Coronavirus (political)

Debating with the enemy

Old 04-18-2020, 08:03 PM   #1
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Coronavirus (political)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
More so than any other nation/continent?

I’m surrounded by fucking mental midgets. One says he likes Wu Tang, another say this shit as if he knows what he’s talking about. You’re embarrassing yourself.

Where did influenza come from? HIV? Ebola? The Plague? Small pox? Polio? Malaria? Staph? MRSA?

But because SARS and COVID came from China it’s different?

Stop to consider that there may be some things you don’t know that you don’t know. In your case it’s an awful lot.
I’m sorry this is happening to you. Is the name really this bothersome?

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 09:32 AM   #2
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
More so than any other nation/continent?

I’m surrounded by fucking mental midgets. One says he likes Wu Tang, another say this shit as if he knows what he’s talking about. You’re embarrassing yourself.

Where did influenza come from? HIV? Ebola? The Plague? Small pox? Polio? Malaria? Staph? MRSA?

But because SARS and COVID came from China it’s different?

Stop to consider that there may be some things you don’t know that you don’t know. In your case it’s an awful lot.
Nice of you to insult people like you are in elementary school, try having a little class or is that beyond you? 95% of the time it seems Democrats can't carry on a conversation without hurling insults.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 02:23 PM   #3
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Wuhan virus. You're such a fucking idiot. Transparent attempts to assign nationality to a virus do not work on those of us with half a brain. Trump and his ilk who adopt his tactics speak only to the lowest common denominator in this country. GTFO with this bullshit, we're too smart here to put up with this drivel.
Yeah it’s not anything to do with trump, i find it easier to type and since the start of outbreak is in Wuhan and that’s how it’s been referred too, then it makes since....kinda like other virus, diseases, Etc. I guess because trump said it at some point people are angry...hey I get it. Plus Wuhan is close to wutang...a much beloved hip hop group, so I type or say it, it’s with the same affection I have for the gza, the rza, the ole dirty bastard, method man, Raekwon the chef, ghostface killa, and many, many others.

Glad you responded because I did want to know, because of the field you work in...do you think a person who has antibodies, does that equal immunity? And what do you think about time table of a treatment available?

He Gets Us
Old 04-18-2020, 08:01 PM   #4
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

What a damn good show. Haven't seen this episode in a long time.

sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 08:47 PM   #5
SunnySide
Playmaker

How could this be? What the banker discovered was that with less than 500 employees, financial firms and other high-end businesses are technically qualified for low-interest federally guaranteed loans under the broad parameters of the government's Payroll Protection Program (PPP).

And many were sending applications to his bank for the cash, as much as $10 million in the form of a forgivable loan, even if these weren't the types of small businesses Washington was looking to aid.

Even worse, the hedge funds and brokerage businesses were in effect taking money that should be earmarked for businesses that can barely survive in a time of social distancing and quarantines.

These companies have been forced to lay off workers just to make rent, while many banks were prioritizing loans on a first-come, first-served basis and giving priority to their best customers. That means hedge funds and financial firms with deep pockets and significant banking relationships could be getting the money ahead of the local coffee shop.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/money/st...nds-brokerages

Ive read several articles today, all say the same thing.

PPP money is going to hedge funds and companies still making money and not needing to lay people off vs Main Street actual small businesses. I also read there was some language that tried to exclude certain hedge funds by saying their investors count towards the 500 employee cap.

This needs to be fixed.

Republican or Democrat, this is a problem and needs to be fixed before they give Wall Street money over Main Street.

Thank you Mrs. Pelosi and Mr. Schumer for trying to make sure the help actually gets to needy.
Old 04-19-2020, 08:14 AM   #6
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post

Thank you Mrs. Pelosi and Mr. Schumer for trying to make sure the help actually gets to needy.

BAM! mike drop!

This is what it is all about .
Old 04-19-2020, 12:34 PM   #7
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
BAM! mike drop!

This is what it is all about .
Lol the “help that gets to the needy”

FFS, small business owners are the hardest working people in the country to insult them as needy...lol. We are trying to subsidize their employees wages, rent, etc...we want them to keep paying there workers and not layoff in order to get over a 2 month hump.

He Gets Us
Old 04-19-2020, 12:29 PM   #8
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
How could this be? What the banker discovered was that with less than 500 employees, financial firms and other high-end businesses are technically qualified for low-interest federally guaranteed loans under the broad parameters of the government's Payroll Protection Program (PPP).

And many were sending applications to his bank for the cash, as much as $10 million in the form of a forgivable loan, even if these weren't the types of small businesses Washington was looking to aid.

Even worse, the hedge funds and brokerage businesses were in effect taking money that should be earmarked for businesses that can barely survive in a time of social distancing and quarantines.

These companies have been forced to lay off workers just to make rent, while many banks were prioritizing loans on a first-come, first-served basis and giving priority to their best customers. That means hedge funds and financial firms with deep pockets and significant banking relationships could be getting the money ahead of the local coffee shop.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/money/st...nds-brokerages

Ive read several articles today, all say the same thing.

PPP money is going to hedge funds and companies still making money and not needing to lay people off vs Main Street actual small businesses. I also read there was some language that tried to exclude certain hedge funds by saying their investors count towards the 500 employee cap.

This needs to be fixed.

Republican or Democrat, this is a problem and needs to be fixed before they give Wall Street money over Main Street.

Lol....I wish I could post queries from data tables to clearly to clearly show this is untrue. I guess we are going imagine client facing teams working in unison across the country submit apps to the wizard of oz who pressing approved/rejected button based on a series of preset biased features. within the structure of commercial business size are under a regulatory control cannot manipulated, the options that some jump the line or some large big business are grabbing the money just can’t be done. When you see big brands just remember franchises.

Also before approvals are being completed, required aml/kyc info must be reviewed and up to date to ensure it is correct to ensure reporting and data management...oversight. Partnership with the fed govt has been strong and it was several 7 day work weeks to execute it.

While this is headline grabbing it doesn’t speak to the truth to the hardwork being done to meet client needs in desperate times.

Like I’ve stated, this really isn’t about ppp, trying to tack on agenda items that have nothing to do with the program. Wanting more regulatory actions where it’s not needed is Substantially hurting more small business owners than helping.

Sunyside, your intentions are good, but you're simply wrong if you think folks are being left out because of biases in the most heavily regulated industry in the country.

He Gets Us
Old 04-19-2020, 10:34 AM   #9
MTK
\m/

Coronavirus (political)

Nothing more dumb right now than people out protesting the stay at home orders, like seriously WTF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-19-2020, 12:30 PM   #10
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Nothing more dumb right now than people out protesting the stay at home orders, like seriously WTF

Agree

He Gets Us
Old 04-19-2020, 12:37 PM   #11
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:

There are a lot of people who live paycheck to paycheck without a safety net or credit to get them by. Many of them through no fault of their own. They want to and need to get back to work. In many ways making a living by entering the workforce without trade school skills or an education is a lot more difficult than days gone by. I could write a book, but I will just give one example. Back when I graduated from High School 40 years ago passing an aptitude test could get you accepted as an apprentice in a trade where starting pay was two times minimum wage or more. Today trainees in those same trades are paid minimum wage.

Minimum wage was $2.90 an hour in 1979 when I was accepted in as a machinist apprentice and paid $5.85 an hour. About the only skill I had for the job was being a whiz at math. With a 45 hour work week which was industry standard, one week's take home wages paid my rent and I had no roommates kicking in.

Fast forward to the present, the entry level jobs like I took 40 years ago now pay minimum wage, plus housing costs have increased over and above the rate of inflation. Today that trainee job I took at a 45 hour a week will return $345 weekly less taxes. If anyone can rent a whole apartment monthly for that week's pay, raise your hand.

While I am disgusted with young people who grow up slow and whose life revolves around video games and constant attention to their cell phones, I will admit some things are harder on them than in past generations.
Old 04-19-2020, 03:33 PM   #12
jamf
Pro Bowl

This dummy is probably anti-abortion as well.

Quote:

jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 04:57 PM   #13
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
..........that has nothing to do with this..........................
Old 04-19-2020, 06:35 PM   #14
MTK
\m/

Quote:

Yeah I don’t want to hear anyone who is in favor of prematurely reopening the economy even if it costs lives call themselves pro life ever again

Old 04-19-2020, 07:28 PM   #15
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Is that a dude or a chick? I cannot tell.