The 2nd Amendment Thread

Debating with the enemy

Old 02-16-2022, 07:48 PM   #196
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: The 2nd Amendment Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) — A Democratic mayoral candidate in Kentucky’s largest city said he is “shaken but safe” after a man stormed his campaign headquarters Monday morning and fired a weapon point-blank at him.

Craig Greenberg, who is running for mayor of Louisville, said he was at his campaign office with four colleagues when a man appeared in the doorway with a weapon.

“When we greeted him, he pulled out a gun, aimed directly at me and began shooting,” Greenberg said at a news conference several hours after the attack.

The person closest to the door managed to get the door shut, he said. The staffers barricaded the door using “tables and desks," and the suspect fled, he said.

“Despite one bullet coming so close that it grazed my sweater and my shirt, no one was physically harmed,” Greenberg said.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/police-lo...182845926.html

Scary stuff.
Update

https://www.wdrb.com/news/local-acti...6f875ec50.html

Local activist arrested for attempted shooting of Louisville mayoral candidate

Welp BLM almost gotta another body to add to their 30+ murders from the riots

Black Lives Matter activist, Quintez Brown, was the guy trying to kill this mayor. He had appeared live on a live joy Reid :

https://www.reddit.com/r/Louisville/..._back_in_2018/

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-17-2022, 06:26 AM   #197
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Update

https://www.wdrb.com/news/local-acti...6f875ec50.html

Local activist arrested for attempted shooting of Louisville mayoral candidate

Welp BLM almost gotta another body to add to their 30+ murders from the riots

Black Lives Matter activist, Quintez Brown, was the guy trying to kill this mayor. He had appeared live on a live joy Reid :

https://www.reddit.com/r/Louisville/..._back_in_2018/
Can't figure out your angle.

Are you saying this was a BLM-sanctioned attempted hit on a politician?

Or are you pro-gun control so we can keep guns out of the hands of mentally ill people?
Old 02-17-2022, 08:02 AM   #198
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post

Or are you pro-gun control so we can keep guns out of the hands of mentally ill people?

BLM = terrorist organization.
MAGA = patriots.

Biden = stupid.
Trump = Einstein.

Hillary = criminal.
Trump = innocent hero who was derailed by the lying media.

Day = night.
Night = day.

Chico lives in bizarro world Mooby. Where have you been?
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 08:41 AM   #199
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
BLM = terrorist organization.
MAGA = patriots.

Biden = stupid.
Trump = Einstein.

Hillary = criminal.
Trump = innocent hero who was derailed by the lying media.

Day = night.
Night = day.

Chico lives in bizarro world Mooby. Where have you been?
....can we pin this?
Old 02-17-2022, 11:50 AM   #200
SunnySide
Playmaker

Police allege that after Tony Earls was robbed at gunpoint at the Chase Bank ATM in southeast Houston at around 9:45 p.m. on Monday, he got out of his vehicle and opened fire at the suspect.

Armando Alvarez said that when he and his family stumbled upon the robbery, the robber was at least 100 feet (30.48 meters) away from Earls, but Earls fired at him at least four times. The family’s truck tried to speed through the scene, but Earls fired at the vehicle while standing about 10 feet (3.05 meters) away, hitting the gas tank, Alvarez said.

Police say Earls fired at the truck thinking the robbery suspect had possibly climbed into it.

Alvarez said he told his family to duck amid the gunfire. Everyone got down, except Arlene, who was wearing headphones.

“’Duck down Arlene.’ I didn’t scream loud enough. I didn’t know she had her earphones on,” said Gwen Alvarez, as she held a teddy bear with a recording of her daughter’s final heartbeats before she was taken off life support.

Rick Ramos, an attorney for the Alvarez family, said once the robber ran away and had his back toward Earls, he was no longer a threat and Earls became the aggressor as he fired indiscriminately.

Earls has been charged with aggravated assault, serious bodily injury, in the girl’s death and he remained jailed Wednesday on a $100,000 bond. Earls’ attorney did not immediately return a call seeking comment. Prosecutors says charges in the case could be upgraded. Ärlene's family said they think Earls should not be released on bond.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/family-as...003540667.html

Good guy with gun goes wrong.

Cant imagine losing my daughter so randomly in a blink of an eye.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 12:01 PM   #201
MTK
\m/

another idiot with a gun playing hero
Old 02-17-2022, 12:51 PM   #202
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

The 2nd Amendment Thread

Yup, a black one , so it will be interesting to see what the extreme right wing 2nd amendment wingnuts have to say about this. If he was white it would be cut and dry. He was the victim. Now?

The little girl that lost her life is just heartbreaking. Hope the guy spends his life in jail. Hope the little girls life was worth whatever cash he was taking out of the atm.
Old 02-17-2022, 01:07 PM   #203
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

I heard the family is suing Chase Bank hopefully they sue the douche bag too
Old 02-17-2022, 02:08 PM   #204
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post

I don’t know about the mentally ill, but brainwashed to the point he is out in the streets committing political violence.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 02:29 PM   #205
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
Douche bag doesnt have money unless he owns a 1M plus house with a 1M insurance umbrella.

Banks, stores, bars have commercial insurance policies but usually are not liable for damages caused by 3rd parties, especially criminal acts by 3rd parties ... unless you can show (1) the bank owner knew or should have known that a robbery was foreseeable (2) bc of a pattern and practice of robberies on their property, and (3) owner had time but failed to avail themselves to remedies like more security, better lighting, cameras etc and (4) a reasonable owner would have done something.

(seems like lots of concealed carry or open carry gone wrong last month or so. road rage ends up with legal gun carries pulling out their guns .. this ATM story is a bit different)
Old 02-17-2022, 02:44 PM   #206
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Douche bag doesnt have money unless he owns a 1M plus house with a 1M insurance umbrella.

Banks, stores, bars have commercial insurance policies but usually are not liable for damages caused by 3rd parties, especially criminal acts by 3rd parties ... unless you can show (1) the bank owner knew or should have known that a robbery was foreseeable (2) bc of a pattern and practice of robberies on their property, and (3) owner had time but failed to avail themselves to remedies like more security, better lighting, cameras etc and (4) a reasonable owner would have done something.

(seems like lots of concealed carry or open carry gone wrong last month or so. road rage ends up with legal gun carries pulling out their guns .. this ATM story is a bit different)
So is it standard practice to sue businesses in this instance? I confess ignorance on this topic.
Old 02-17-2022, 03:49 PM   #207
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
So is it standard practice to sue businesses in this instance? I confess ignorance on this topic.
Standard practice to try and find the biggest pocket possible. Most of us private citizens are judgment proof, you could get a 1M judgment against me but would have to wait for me to win the lottery to collect.

You have to try and attach liability to one of the commercial parties and you (1) build up the "pattern and practice of robberies" narrative; then (2) sue the bank, property owner, security company, city, state, county, police department ...

A bank, property owner usually have an indemnification agreement so they are repped by the same firm. Here they will probably sue over 20 named defendants but only deal with maybe 2 defense attorneys.

Typically the law does not like making someone responsible for the actions of a third party, especially criminal acts, and this proving of a pattern and practice of violent crime rising to the level the bank or property owner are liable is very high and hard.

But, I imagine there is some type of crime near any given block of an urban city to try and argue "pattern and practice" but good luck, its hard.
Old 02-17-2022, 05:20 PM   #208
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

The 2nd Amendment Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I don’t know about the mentally ill, but brainwashed to the point he is out in the streets committing political violence.

Imagine if he got like 10,000 friends of his that were all brainwashed by some big lie and they, oh I don’t know, stormed the Capitol or something. Thank God there are not large amounts of people brainwashed by some guy, committing political violence on that big of a scale.

If only you had the same disdain for them as you do for him…..
If only the guns and weapons those THOUSANDS of people brainwashed by a lie that they killed cops, and tried to kill politicians with worried you to this extent.

Your condemnation of Jan 6 was so GOP-ish, like ok i gotta say that was wrong and move on.
This guy though gets your full attention and worries you. I can’t wrap my head around that.
Old 02-17-2022, 05:21 PM   #209
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:

Apparently that Chase bank was the scene of some recent crimes involving that same ATM, and Chase made no fix.
Old 02-17-2022, 05:42 PM   #210
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Houston is a certified shithole.

What a shitty story.

Involuntary manslaughter has to be the minimum here (if no basic facts change).
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote