instead she's in a job she obviously hates.
Is it no longer PC to refer to a women as a gold digger these days? Obviously Trump breaks all the rules for someone holding high political office. Twice he traded wives in for newer models, it is obvious he views women as mostly sex objects. Any other person striving for or in high office wants to stay married to keep their image, and try to cover up any evidence of womanizing or sexualizing women.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 08:00 AM   #2209
MTK
\m/

James Mattis Denounces President Trump, Describes Him as a Threat to the Constitution
Old 06-04-2020, 08:13 AM   #2210
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Then what else is it? I can not tell you how many times I've been stopped over the years. Not one time did I ever fear for my life. I know for a fact that if I get stopped today I'm not getting shot or killed.

I got pulled over in Del Mar Ca couple years ago. A black man in a nice car, ran a stop sign. Del Mar is about as white a town as you will find. NO BLACK PEOPLE LIVE THERE. The cop gave me a warning cause I was nice to him. He asked me where I was coming from. Instead of getting smart w/ him I said, " my gf lives here and I'm going to her house after a round of golf" .. he asked me what my handicap was cause he played too.

What happened to Floyd was despicable and it angered me. But when a cop pulls you over, you simply have to put your ego aside and comply. They have the power, you don't.
I used to go to Del Mar Race Track a couple times every summer from the late 70's to early 90's. You might find a couple black guys at the track. We would always hit the Fish Market if we won some decent money. Looks like it is still in business. I wonder what the locals think of the place? I wonder if it just attracts race track fans and other tourists, a so called tourist trap.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 08:42 AM   #2211
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
The virus has all but disappeared on CNN's narrative. The LA mayor basically refused to open anything. Now he's in the middle of the streets w/ thousands of people praying. What a joke.
The media is the enemy of the people period. Who needs Russia, when you a media constantly dividing the country with its lying bullshit and bias subjective opinions passed as facts. Suppressing some stories while raising others to build narrative not based in facts and data.

Remember, just a couple weeks so-call media companies attacked Actual peaceful protests for lockdown restrictions. They attacked governors who lifted restrictions in Texas, Florida and Georgia while praising others whose decisions cost people lives. Guess what, Georgia, Florida and Texas were right...check the fucking data. The constantly whining about the beaches open while northern governors forces nursing homes to take folks with the virus.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 08:48 AM   #2212
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
The media is the enemy of the people period. Who needs Russia, when you a media constantly dividing the country with its lying bullshit and bias subjective opinions passed as facts. Suppressing some stories while raising others to build narrative not based in facts and data.

Remember, just a couple weeks so-call media companies attacked Actual peaceful protests for lockdown restrictions. They attacked governors who lifted restrictions in Texas, Florida and Georgia while praising others whose decisions cost people lives. Guess what, Georgia, Florida and Texas were right...check the fucking data. The constantly whining about the beaches open while northern governors forces nursing homes to take folks with the virus.
I don't agree with you on everything Chico, as that is just human nature, but you are 100% spot on with this one.
Old 06-04-2020, 09:16 AM   #2213
MTK
\m/

Quote:
The President is the enemy of the people period. Who needs Russia, when you have a President constantly dividing the country with his lying bullshit and bias subjective opinions passed as facts.
Interesting how this works
Old 06-04-2020, 09:24 AM   #2214
MTK
\m/

Trump Has Flooded DC With Law Enforcement Officers Who Won’t Identify Themselves

a little concerning
Old 06-04-2020, 09:50 AM   #2215
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:

I think that's why we have to have this discussion again. Floyd was in full compliance. He died because a store thought his $20 bill was fake. And as long as these type scenarios keep happening, we are going to have protests (which will eventually be overran by rioters and looters demeaning the cause).
Old 06-04-2020, 09:59 AM   #2216
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Interesting how this works
Any criticism of the President by the press or others is completely fine. That’s not my argument...he’s certainly earned the criticism and how he has handled things from covid to the Floyd murder, I have a lot of issues with.

He Gets Us
Old 06-04-2020, 10:00 AM   #2217
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post

Ok Chico, I'll play your game. The media is enemy #1, not the innocent president. How do you fix it?

In my simple minded view, Congress needs to bring back the Fairness Doctrine, updated for the 21st century of course. Force the news outlets (especially Fox News and CNN) to present both sides of an issue.

BTW I agree, the 'rona is still raging and it's been put on the backburner since Floyd died. But it's easy to see why because people have been protesting police brutality/the system since long before the 'rona came along.
Old 06-04-2020, 10:11 AM   #2218
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Ok Chico, I'll play your game. The media is enemy #1, not the innocent president. How do you fix it?

In my simple minded view, Congress needs to bring back the Fairness Doctrine, updated for the 21st century of course. Force the news outlets (especially Fox News and CNN) to present both sides of an issue.

BTW I agree, the 'rona is still raging and it's been put on the backburner since Floyd died. But it's easy to see why because people have been protesting police brutality/the system since long before the 'rona came along.
Lol you never include MSNBC? They represent viewpoints just fine? 😂

No to any legislation.

Anyone can protest, just don’t bullshit saying one cause is ok and the other isn’t. Feeding kids, paying rent, is important to a lot of folks....just as the police brutality. It’s dishonest how the media picks and chooses who to criticize...don’t feed me bullshit that this is a terrible disease two weeks ago but it’s not now. That’s bullshit and dishonest. There aren’t Rona exceptions

He Gets Us
Old 06-04-2020, 10:15 AM   #2219
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Also one thing i notice that is troubling, is that a large portion of the violent protestors seem to be of the mindset that they wanted everything shut down permanently over coronavirus, they were too afraid to leave their homes because of the fear of death, but then when the George Floyd travesty happened, everyone went outside like it was no problem. All of a sudden coming into contact with people was okay again. Not sure what to make of that.
Old 06-04-2020, 10:17 AM   #2220
MTK
\m/

Front page Rona news for you Chico, hot off the presses

Coronavirus Live Updates: Cases Worldwide Multiply at Fastest Pace Yet