Official 2011 College Football Thread

Other Sports

Old 01-10-2012, 06:08 PM   #196
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Re: Official 2011 College Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
I can't believe Les Miles kept sending him back on to the field. The kid was a walking 3 and out. He looked so lost. Should have at least put Jarrett Lee in there to see if he could spark something. You can't really score less than zero points.
Less than 100 yards of total offense too.

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-10-2012, 06:17 PM   #197
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

FINALLY The playoffs have come back......er about to finally come too.....wait hold on.
BCS Official Says College Football Playoffs On The Way | SportsGrid

College Football May Finally Be Getting a Proper Playoff System | Complex

College football playoffs gaining momentum

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 08:52 PM   #198
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Since the BCS championship rotates between Alabama schools, look for Alabama-Birmingham to win it all next year.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:47 AM   #199
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
I can't believe Les Miles kept sending him back on to the field. The kid was a walking 3 and out. He looked so lost. Should have at least put Jarrett Lee in there to see if he could spark something. You can't really score less than zero points.

I agree. This loss was squarely on Les Miles. That game was a pure example of being out coached, not so much out played. The play calling was horrible and the fact he left Jefferson in was mind boggling. It's the national championship, what do you have to lose by putting in Lee? Nothing.

Bobby Hebert, Former Saints QB And Father Of LSU Player, Challenges Les Miles | ThePostGame
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty

Last edited by NC_Skins; 01-11-2012 at 10:06 AM.
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 03:17 PM   #200
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Great news for CAA fans

CAA AND NBC SPORTS GROUP REACH FIVE-YEAR AGREEMENTS FOR NATIONAL BASKETBALL AND FOOTBALL RIGHTS - CAASports.com—Official Web Site of the Colonial Athletic Association

In other news, Randy Edsall sure comes across as petty if it's true he's not letting Danny O'Brien transfer to Vanderbilt
Old 02-13-2012, 05:29 PM   #201
DC Tailgate
Special Teams

Edsall is pretty bad from what I've heard. Most of the players have a strong dislike for him.
DC Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:25 PM   #202
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

From champs to chomped: How Urban Meyer broke Florida football - NCAA Football - Sporting News

Scud, thoughts? I dont know what to think, but thats pretty bad if he is telling Diggs he wouldnt let his own son go to Florida.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:54 PM   #203
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
From champs to chomped: How Urban Meyer broke Florida football - NCAA Football - Sporting News

Scud, thoughts? I dont know what to think, but thats pretty bad if he is telling Diggs he wouldnt let his own son go to Florida.
I think most college head coaches are douche bags and would sell their own family to make it big.

Speaking of D'bags.

Bobby Petrino won't return as Arkansas Razorbacks coach, sources say - ESPN

This is one douche bag who's karma has finally caught up with him. I bet Arthur Blank is somewhere right now laughing his ass off.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 04-10-2012, 08:03 PM   #204
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post

Well, Urban won us two national championships, so I'm not as pissed as I could be. But I heard rumblings that the inmates were running the asylum when all this was going on. I'm not surprised. I've been hearing for a while that he's a scumbag.

As far as him telling Diggs he wouldn't let his own son go to Florida... Just recruiting talk. He's the one who allowed the program to get to that point.

But Muschamp is a great coach and by all accounts a good guy, plus he's had back to back top 5 recruiting classes in his first two offseasons, so we'll be alright.
Old 04-10-2012, 08:10 PM   #205
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Well, Urban won us two national championships, so I'm not as pissed as I could be. But I heard rumblings that the inmates were running the asylum when all this was going on. I'm not surprised. I've been hearing for a while that he's a scumbag.

As far as him telling Diggs he wouldn't let his own son go to Florida... Just recruiting talk. He's the one who allowed the program to get to that point.

But Muschamp is a great coach and by all accounts a good guy, plus he's had back to back top 5 recruiting classes in his first two offseasons, so we'll be alright.
SO how long before he shits up the OSU program (again) and he bails(again)??
Old 04-10-2012, 10:25 PM   #206
GMScud
Swearinger

I think the title of the article is some serious hyperbole, too. Florida football broken? Lol. Hardly. Yes they had a 7-6 record in Muschamp's first season. That record is very poor by UF's standards, but Muschamp is a hot young coaching name, a native of Gainesville, Florida, he was the heir apparent to Mack Brown at Texas until we stole him, and he's turned in two stellar recruiting classes in two offseasons. I'd hardly call that a "broken" program. Maybe temporarily down, but certainly not broken.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:31 PM   #207
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
SO how long before he shits up the OSU program (again) and he bails(again)??
Well he's stayed away from really being an NCAA violater. So he may not be a good guy, but I think he'll probably have OSU in the national title conversation within a few seasons. How long he'll stay is another story. Remember he's still relatively young (late 40's), and Florida was his first prime time gig. Maybe he's learned some things and he'll run a tighter ship in Columbus. Or maybe he'll flame out again. Who knows.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:42 PM   #208
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:

agree. I think the way Urban carries himself brings on a lot of the criticism from the media when this type of thing happens with alot of programs with recruiting and the handling of players.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:56 AM   #209
budw38
Playmaker

Quote:
I think most college head coaches are douche bags and would sell their own family to make it big.

Speaking of D'bags.

This is one douche bag who's karma has finally caught up with him. I bet Arthur Blank is somewhere right now laughing his ass off.
Karma is a bitch......... I hope nobody hires him again at any coaching level .
budw38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:57 AM   #210
budw38
Playmaker

Quote:

Speaking of D'bags.

Karma is a B ........
budw38 is offline   Reply With Quote