Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

Ukraine mega thread

Debating with the enemy

Old 08-05-2014, 07:03 PM   #196
HailGreen28
Playmaker

Re: Hey there's about to be a war in Ukraine.

Rebel fighter speaks out against east Ukraine separatist leaders

Rebel fighter speaks out against east Ukraine separatist leaders - Reuters, by Maria Tsvetkova

"DONETSK Ukraine (Reuters) - A 37-year-old rebel fighter in eastern Ukraine is speaking out against the separatist leadership, accusing them of adopting flashy lifestyles and pushing locals aside in a rebellion that has largely been taken over by Russians."

"Three top leaders of the rebellion now - Aleksander Borodai, Igor Girkin also known as Strelkov, and Vladimir Antyufeyev - are Russian. Kiev says another prominent and feared field commander, Igor Bezler, is a Russian intelligence operative."
HailGreen28 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-15-2014, 12:10 PM   #197
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Any thoughts:

Quote:
By Reuters4:32PM BST 15 Aug 2014
Ukrainian artillery destroyed a "significant" part of a Russian armoured column that crossed into Ukraine during the night, President Petro Poroshenko told British Prime Minister David Cameron on Friday, according to the presidential website.

"The president informed that the given information was trustworthy and confirmed because the majority of the machines had been eliminated by Ukrainian artillery at night," the statement said.

Poroshenko did not include any proof for his statement.

Separately, a Ukrainian military spokesman said Ukrainian forces had tracked the Russian armoured column as soon as it crossed onto Ukrainian soil.

"Appropriate actions were undertaken and a part of it no longer exists," military spokesman Andriy Lysenko told journalists.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 01:46 AM   #198
HailGreen28
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Any thoughts:
With the Russians already firing artillery at Ukrainian forces for weeks, their involvement is beyond doubt.

Obama administration: Russia firing artillery at Ukraine military targets | Fox News

Pity Ukraine. At least this should drive Eastern Europe further away from Russia.
HailGreen28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 11:13 AM   #199
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Pretty amazing coincidence that Ukraine had the rebels backed up in Donetsk and Luhansk, seemed to be losing rebel support, then the aid convoy came and now Ukraine forces are losing the battles. There must have been a lot of Popeye's spinach in those crates!
Old 08-28-2014, 11:34 AM   #200
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

and then there is this from a Russian Times correspondent, which is about as official as it will get:

PaulaSlier_RT ‏@PaulaSlier_RT 2h

Thousands of #Russian soldiers are participating in the attack on eastern #Ukraine.
Old 08-28-2014, 11:37 AM   #201
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Well, then there is this:

Quote:
U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Geoffrey Pyatt also said Thursday that Russian soldiers were directly involved in the fighting, alongside the pro-Russia rebels.

"Russian-supplied tanks, armored vehicles, artillery and multiple rocket launchers have been insufficient to defeat Ukraine's armed forces, so now an increasing number of Russian troops are intervening directly in the fighting on Ukrainian territory," he said on Twitter.

"Russia has also sent its newest air defense systems including the SA-22 into eastern Ukraine and is now directly involved in the fighting."
U.S. official says 1,000 Russian troops enter Ukraine - CNN.com

It's a brave new world folks and we had better get our priorities figured out ASAP.
Old 08-28-2014, 12:28 PM   #202
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Like Paul Ryan said, "The vacuum is created and is going to be filled by those who do not share our interests. And that, ultimately, makes America less prosperous and less secure. And I think that is why we're seeing the foreign policy crises pop up around the world."

Read more: Paul Ryan On Hillary Clinton, Obama Foreign Policy - Business Insider

Paul Ryan On Hillary Clinton, Obama Foreign Policy - Business Insider

Damn shame these guys lost the election

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 03:29 PM   #203
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Well, then there is this:

U.S. official says 1,000 Russian troops enter Ukraine - CNN.com

It's a brave new world folks and we had better get our priorities figured out ASAP.
Over Ukraine? Did Bush do anything when they rolled into Georgia? Nope. We don't give a fuck because their isn't any natural resources involved. Same way we aren't doing shit in North Korea or South Africa.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 12:26 PM   #204
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Really ought to change the thread title to:

Hey There is a war between Ukraine and Russia - LOOK a Squirrel

There have been prisoner exchanges, tanks and battallions on both sides (I count pro Russia as Russian at this point) and 2- 300 combatants dying every day or two.
Old 08-31-2014, 12:39 PM   #205
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Russian Times correspondent @PaulaSlier_RT The "Novorossiya Army" claims self-defense fighters have destroyed two #Ukrainian #tanks and two armored personnel carriers.

Heavy Russian slant but on the ground live tweets in Donetsk takes serious guts.
Old 09-01-2014, 07:54 AM   #206
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Slier: #Russia plans to conduct observation flight over #Germany.
Old 09-05-2014, 10:19 AM   #207
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

I hope this is good news.

Ukraine's president confirms signing of ceasefire deal

What would everyone here consider the right outcome/ realistic outcome?

I would hope most everyone would agree the right outcome should be the full restoration of Ukraine sovereignty including Crimea. But some might add monitored referendums to allow for joining with Russia or more regional federalism under a loose Ukraine flag.

As for realistic, sadly I think Russia will create a client state stretching from Odessa, through Crimea and up to the Donetsk Luhansk region. Pretty chilling for Ukraine's economy as they lose all access to the Black Sea.
Old 09-05-2014, 12:55 PM   #208
donofriose
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Over Ukraine? Did Bush do anything when they rolled into Georgia? Nope. We don't give a fuck because their isn't any natural resources involved. Same way we aren't doing shit in North Korea or South Africa.
War is simple, rich men sending young poor people to die for their money and land. The trick is convincing your population that the war is a good idea.

To me that sums up pretty much every war in human history.
donofriose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 05:40 PM   #209
tshile
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I hope this is good news.

Ukraine's president confirms signing of ceasefire deal

What would everyone here consider the right outcome/ realistic outcome?

I would hope most everyone would agree the right outcome should be the full restoration of Ukraine sovereignty including Crimea. But some might add monitored referendums to allow for joining with Russia or more regional federalism under a loose Ukraine flag.

As for realistic, sadly I think Russia will create a client state stretching from Odessa, through Crimea and up to the Donetsk Luhansk region. Pretty chilling for Ukraine's economy as they lose all access to the Black Sea.
the right outcome in my opinion is that Ukrain figure out what its own people what to do. If there are parts that have different plans then they should consider breaking the country up accordingly.

what I think the wrong outcome will be is any outcome forced by the US or Russia.

unfortunately, if i was a betting man and the wage was available in Vegas I'd fly out there tonight and put everything I own on the latter happening.
tshile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 06:51 PM   #210
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Boris Nemtsov, outspoken Putin critic, shot dead in Moscow - CNN.com

Man, shit is cray cray over in Russia

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote