Election Day Thread - Nov. 3, 2020

Debating with the enemy

Old 11-05-2020, 09:11 AM   #196
MTK
\m/

Re: Election Day Thread - Nov. 3, 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
I am surprised when I see the 67 million support his rhetoric. To me it show me just how out of place I am in the United States.
I'm more surprised anyone actually voted for Kanye

Advertisements
Old 11-05-2020, 09:16 AM   #197
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Let's not act like Trump is normal.

That made me laugh, glad I was muted on this work call. Well said

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 09:29 AM   #198
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
We know Biden will file lawsuits if states go against him...it’s par for the course

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/5...-election-week

Let’s not act like this isn’t normal
Directly from your link:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico's article
the goal here is to count every single vote, and we have a whole team leading up to this."

Bustos said Democrats have already dedicated $10 million this cycle to "litigation efforts" and are prepared to spend more post-election if the need arises.

"We will use every legal means necessary to make sure that we count every vote," she said.
That's the difference between Dems and Republicans, Biden supports every legal vote being counted, and Trump is pushing hard to stop counting mailed in ballots that were legally cast.
Old 11-05-2020, 09:34 AM   #199
MTK
\m/

He just tweeted stop the count.

FFS.

He's pathetic.
Old 11-05-2020, 09:58 AM   #200
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Directly from your link:

That's the difference between Dems and Republicans, Biden supports every legal vote being counted, and Trump is pushing hard to stop counting mailed in ballots that were legally cast.
Yes...every LEGAL vote. Legal is key here and if votes aren’t legal, then that’s the problem. Interesting you don’t think proper oversight is needed to ensure this solemn right is protected.

I keep coming back to “if you commit a crime you should go to jail”...well we have laws which govern this great nation. I don’t here agreement on the other side for some strange reason

He Gets Us
Old 11-05-2020, 10:05 AM   #201
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Yes...every LEGAL vote. Legal is key here and if votes aren’t legal, then that’s the problem. Interesting you don’t think proper oversight is needed to ensure this solemn right is protected.

I keep coming back to “if you commit a crime you should go to jail”...well we have laws which govern this great nation. I don’t here agreement on the other side for some strange reason
This is where it gets real nitpicky, because no doubt you are on the side that says if you didn't do it in front of a witness, or didn't follow all of the exact instructions to a T then the vote should be invalid. Whereas I disagree, minor clerical errors should not stop a vote from being counted. I trust the USPS system to make sure every ballot sent before or on election day was postmarked appropriately. I am fine with not counting ballots sent after election day.

I also trust given that we've had fair and free elections for 200 years that oversight has always been there so that citizens had confidence in the system. It's only a problem this year because POTUS is scared of losing.
Old 11-05-2020, 10:07 AM   #202
SunnySide
Playmaker

Why hasnt Nevada updated their vote count? And it seems PA didnt update as well.

Biden won Michigan 2,787,000 to trumps 2,637,000 .. well outside of any recount (99% reporting)

Biden won Wisconsin 1,630,000 to Trumps 1,610,000 (99% reporting). I believe that is less than 1% so trump can ask for a recount, but since it is not within .25% he would have to pay for it.
https://www.foxnews.com/elections/20...tate/wisconsin

Just waiting on drama queen Nevada and billionaire trump donor Sheldon Adelson to finish their count.

Nevada was supposed to drop 2 new voting totals yesterday at 9:30 pm est and then I think 11:30 est .. but they didnt.

Biden is only leading in Nevada 588k to Trumps 580k ... but Clark County only has 72% reporting and Biden is leading that district 422k to Trumps 362k. Most other counties also are only reporting about 72% reported which is odd bc those counties are so small compared to Clark County so why the hold up in counties with 30-40k votes total?

Biden's lead in Nevada should only increase ... unless Sheldon Adelson gets involved.
Old 11-05-2020, 10:14 AM   #203
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:

"observe" is the term that people are having differing opinions on. I heard Trumps team (in that odd Guiliani press conf yesterday) say they were able to observe from a distance but werent able to see the specifics of each ballot and confirm names and signatures etc.

Thats more than "observe" in my opinion. Observe in this sense means being in the corner, out of the way, observing the process but not being a part of the process. Observe doesnt mean your people get access to each individual vote so you can vet and test every ballot for name and matching signatures etc. Trumps team basically wants access to each vote so they can do their own count.
Old 11-05-2020, 10:29 AM   #204
SunnySide
Playmaker

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump’s campaign planned to make a announcement in Las Vegas on Thursday at 11:30 ET (1630 GMT) on what is expected to be a lawsuit challenging the vote in Nevada.
https://www.reuters.com/article/usa-...-idUSKBN27L1XB

I believe he will allege out-of-state voters voted in Nevada.

ya know .. like he and Melania voted in Florida claiming Florida residential status bc of Mar a Lago .. even though its listed as a commercial address and you cant claim a commercial property as residential for voting status purposes. I dont know why everyone gives him a pass for this. I must be missing something.
Old 11-05-2020, 10:36 AM   #205
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
"observe" is the term that people are having differing opinions on. I heard Trumps team (in that odd Guiliani press conf yesterday) say they were able to observe from a distance but werent able to see the specifics of each ballot and confirm names and signatures etc.

Thats more than "observe" in my opinion. Observe in this sense means being in the corner, out of the way, observing the process but not being a part of the process. Observe doesnt mean your people get access to each individual vote so you can vet and test every ballot for name and matching signatures etc. Trumps team basically wants access to each vote so they can do their own count.
Sure, that’s what courts are for.

Acting like Biden wouldn’t want this if shoe was on other foot is dishonest and not surprising

He Gets Us
Old 11-05-2020, 10:37 AM   #206
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump’s campaign planned to make a announcement in Las Vegas on Thursday at 11:30 ET (1630 GMT) on what is expected to be a lawsuit challenging the vote in Nevada.
https://www.reuters.com/article/usa-...-idUSKBN27L1XB

I believe he will allege out-of-state voters voted in Nevada.

ya know .. like he and Melania voted in Florida claiming Florida residential status bc of Mar a Lago .. even though its listed as a commercial address and you cant claim a commercial property as residential for voting status purposes. I dont know why everyone gives him a pass for this. I must be missing something.
It's because he's POTUS and POTUS is above the law. We let it go because we're not nitpicky assholes hellbent on maintaining power.
Old 11-05-2020, 10:40 AM   #207
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Sue all 50 states. Fuck it. And review all votes for Biden. Fuck it.

Sadly, we all knew this was coming.

I have no problem asking for a recount if you're within the legal requirements in that state. But all these lawsuits are absurd. Do they have any actual reports of fraudulent votes? Or is it all technicalities? Can't have fake ballots or people voting more than once. But if the ballots were in the mail by the 3rd they were in the mail.

Trump could have actually got credit from Democrats if he took the loss like a man and made the transition process smooth.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 10:41 AM   #208
MTK
\m/

Hillary could have kicked and screamed and demanded recounts and dropped lawsuits in 2016 but she didn't. To assume that Biden would be acting the same way that Trump is now is ridiculous. Trump is a sore loser with the emphasis on loser.
Old 11-05-2020, 10:50 AM   #209
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:

Acting like Biden wouldn’t want this if shoe was on other foot is dishonest and not surprising
chico , you're acting like trump now. Take some pride in yourself and just stop.
Old 11-05-2020, 10:59 AM   #210
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:

"thats what courts are for" -- my understanding is that the US Constitution gives power to establish state election laws to each States legislature. There is no inherent constitutional federal right for a political party to have partisan observers. I have learned that there are non-partisan Federal observers and then there are the partisan campaign observers, which is what trump is talking about here.

I do not think trumps campaign can federally challenge a States local decisions on the scope of partisan observers ability to observe.

To do so, the SCOTUS would most likely go well beyond the strict construction of the US Constitution. thankfully we have "originalists" on the Court and Im sure they would never flip flop on their strict construction originialist approach to favor one political party over another. (sarcasm .. they will and they do much like Scalia did)

If PA election laws say partisan observers must be 100 feet away from vote counting (or whatever PA says) .. then the partisan observers must follow that State law.

Federal Court has no say so in that.

Dont get this confused with the prior other challenges in PA regarding whether ballots mailed but not received until after Election day should count. in this case I believe a Federal challenge is warranted and most likely successful bc in this case it was the PA governor and not the PA state legislature that changed the state election law. that would fall within the US Constitution province since it would violate the federal law that says only state LEGISLATURES can make state election law. (unless there is some PA legislation that gives the PA Gov powers to change election laws during a declaration of emergency - covid - but I havent read or heard that)

Laws are usually onions with layers to peel.
----------------

regardless .. we stop counting now, Biden wins Nevada, Wisconsin and Michigan and is the next POTUS. Whatever happens in PA is moot.