The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

Debating with the enemy

Old 03-04-2022, 10:08 AM   #196
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Re: The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Blue states are finally getting back to work as mandates end, rent subsidies dry up, businesses re-open… it’s a good thing. The unemployment numbers sagged in those states.

Real wages decline and inflation grows. And all the stimulus has dried up.

Lol. Yeah man its the dems that are the bums. Gtfoh. NJ is a blue state. I live and work here. Just because it is a blue state doesn’t matter. The county i work in is the reddest county in NJ, Ocean County. Literally Trump flags in every yard, and these mother fuckers are home every day going back way before the pandemic.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-04-2022, 10:12 AM   #197
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Lol. Yeah man its the dems that are the bums. Gtfoh. NJ is a blue state. I live and work here. Just because it is a blue state doesn’t matter. The county i work in is the reddest county in NJ, Ocean County. Literally Trump flags in every yard, and these mother fuckers are home every day going back way before the pandemic.
Laziness definitely crosses party lines.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 10:13 AM   #198
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
LOL, tru dat! To be honest Monmouth County isn't much better. I say that with relatives very close to you and not directed at you but many are brainwashed by FOX which is very big up there. Many in that area Central and North New Jersey just are ignorant to what happens in the rest of the Country or for that matter the World. They all live and Die by the NY Daily News and NY Post!
Old 03-04-2022, 10:15 AM   #199
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Historically, the United States economy has performed better on average under the administration of Democratic presidents than Republican presidents since World War II. The reasons for this are debated, and the observation applies to economic variables including job creation, GDP growth, and stock market returns. The unemployment rate has fallen on average under Democratic presidents, while it has risen on average under Republican presidents. Budget deficits relative to the size of the economy were lower on average for Democratic presidents.[1][2] Ten of the 11 U.S. recessions between 1953 and 2020 began under Republican presidents.[3]

But please go on about how Republicans keep the economy churning.
Old 03-04-2022, 10:17 AM   #200
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Historically, the United States economy has performed better on average under the administration of Democratic presidents than Republican presidents since World War II. The reasons for this are debated, and the observation applies to economic variables including job creation, GDP growth, and stock market returns. The unemployment rate has fallen on average under Democratic presidents, while it has risen on average under Republican presidents. Budget deficits relative to the size of the economy were lower on average for Democratic presidents.[1][2] Ten of the 11 U.S. recessions between 1953 and 2020 began under Republican presidents.[3]

Right on on all your points .I would just like to remind all the "The Market" has very little to do with the Economy and the President has little to do with the Market.
Old 03-04-2022, 10:20 AM   #201
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:

Democrats been framing Republicans since 1939. Sons of bitches.
Old 03-04-2022, 10:24 AM   #202
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Democrats been framing Republicans since 1939. Sons of bitches.

Ha!
Old 03-04-2022, 10:28 AM   #203
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Laziness definitely crosses party lines.

Of course. And no state is all red or all blue. Just because a red state or a blue state lag’s doesn’t mean it is red people or blue people responsible for the lag. Well except in Chicos world.

And Matty, certainly there are shit tons of people that are not working due to underlying circumstances that have nothing to do with being lazy but since the pandemic a lot of capable people just sort of stayed on their couch. Like millions of them.
Old 03-04-2022, 10:31 AM   #204
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Ha!
Old 03-04-2022, 11:20 AM   #205
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Of course. And no state is all red or all blue. Just because a red state or a blue state lag’s doesn’t mean it is red people or blue people responsible for the lag. Well except in Chicos world.

And Matty, certainly there are shit tons of people that are not working due to underlying circumstances that have nothing to do with being lazy but since the pandemic a lot of capable people just sort of stayed on their couch. Like millions of them.
I think it's a bit more nuanced than that, but good for them if they can afford to do it.

Maybe it's time we re-think this work to live grind anyway. I'm ready for the 4 day work week.

From the Great Resignation to Lying Flat, Workers Are Opting Out
Old 03-04-2022, 11:30 AM   #206
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I think it's a bit more nuanced than that, but good for them if they can afford to do it.

Maybe it's time we re-think this work to live grind anyway. I'm ready for the 4 day work week.

There are many of them that can't afford it (with their own money) and are doing it anyways.

I'd work 4 11 hour days and only get paid for 40 hours, if I could have 3 days off every week.
Old 03-04-2022, 12:14 PM   #207
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:

Federal workers in DC have been doing the M though Thurs work week for decades now. Thats why traffic is light around here on Fridays.

I dont need to work less, I need my money to be able to afford more.

I bought a townhouse for 240k 5 years ago. A neighbor just sold their less desirable house for 341k. I got 100k in savings. Pocket perhaps 160k from selling my house now.

I could buy a 500k house comfortably.

A 500k house around the DMV gets me another fucking town house.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 02:38 PM   #208
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:

I don’t think most of them can afford to do it, maybe, but they probably aren’t rolling like they used to. I think there is a huge sect of them that just think they are rebellious or something. Probably the same assholes who think there are not speed limits anymore. Man people drive like jerk offs since the pandemic when cops weren’t really giving tickets. If it’s because somehow they can afford not to go to work, we’ll definitely good for them. I come across enough money to stop i am too. Im all about a four day work week!
Old 03-04-2022, 02:58 PM   #209
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Federal workers in DC have been doing the M though Thurs work week for decades now. Thats why traffic is light around here on Fridays.

I bought a townhouse for 240k 5 years ago. A neighbor just sold their less desirable house for 341k. I got 100k in savings. Pocket perhaps 160k from selling my house now.

Yeah I'm a Fed myself, not interested in doing four 10 hr days though, I want four 8 hr days, same pay.

Housing costs are just getting to be outrageous.
Old 03-04-2022, 04:19 PM   #210
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post

Join me in Parkton