Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

What REALLY grinds your gears?

Parking Lot

Old 12-27-2019, 11:37 AM   #2101
SunnySide
Playmaker

Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

Boss doesnt drink coffee.

Boss decides we have too many coffee cups in kitchen so he throws away half the coffee cups. I asked him why he threw away all the good coffee cups (the newer larger 16 oz ones) and left the old dirty 10-12 oz ones.

He said bc those were the ones at the front of the cabinet.
Co-worker tells him that bc those are the ones we use.

Now I am walking around the office with the coffee right at the brim of my mug spilling on my hand and floor. And these mugs are old as hell. All dusty and perma-stained.

I think he was pissed bc very few people showed up to work on Christmas Eve.

Advertisements
Old 12-29-2019, 08:39 PM   #2102
kct1975
The Starter

Having the FLU...so I got a Flu Shot about a month ago, but appeartently I got a Flu Shot that only protected me from the 'B Strain' of the Flu and not the 'A Strain' of the Flu. So I got sick in Christmas Eve and felt like crap on Christmas Day, but I made it to Church as all of the Chirstmas celebrations . I was finally able to make it to the doctor yesterday, and I was diagnosed with the 'A Strain of the Flu'. So now I am on Tamiflu, I am stuck not being able to leave the Condo Unit, and my wife has been forced to stay with her parents, since the doctor does not want me to be around anyone. Having the Flu REALLY Sux!

Sent from my Dell Chromebook 11 (3180) using Tapatalk
Old 12-29-2019, 09:06 PM   #2103
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by kct1975 View Post
Having the FLU...so I got a Flu Shot about a month ago, but appeartently I got a Flu Shot that only protected me from the 'B Strain' of the Flu and not the 'A Strain' of the Flu. So I got sick in Christmas Eve and felt like crap on Christmas Day, but I made it to Church as all of the Chirstmas celebrations . I was finally able to make it to the doctor yesterday, and I was diagnosed with the 'A Strain of the Flu'. So now I am on Tamiflu, I am stuck not being able to leave the Condo Unit, and my wife has been forced to stay with her parents, since the doctor does not want me to be around anyone. Having the Flu REALLY Sux!

Sent from my Dell Chromebook 11 (3180) using Tapatalk
People really aren't aware about the different strains of the flu. The vaccines available in your area are distributed based on which strain they think will be most prevalent in the region for the year. It's why they're not 100% effective. I had the same problem last year, got a flu shot, then got the flu like 2mo later. It'll pass. Hope you feel better soon.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 11:31 AM   #2104
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

These fucking Peloton commercials. I can’t escape this shit...tv and radio. The thing that annoys the fuck out of me are these fake motivation cliches quote within the spots.

Fuck your stationary bikes and your motivation quotes.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 09:44 AM   #2105
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
These fucking Peloton commercials. I can’t escape this shit...tv and radio. The thing that annoys the fuck out of me are these fake motivation cliches quote within the spots.

Does no one understand its just a exercise bike with a flay screen bolted to it?
Old 01-02-2020, 01:33 PM   #2106
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post

Must be your selection of what you watch and listen to dictating those ads. When I heard about the controversy surrounding those ads I had to Google and watch one on You Tube to see what everyone is talking about. I had never seen nor heard of one.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 02:35 PM   #2107
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
Must be your selection of what you watch and listen to dictating those ads. When I heard about the controversy surrounding those ads I had to Google and watch one on You Tube to see what everyone is talking about. I had never seen nor heard of one.
You are in the minority, those ads are everywhere.
Old 01-02-2020, 02:37 PM   #2108
MTK
\m/

Watch TV for about 5 minutes and there will be a Peloton commercial
Old 01-02-2020, 02:51 PM   #2109
SunnySide
Playmaker

Did this Peloton social media backlash hurt or help Peloton? I read their stock went down but not sure if it was related.

Any advertisement is good advertisement. As long as they are talking about you.
Old 01-02-2020, 03:28 PM   #2110
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Did this Peloton social media backlash hurt or help Peloton? I read their stock went down but not sure if it was related.

Any advertisement is good advertisement. As long as they are talking about you.
I think that may only be true with celebrities not goods for sale.

Gerber wouldn't be excited about a bunch of press that their baby food had glass in it, though Paris Hilton would be excited everyone was talking about her latest sex tape.
Old 01-02-2020, 04:26 PM   #2111
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
I think it helped. It got people not interested in their product to view the commercial.

Just heard a Peloton ad on theTeam980. can't get away from these people.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 09:21 AM   #2112
SunnySide
Playmaker

Grocery store meat departments.

This is a national problem, not just a local one.

Two fold.

I went to Giant last night to get 1 lb of ground beef as my taco dinner kit instructed me to.

1. why the fuck is there never just 1 lb ground beef packages? Why are they always 1.34 or 1.27 lbs? I dont think i have ever had or tasted my tacos as Old El Paso wants me to. That extra .34 of ground beef most assuredly dillutes the taco seasoning that was intended for 1 lb only. No wonder my tacos taste meaty vs taco-y. This just isnt me being nit picky. Ive heard many of people complain about this.

2. Every package was exactly weighed out to 1.34 lbs. Like 8 of em. Im calling bull shit. So youre telling me that your butcher guy has this magical ability to exactly weigh the same ground beef every single time. Like every single time he goes to separate a pound or so of ground beef he always magically nails 1.34 lbs?

Or, alternatively, he doesnt want to have input the numbers for each individual label for each individual weigh and says fuck it, Ill just make all the labels 1.34 lbs.

Fuck it indeed. Who needs flavorful tacos as they are intended or to not be ripped off for paying for 1.34 lbs of ground beef when really you probably got like 1.23 lbs. Fuck it.
Old 01-16-2020, 11:23 AM   #2113
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:

Two fold.

I went to Giant last night to get 1 lb of ground beef as my taco dinner kit instructed me to.

1. why the fuck is there never just 1 lb ground beef packages? Why are they always 1.34 or 1.27 lbs? I dont think i have ever had or tasted my tacos as Old El Paso wants me to. That extra .34 of ground beef most assuredly dillutes the taco seasoning that was intended for 1 lb only. No wonder my tacos taste meaty vs taco-y. This just isnt me being nit picky. Ive heard many of people complain about this.

2. Every package was exactly weighed out to 1.34 lbs. Like 8 of em. Im calling bull shit. So youre telling me that your butcher guy has this magical ability to exactly weigh the same ground beef every single time. Like every single time he goes to separate a pound or so of ground beef he always magically nails 1.34 lbs?

Or, alternatively, he doesnt want to have input the numbers for each individual label for each individual weigh and says fuck it, Ill just make all the labels 1.34 lbs.

Fuck it indeed. Who needs flavorful tacos as they are intended or to not be ripped off for paying for 1.34 lbs of ground beef when really you probably got like 1.23 lbs. Fuck it.

Vegan here. Crumble which is a plant based alternative is an awesome ground beef replacement for chili tacos etc. looks tastes just like ground beef but zero grease. That is my vegan post for the year. Thanks for listening. Lol
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 12:11 PM   #2114
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Ten thousand spoons when all you need is a knife.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 12:32 PM   #2115
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:

Two fold.

Why sell you a pound when they get a extra .34lbs of your money. Its a scam.