Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

Media Bias

Debating with the enemy

Old 10-10-2017, 07:45 PM   #196
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: Media Bias

Can you clarify on this "liberal media" thing Chico? Because these allegations are front page news now, on every outlet.

I agree with you, it's pretty despicable that Hollywood supported him over the years even though they had to know about the allegations. But it's also fairly easy to see why women waited until now to speak up, clearly they were in danger of being blacklisted if they tried to put it in public. Makes sense for people like Paltrow/Jolie to speak up now that they have established reputations.

And I agree about people like Roman Polaski, Woody Allen, etc. how people continue to ignore the widespread allegations because of their industry cred is beyond me.

Like I was telling my coworker, am I going to stop watching movies produced by The Weinstein Co. because Harvey is clearly a shithead? No, for the same reason I continue to buy Nestle products despite their rep as a company that places profit over everything, including people's lives.

Advertisements
Old 10-10-2017, 08:26 PM   #197
MTK
\m/

Just locker room stuff folks, nothing to see here
Old 10-10-2017, 08:30 PM   #198
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
No excuse from liberal media such as snl to go silent about rape and sexual assault. Clearly hypocritical. Pathetic.

So let’s talk about the long line of hypocritical liberal Hollywood elites raping women: Weinstein, Cosby, Polanski, Woody Allen, etc. What’s even more is the pathetic responses by Hollywood elites who let this happen for years and didn’t do shit. This enables this type of behavior.

I don’t want to hear these fucks tell the rest of the country how to live. How about fuck you...why didn’t they call the police?
Not like they are telling reporters they can grab women by the "pussy" now is it?

Did you watch any of the late night shows,any of them?

Late night TV lets loose on Harvey Weinstein - Oct. 10, 2017
Old 10-10-2017, 08:36 PM   #199
Giantone
Gamebreaker

So the media stories about "the casting couch's" have everyone upset but trump being a asswipe....people accept and doesn't bother them,I don't get it explain it to me!
Old 10-10-2017, 09:40 PM   #200
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
So the media stories about "the casting couch's" have everyone upset but trump being a asswipe....people accept and doesn't bother them,I don't get it explain it to me!
It's simple, the POTUS doesn't have nearly the clout of Hollywood, which means his behavior is far more tolerable than theirs.
Old 10-11-2017, 11:31 AM   #201
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Can you clarify on this "liberal media" thing Chico? Because these allegations are front page news now, on every outlet.

I agree with you, it's pretty despicable that Hollywood supported him over the years even though they had to know about the allegations. But it's also fairly easy to see why women waited until now to speak up, clearly they were in danger of being blacklisted if they tried to put it in public. Makes sense for people like Paltrow/Jolie to speak up now that they have established reputations.

And I agree about people like Roman Polaski, Woody Allen, etc. how people continue to ignore the widespread allegations because of their industry cred is beyond me.

Like I was telling my coworker, am I going to stop watching movies produced by The Weinstein Co. because Harvey is clearly a shithead? No, for the same reason I continue to buy Nestle products despite their rep as a company that places profit over everything, including people's lives.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...=.75317b1e055d
Did the media help Harvey Weinstein lure his prey and smear his accusers?

liberal media gave him a pass for 15+ years...liberal Hollywood gave him a pass for 15+.....now, Im now gonna explain the interest..its fairly obvious.

Its also clearly obvious both of these institutions are inherently liberal. Hollywood and the Media.

And its clear neither of these institution hold no moral weight in telling the American people how to live and how to think. Its clear.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 02:27 PM   #202
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...=.75317b1e055d
Did the media help Harvey Weinstein lure his prey and smear his accusers?

liberal media gave him a pass for 15+ years...liberal Hollywood gave him a pass for 15+.....now, Im now gonna explain the interest..its fairly obvious.

Its also clearly obvious both of these institutions are inherently liberal. Hollywood and the Media.

And its clear neither of these institution hold no moral weight in telling the American people how to live and how to think. Its clear.
Do you really think he needed the media to lure his victims? Pretty sure they were lured by his status as the head of one of the most powerful companies in Hollywood, and the knowledge that working with him could elevate their careers like few others could. If you're a young actor trying to find work in Hollywood, of course you'd take the call, or arrange the face to face meeting. Unless you knew other insiders how would you know his reputation for sexually harassing young talent?

Also why do you feel the need to blame the entire media for the journalists he had on his payroll, the ones that he used to discredit victims when they tried to speak out? There's no evidence he had the entire media willing to put out smear campaigns whenever he needed it. Did he have more than a few? Yes, probably. But like everything else you think a select few represents the industry as a whole.

Also, finally, the only reason I watch movies are the same reason I watch sports, it's distracting entertainment that takes me away from reality for a little bit at a time. Anybody who takes cues on how to live and think from a for-profit business probably needs to get a grip. It's just like your President fooling you into thinking he's not using his position for personal gain, trying to eliminate the estate tax, or going to his golf courses every weekend so the gov't has to pay his company every time they're there. You're a hypocrite just like the rest of them Chico. You pick and choose what to be angry about, and you ignore the obvious that everyone else can see.
Old 10-11-2017, 03:10 PM   #203
btfoom
Camp Scrub

Quote:
I don't agree that it's a liberal media thing, I mean MSNBC has had several Weinstein stories on the front page. But late night tv ignoring it definitely looks bad, and it seems like the only reason he got fired is because everyone else at The Weinstein Co. wants to avoid the backlash, not because they care about the allegations. If a stink hadn't been raised he'd probably still be employed today.

I can see why late night is avoiding the story, it's because they probably know him personally and don't want to pile on. I doubt they didn't know about the allegations beforehand, everybody has a rep. Clearly they are trying to avoid getting involved with the situation.

Edit: This is literally the lead story on MSN right now, idk how you can call it a liberal bias Chico:
Harvey Weinstein Scandal: Bombshell New Yorker Piece Alleges Mogul Raped Women
First, the story has become so big that it HAS to be covered. Notice they waited almost a week to say anything. Also, there is nowhere the coverage of this story by MSN as after the Trump tape came to light.

Yes, there is a very big main-stream-media liberal bias. When CNN/MSNBC/MSN etc take the LEAD on a story like this, we can talk.
btfoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 04:08 PM   #204
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Do you really think he needed the media to lure his victims? Pretty sure they were lured by his status as the head of one of the most powerful companies in Hollywood, and the knowledge that working with him could elevate their careers like few others could. If you're a young actor trying to find work in Hollywood, of course you'd take the call, or arrange the face to face meeting. Unless you knew other insiders how would you know his reputation for sexually harassing young talent?

Also why do you feel the need to blame the entire media for the journalists he had on his payroll, the ones that he used to discredit victims when they tried to speak out? There's no evidence he had the entire media willing to put out smear campaigns whenever he needed it. Did he have more than a few? Yes, probably. But like everything else you think a select few represents the industry as a whole.

Also, finally, the only reason I watch movies are the same reason I watch sports, it's distracting entertainment that takes me away from reality for a little bit at a time. Anybody who takes cues on how to live and think from a for-profit business probably needs to get a grip. It's just like your President fooling you into thinking he's not using his position for personal gain, trying to eliminate the estate tax, or going to his golf courses every weekend so the gov't has to pay his company every time they're there. You're a hypocrite just like the rest of them Chico. You pick and choose what to be angry about, and you ignore the obvious that everyone else can see.
Well said ,I agree.
Old 10-11-2017, 04:29 PM   #205
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:

Nope. Im willing to think about both sides and make a decision. I just think its fraudulent that the media is willing to bend its own established ethics in order to take a side. They shouldn't be taking sides period. They shouldn't be presenting opinion as facts. This isn't right.

People are tired of it....that's part of the reason we got Trump. Its true, it was a backlash.

He Gets Us
Old 10-11-2017, 04:39 PM   #206
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Well said ,I agree.
shockingly

He Gets Us
Old 10-11-2017, 04:42 PM   #207
MTK
\m/

I’m more disgusted by those that let this go on as long as it did. That’s the real story. Blaming the media for everything is getting tired.
Old 10-11-2017, 05:32 PM   #208
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Nope. Im willing to think about both sides and make a decision. I just think its fraudulent that the media is willing to bend its own established ethics in order to take a side. They shouldn't be taking sides period. They shouldn't be presenting opinion as facts. This isn't right.

People are tired of it....that's part of the reason we got Trump. Its true, it was a backlash.
When that decision points to the same culprit every time it starts becoming hard to believe. Is it true that Harvey probably had people in the media that he paid to put out smear campaigns? Obviously. Are they the same enablers, like his secretary, that allowed the behavior to continue over the years? Yes. Does he also have other enablers that stood by and did nothing? Yes. Does that mean those that were silenced for fear of having their careers and reputations ruined are guilty of enabling it? No. Is that representative of the industry as a whole? No. Quit being lazy and spreading the blame to the entire industries of Hollywood and the media, and do the legwork to pinpoint the people who helped him along the way.
Old 10-12-2017, 05:37 AM   #209
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I’m more disgusted by those that let this go on as long as it did. That’s the real story. Blaming the media for everything is getting tired.

................but it's an easy out.

People blame the Media for what,does anyone over the age of twenty really not know about the casting couch stories in Hollywood?This has been going on as long as there were movies being made.So now we have a "New Cliche" the "Liberal Media or for the super lazy the MSM".

Tell me , Producers didn't know, Directors didn't know,Writers didn't know.......other actors didn't know?

Last edited by Giantone; 10-12-2017 at 06:00 AM.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 07:58 AM   #210
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I hear you but dealing with a bully especially one with as power as him, man it takes some strength.

In my neighborhood over the past year we had a adult bully. His son would also bully the other children. He would attack certain people and charm others he built quit a web. Even when folks would raise the red flag others would come to his aid or his web of lies would distort the truth. It took neighborhood meetings, video taping his behavior, protective orders, court appearances, police, etc...to final get him out of our neighborhood.

He is a 40 year old sociopath bully who has never had a job and basically is enabled by his mom and wife. He was 200 pounds of pure muscle and his hobby was BJJ. He go around threatening women, children, and other guys. He was very calculated in how he did it so it was extremely hard to get the police to do anything or other folks in the neighborhood to believe you.

At one point he is going around telling everyone he is being bullied by neighborhood. It was just so frustrating for all that were involved. They finally after being ostracized by the entire neighborhood they moved in June. He was also abusing his family as well, which is super frustrating was his wife was just as much of the problem as him; most likely out of fear for her well being but she would cut your throat to save him no doubt.

My point being is any bully situation especially this one is very complex. After going through my situation I can see how folks can be manipulated and/or simply not see the whole story. When folks in my neighborhood would be on the bully side I would say they are under his spell. Even at one point I was good friends with him but I was under the spell.