Debating with the enemy

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 04:59 PM   #196
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
But see this is my point... I haven't seen the proof that Zimmerman did anything but follow Martin around. I will tell you, I have done that too in my neighborhood.

The individuals I have followed have, on occasion, asked why I was following them. In those cases I have told them - I don't recognize them and I saw them looking in my neighbors cars and testing doors. I also tell them I have called the police and take their photo. Am I "harrasing" them? Am I "messing with them"? If one of them chooses to assault me or grab my phone is it my fault?

At some point, either Zimmerman or Martin started the verbal confrontation which apparently escalated. You assume it Zimmerman b/c he had a gun and was part of a neighborhood watch. Fair enough. You don't want to change your mind? Fine, not asking you to do so.

Just asking you to open it.
I gotcha, I keep an open mind too. But just do me that solid and wear your hoodie to court or your office this friday. We doing that here.

He Gets Us

Advertisements
Old 03-28-2012, 05:10 PM   #197
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

I wear my hoodie all the time friend. A black one with the 70th anniversary "Redskins" logo emblazoned across the front.
Old 03-28-2012, 06:32 PM   #198
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
Trust me, I am conscience of that. I have only done this in broad daylight when I know other neighbors are around. I purposely speak very loud, keep my distance, make it clear I am unarmed and am as polite as I can be. I also don't follow guys (yes, it's always guys doing this) wearing clothing that could easily conceal a gun. If someone reaches for something, I am jumping behind the nearest parked car.

At the same time, it's my neighborhood. I will not simply go into hiding and hope others will protect us - that's not the man I am nor the man I want my son to grow into.
best comment of the thread imo. if zimmerman would have done any of the things you listed out in your post i would imagine that martin would be alive, and they both would have walked away unscathed. it's things like this that should be drilled into everyone of these retards who think they need to walk around with a gun strapped to their side. instead they take a 2 hour course and are on their way.

it really is scary to think where the majority of our society is headed, common ****ing sense went out the window a long time ago. it's always nice to know there are some people out there that are doing it right, or at least trying to, and i thank you for that.

ST21
Old 03-28-2012, 06:58 PM   #199
jdlea
Playmaker

Quote:
It really doesn't matter if it's a child, teenager or senile 80 year old - use whatever emotionally charged adjective you wish. Ultimately, for deadly force to be allowed, you have to be in reasonable fear of your life. I agree that it would take a lot of extrinsic evidence to show that an 8 year old attacked you and put you in reasonable fear of your life - that would be a hard sell under the best of circumstance. Regardless, if he/she did, then you (in Florida and I would assume elsewhere) can use deadly force.

As witnessed by the neighbor, Martin had Zimmerman on his back and was beating him and attempting to create serious head trauma. Zimmerman had injuries consistent with such a beating. If Zimmerman did something first that left Trayvon no choice but to resort to physical violence (pull the gun out, maybe even flash it and say "I can't wait for you to turn around"), then Martin is the wronged party and murder is the appropriate charge. That may well have been what happened BUT - and I'll say this yet again - THERE IS NO PROOF THAT THIS HAPPENED.

Otherwise, you don't like me "harrassing" you, you don't like me following you on a public street? Tough shit. If we are in public, and I don't touch or threaten you with imminent physical harm, you aren't allowed to use violence first. This is what Zimmerman alleged happened and - here it is again - THERE IS NO PROOF TO CONTRADICT HIS ALLEGATION.

There is no proof one way or the other of the ultimate determinative fact. It is simply conjecture based on your perceptions of the two parties (Kid, thug, vigilante, family man), the known facts and the disputed facts.

but whatever ... popular opinion and lynchmobs can never be wrong.
I see the point you're making. However, I feel the need to point out that there could at least be a little more dispute about the facts of the case had one of the two parties not committed homicide.

I mean, it sure would be easier to prove that Trayvon threw the first punch if he were around to admit that he did, wouldn't it?
Old 03-28-2012, 07:27 PM   #200
JoeRedskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlea View Post
I see the point you're making. However, I feel the need to point out that there could at least be a little more dispute about the facts of the case had one of the two parties not committed homicide.

I mean, it sure would be easier to prove that Trayvon threw the first punch if he were around to admit that he did, wouldn't it?
Maybe. Or, maybe it's simply a case of two guys saying "He punched me first".

It's a tragedy, plain and simple. Sometimes tragedies occur and their is no good resolution, no story book ending. Sometimes bad things happen and, after all the durm and strang, all your left with is the bad thing. It sucks but it's reality.

Seek truth, accept that you will not always find it.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:58 PM   #201
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Trust me, I am conscience of that. I have only done this in broad daylight when I know other neighbors are around. I purposely speak very loud, keep my distance, make it clear I am unarmed and am as polite as I can be. I also don't follow guys (yes, it's always guys doing this) wearing clothing that could easily conceal a gun. If someone reaches for something, I am jumping behind the nearest parked car.

At the same time, it's my neighborhood. I will not simply go into hiding and hope others will protect us - that's not the man I am nor the man I want my son to grow into.
I agree no doubt, I'm was actually just kidding lol but seriously yeah anything can happen to anyone at anytime. It's a sad case unfortunately someone died and we will probably never know the truth behind it all
Old 03-28-2012, 09:22 PM   #202
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Okay... What's the catch here?

Trayvon Martin Case: Exclusive Surveillance Video of George Zimmerman - ABC News

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:25 PM   #203
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Trayvon Martin Case: Exclusive Surveillance Video of George Zimmerman - ABC News
Old 03-28-2012, 09:25 PM   #204
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

beat me rave and it seems pretty odd that he has nothing wrong w him
Old 03-28-2012, 09:27 PM   #205
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
beat me rave and it seems pretty odd that he has nothing wrong w him
He seems pretty... Not disheveled... Well, for a guy that allegedly just got beat down by a 17 year old.

Old 03-28-2012, 09:29 PM   #206
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
He seems pretty... Not disheveled... Well, for a guy that allegedly just got beat down by a 17 year old.
sorry but this dudes story isn't really believable IMO, and he looks like he's in pretty damn good shape to me.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:39 PM   #207
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
sorry but this dudes story isn't really believable IMO, and he looks like he's in pretty damn good shape to me.
5 years since the mug shot that's been circulating. Look's like the dude's been hitting the gym.

I'm not going to say Zimmerman over powered Martin, but I bet considering Zimmerman isn't the pudgy, out of shape dude in the circulating picture, and Martin was already in shape, I can only imagine it had to have been a hell of a fight. (If that actually happened)

Old 03-28-2012, 09:43 PM   #208
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

I think Zimmerman is either innocent and it was self defense or one hell of a sociopath and a liar (since those already go hand in hand) and has a good portion of America fooled.

Old 03-28-2012, 09:48 PM   #209
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
5 years since the mug shot that's been circulating. Look's like the dude's been hitting the gym.

I'm not going to say Zimmerman over powered Martin, but I bet considering Zimmerman isn't the pudgy, out of shape dude in the circulating picture, and Martin was already in shape, I can only imagine it had to have been a hell of a fight. (If that actually happened)

So where were all the people that live in this neighborhood while this so called Fight was going down? Where I grew up fights were a common thing and I can tell u now that people were always outside while it was going down.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:00 PM   #210
JoeRedskin

Quote:
I think Zimmerman is either innocent and it was self defense or one hell of a sociopath and a liar (since those already go hand in hand) and has a good portion of America fooled.
Fair assessment in my opinion. And yeah, that video shows a pretty "not beaten" guy to me. His lawyer said his nose was broken, but it doesn't look like it to me. No bruising or swelling that would be associated with that kind of injury.

At the same time, one eye witness - the only one seeing any part of the altercation - says Martin was beating Zimmerman's head into the ground. Conflicting evidence all around. <blech>