Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-20-2022, 09:07 AM   #2132
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Re: The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
I hope the Senate passes it as well, but they won't due to the fear of the idiotic xenophobic populist wing of the Republican party (MAGA)

In the last three votes they voted for statehood but Congress just wouldn't act. They should be a state already. Americans get so friggen short sited every few generations. If Hawaii and Alaska weren't states already I'm sure there'd be a large element wanting them cut loose right now too.

Land is a finite resource. As bad as Carter was as President the worst thing he did was giving the Panama Canal territory away.
Valid points agree with Panama Canal as well. Imagine if we had some stabilizing presence in Central America right now? Think of how that could influence the border crisis.
Old 12-20-2022, 08:13 PM   #2133
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Fuck all of D.C.

This is the exact bullshit that pisses me off.

And I'm not even talking about what's in the actual bill (which is a whole other conversation) or just blaming democrats (republicans voted for it too).

I'm talking just the sheer size and timeframe. Such bullshit.

Over 4000 pages. I'd vote no automatically based on that alone.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics...-spending-bill

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics...solute-stinker

Last edited by sdskinsfan2001; 12-21-2022 at 12:50 AM.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2022, 08:11 AM   #2134
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics...f-more-1m-jobs

The Philadelphia Fed's report, released last week, week estimated that from March to June of this year, the U.S. added just 10,500 jobs, a glaring difference from the 1,121,500 estimated by the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

You can’t trust anything this administration says or does. Of course this isn’t being covered by the media

He Gets Us
Old 12-21-2022, 08:37 AM   #2135
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Fuck all of D.C.

This is the exact bullshit that pisses me off.

And I'm not even talking about what's in the actual bill (which is a whole other conversation) or just blaming democrats (republicans voted for it too).

I'm talking just the sheer size and timeframe. Such bullshit.

Over 4000 pages. I'd vote no automatically based on that alone.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics...-spending-bill

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics...solute-stinker

It’s another liberal spending package. They don’t understand inflation, proving again the Democratic Party is solely responsible for record inflation, record gas and energy, record rent and record food prices.

“What he's building is a future of stagnation and failure, which is what we'll get over the course of the next decade thanks to this historic spending and regulatory binge”

He Gets Us
Old 12-21-2022, 09:09 AM   #2136
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post

The Philadelphia Fed's report, released last week, week estimated that from March to June of this year, the U.S. added just 10,500 jobs, a glaring difference from the 1,121,500 estimated by the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

You can’t trust anything this administration says or does. Of course this isn’t being covered by the media
chico , you really are stupid, I mean really!

https://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/empsit.pdf

Monthly job growth has averaged 392,000 thus far in 2022, compared with 562,000 per month in 2021. In November, notable job gains occurred in leisure and hospitality, health care, and government. Employment declined in retail trade and in transportation and warehousing. (See table B-1.)Dec 2, 2022

https://www.epi.org/indicators/unemployment/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/qai/202...h=6db41bfb7bf9
Old 12-21-2022, 11:43 AM   #2137
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:

You blamed President Biden for not raising the Fed interest rates .. even though a President has zero control of that, that is solely the Fed Reserve job

Now you blame President Biden for the Bureau of Labor Statistics reports ... even though a President has zero control of that

----------------

You do you, troll with your MAGA logic but fucking A chico .. just one time Id like to see you stop the MAGA liberal tear schtick.
Old 12-21-2022, 11:58 AM   #2138
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
You blamed President Biden for not raising the Fed interest rates .. even though a President has zero control of that, that is solely the Fed Reserve job

Now you blame President Biden for the Bureau of Labor Statistics reports ... even though a President has zero control of that

----------------

You do you, troll with your MAGA logic but fucking A chico .. just one time Id like to see you stop the MAGA liberal tear schtick.
Biden lied about inflation, his secretary first lied and apologized for inflation…his Biden stimulus bill is widely regarded as the most foolish and unwise economic spending bill of the last 50 years.

His regulatory initiatives, energy policies, spending policies and his administration unwillingness to confront inflation is why we are in a recession and facing stagflation.

Now he lied about employment numbers…he’s a buffoon, a liar and responsible for this economic mess.

Keep crying he has no control, it sounds foolish and ignorant at this point. You guys never take any fucking responsibility. It’s solely on the democrats and their policies

He Gets Us
Old 12-21-2022, 12:20 PM   #2139
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Keep crying he has no control, it sounds foolish and ignorant at this point. You guys never take any fucking responsibility. It’s solely on the democrats and their policies

he has a lot of control on a lot of things ... just not raising interest rates or what job reports say.

Come on chico, these are easy clear objective facts. Why die on this hill and call me foolish and ignorant? I mean, I am foolish and ignorant but not here in this singular regard

lol yesh man .. moving on
Old 12-21-2022, 12:30 PM   #2140
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Bro, you know it’s not all about interest rates, I guess that’s why you keep hounding on it because it thinks it gives out. Regulatory, federal spending are a massive portion inflation. And you know the Treasury department (Biden run) works alongside with the Fed in tackling economic headwinds. So keep thinking Biden administration has nothing to do with rates, they are certainly a strong voice in advising the board.

This is solely a Biden and democrat trash economy they are responsible for…recession is here and stagflation is coming

He Gets Us
Old 12-21-2022, 12:43 PM   #2141
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Bro, you know it’s not all about interest rates, I guess that’s why you keep hounding on it because it thinks it gives out. Regulatory, federal spending are a massive portion inflation. And you know the Treasury department (Biden run) works alongside with the Fed in tackling economic headwinds. So keep thinking Biden administration has nothing to do with rates, they are certainly a strong voice in advising the board.

This is solely a Biden and democrat trash economy they are responsible for…recession is here and stagflation is coming

Real political talk ... this inflation/recession thing is complicated. Smart people articles say its dumb to spend, smart people articles say the last water downed bill didnt work enough and at most was neutral bc it didnt spend enough

1. We SHOULD be able to agree that there is global inflation
2. US inflation eased a bit in October
3. Costs of goods are still inching up

Solutions? Nothing good, just hang on, try to massage the economy and wait a few years for things to settle back to normal .. assuming we dont have another global catastrophe waiting for us in 2023

I dont pretend to understand this stuff ... just lurking waiting to pick up some good stocks on the dip.
Old 12-21-2022, 01:19 PM   #2142
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Biden lied about inflation, his secretary first lied and apologized for inflation…his Biden stimulus bill is widely regarded as the most foolish and unwise economic spending bill of the last 50 years.

His regulatory initiatives, energy policies, spending policies and his administration unwillingness to confront inflation is why we are in a recession and facing stagflation.

Now he lied about employment numbers…he’s a buffoon, a liar and responsible for this economic mess.

Actually he didn't but go on with you trumpette lies, it's everyone else right chico?
Old 12-21-2022, 08:52 PM   #2143
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2022, 10:15 PM   #2144
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Yup typical Dem.

“I can’t defend the position I put the American public in”

He Gets Us
Old 12-22-2022, 11:12 AM   #2145
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:

chico , you really are stupid.It's why your the joke of the forum.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/a-...?siteid=yhoof2

The Philadelphia Fed last week said that only 10,500 net new jobs were added between March and June, compared with the 1.05 million reported in the nonfarm-payrolls reports.

In the two previous quarters that the Philadelphia Fed has examined, however, it didn’t find a big disparity. In the first quarter, the Philly Fed estimated 1.7 million were jobs were created, compared with the 1.62 million tabulated by the BLS, and, in the fourth quarter of 2021, the Philadelphia Fed estimated 2.02 million jobs were created, compared with the BLS figure of 1.91 million.

Economists at First Trust led by Brian Wesbury point out that the Philadelphia Fed model is new. “Given that the Philadelphia Fed just started publishing results from its own internal model, meaning there isn’t much of a track record to go on, we’d say it’s probably right to take this report with a grain of salt. Theoretically, everything about this model might be sound, but even sound models often clash with reality. For example, the ADP model has never lived up to its hype,” the First Trust economists say.

In particular, the First Trust team say what could be the issue is that seasonality is not fully accounted for in the new model.

And in fact, the household report — the part of the jobs report used to calculate the unemployment rate — says that employment fell by 347,000 in the second quarter.

“Given the divergence between data from the household and establishment surveys in 2022 we wouldn’t be surprised at all by downward revisions to the employment data when they are released in March of 2023. But we will definitely take the over on 10,500 jobs added in [the second quarter],” they say.