Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

Election Day

Debating with the enemy

View Poll Results: Anonymous Presidential Poll: Who did you vote for?
Clinton 16 44.44%
Trump 13 36.11%
Johnson 4 11.11%
Stein 1 2.78%
Other 2 5.56%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-11-2017, 03:44 PM   #196
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: Election Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Still waiting for all the winning we were promised.
Funny thing (not shocking that we see it polar opposite) I was going to start a thread called WINNING
Add in things that are more for those who voted for Trump:
I know that the 2nd list is not a list that is winning for anti-trumper's but for those who voted for him, they are.

and from the snowflakes perspective - there hasn't been a nuclear war. Given I know 3 millenials at my work who were convinced that there was going to be a nuclear attack on Trump's inauguration, that is a major win right there!
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-11-2017, 03:55 PM   #197
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

In Afghanistan Taliban suffer $4m financial loss as F-18s bomb drug labs

Oh, and this one, https://nypost.com/2017/09/26/saudi-...s-women-drive/.

I find it interesting that Saudi Arabia is opening up at a time when Hillary's influence is finally dead in the world. We know that that is coincindence NOT causation but it is still fascinating that after years of Pres Obama and Hillary Clinton as Sec. of State, Saudi Arabia now seeks better ties with the US and relaxes it's views on women's rights. IF HC could have gotten this one accomplishment, maybe should could have set her hat on it as a foreign policy guru at election time, instead she got to claim Benghazi, lucky her

Last edited by CRedskinsRule; 12-11-2017 at 04:51 PM.
Old 12-11-2017, 04:16 PM   #198
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Oh then there is this:
The Conference Board Consumer Confidence Index Increased Again

28 Nov. 2017

Index Remains at 17-Year High
Old 12-11-2017, 04:19 PM   #199
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

or this:
Quote:
November 27, 2017

The numbers are in for this year's Black Friday
According to Adobe Analytics, U.S. retailers earned a record $7.9 billion on Nov. 24, an increase of nearly 18% from a year ago. Adobe further predicted that Cyber Monday would bring an additional $6.6 billion in internet sales, good enough to be the largest online shopping day in history.
Bolded emphasis is mine
Old 12-11-2017, 04:40 PM   #200
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Oh and for all you who have index funds or any stock based investments, you kind of won this year too:
Quote:
Delayed Data
As of 4:20pm ET
+56.87 / +0.23%
Today’s Change

+23.39%
Year-to-Date
Old 12-11-2017, 04:43 PM   #201
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

but nope, no winning. You all can keep harping on the histrionics of Trump, but if half of these same accomplishments had occurred under Pres Obama in ANY of his years as President (they didn't) some of you would have been lining up a constitutional amendment allowing him to serve another term.
Old 12-11-2017, 05:17 PM   #202
MTK
\m/

Winning is a very subjective term apparently. His list of losses is tremendous, fantastic, the best.
Old 12-11-2017, 05:35 PM   #203
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
but nope, no winning. You all can keep harping on the histrionics of Trump, but if half of these same accomplishments had occurred under Pres Obama in ANY of his years as President (they didn't) some of you would have been lining up a constitutional amendment allowing him to serve another term.

Honestly except for the boarder crossing and even that is suspect.Trump is not responsible for anything except rolling back all Obama executive orders and wrecking the environment.
Old 12-11-2017, 05:52 PM   #204
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Winning is a very subjective term apparently. His list of losses is tremendous, fantastic, the best.
Go ahead and list them, somehow I doubt we will see them the same way.

By the way, the first list isn't subjective at all, if those items were listed under President Obama, or god forbid Hillary Clinton, then they would be hailed as good to great accomplishments. The fact that not even basic credit can be given where it is due is a strong reason why effective dialogue is a rarity these days.
Old 12-11-2017, 05:52 PM   #205
MTK
\m/

Failed or unfulfilled so far

The wall
Lock her up
Travel ban
Repeal and replace Obamacare
Pull out of or renegotiate NAFTA
Drain the swamp
Apply tariffs to China and label them a currency manipulator
No vacations/time off
Ditch Nato
Bring back jobs from overseas
Rebuild infrastructure
Fix crime in Chicago
Old 12-11-2017, 06:05 PM   #206
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Honestly except for the boarder crossing and even that is suspect.Trump is not responsible for anything except rolling back all Obama executive orders and wrecking the environment.
Using our military in coordination with middle eastern allies without telegraphing our every move is a direct reason for the ISIS rollback in Iraq and Syria. That was a change attributable to Trump's military commanders and his policies.

The growth is a direct result of corporations and small companies looking to his pledges of rolling back regulations and taxes.

The border decrease is likely due to a tougher enforcement in the US as well as at the border.

Pretty sure acknowledging Jerusalem as Israel's capital, putting Neil Gorsuch on the bench, pulling out of the TPP and Paris accords all would not of happened in an HC administration, and as I said, as a Trump voter, I consider them winning and keeping his promises. I get that the other commentators here didn't vote for him, and don't see that as "winning".

But Matty's comment was still waiting for the winning. I am saying IF a person can open their eyes and see the discussion from another point of view, then there is winning going on. But if a mind is to narrow and focused on the petty mainstream media BS, then the person doesn't want to see the winning, and they won't see it no matter how many lists or facts are presented. Because ultimately the only winning that the that person can imagine is Trump being impeached, and that is not going to happen.
Old 12-11-2017, 06:17 PM   #207
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Using our military in coordination with middle eastern allies without telegraphing our every move is a direct reason for the ISIS rollback in Iraq and Syria. That was a change attributable to Trump's military commanders and his policies.

The growth is a direct result of corporations and small companies looking to his pledges of rolling back regulations and taxes.

The border decrease is likely due to a tougher enforcement in the US as well as at the border.

Pretty sure acknowledging Jerusalem as Israel's capital, putting Neil Gorsuch on the bench, pulling out of the TPP and Paris accords all would not of happened in an HC administration, and as I said, as a Trump voter, I consider them winning and keeping his promises. I get that the other commentators here didn't vote for him, and don't see that as "winning".

But Matty's comment was still waiting for the winning. I am saying IF a person can open their eyes and see the discussion from another point of view, then there is winning going on. But if a mind is to narrow and focused on the petty mainstream media BS, then the person doesn't want to see the winning, and they won't see it no matter how many lists or facts are presented. Because ultimately the only winning that the that person can imagine is Trump being impeached, and that is not going to happen.
Just curious, let's say Mueller keeps going up the ladder, with Ivanka/Kushner indicted, and then finally ol' boy himself indicted, are you going to claim the investigation is biased due to the political leanings of the investigators, or are you simply going to accept they have enough evidence to bring charges? This whole thing is worthless if they don't have evidence.
Old 12-11-2017, 06:18 PM   #208
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Failed or unfulfilled so far

The wall
Lock her up
Travel ban
Repeal and replace Obamacare
Pull out of or renegotiate NAFTA
Drain the swamp
Apply tariffs to China and label them a currency manipulator
No vacations/time off
Ditch Nato
Bring back jobs from overseas
Rebuild infrastructure
Fix crime in Chicago
  • The wall is ongoing, a competitive bidding is in place, and I would predict that DACA and the wall will go hand in hand in the next budget.
  • The travel ban is in place per the Supreme Court
  • Drain the swamp - what do you think the Corker retirement, the Flake retirement etc is all about. The swamp is republican as much as it is democrat.
  • Bringing jobs back - let's see the net effect of a better tax climate, and less regulations. Right now Politifact has this at half true, but that's with little legislative help from congress
  • Rebuild Infrastructure - let him have his first full budget ok?
  • Renegotiate NAFTA - they are having on going talks
    Quote:
    Pending results, Trump's promise to renegotiate the agreement remains In the Works.
  • Ditch Nato - Actually he said make NATO pay their fair share, and that is a valid goal that even CNN says is happening: NATO members to increase defense spending
  • Lock her up, Fix crime in Chicago - Those both would be pie in the sky winning.
  • no vacations - With all the winning I have shown he has accomplished the man can play golf every weekend, may the scores be ever in his favor.
  • Repeal Obamacare - he has signed some executive acts but the failure here is on the Republican swamp (looking at McCain here) who lied repeatedly to their constituents. Trump certainly twisted every arm he could to try to make it happen.

Like I said we see it differently

Last edited by CRedskinsRule; 12-11-2017 at 06:39 PM.
Old 12-11-2017, 06:29 PM   #209
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Just curious, let's say Mueller keeps going up the ladder, with Ivanka/Kushner indicted, and then finally ol' boy himself indicted, are you going to claim the investigation is biased due to the political leanings of the investigators, or are you simply going to accept they have enough evidence to bring charges? This whole thing is worthless if they don't have evidence.
So far it seems pretty thin - even speculative and I generally think it is politically motivated more then evidentially based. And if it does come out that the FISA warrants were obtained by a politically charged false document like the Steel Dossier, than yes I will look at it as "the revenge of the Swamp".

BUT if evidence shows true criminal malice and behaviour in some way related to tampering with the election then, I will believe it. It won't be because CNN says so, but if the Supreme Court hears the case and upholds the facts, OR a Republican majority in the House of Representatives votes to impeach, then yes I will accept that
Old 12-11-2017, 06:33 PM   #210
MTK
\m/

Haven't heard a sniff of what his infrastructure plan is. As I said my list was failed or unfulfilled so far so I'm definitely eagerly waiting on that.

DACA should be a stand alone bill IMO, not crowbarred in to the crock of shit wall.

Not sure that draining the swamp by filling it with Goldman Sachs alum and making it the richest cabinet ever was really what people thought they were voting for. But hey it sure sounded catchy.

At least his golf game is sharp. It better be.

Quote:
"If I win I may never see my property -- I may never see these places again," Trump said at an August 2016 event. "But because I'm going to be working for you, I'm not going to have time to go golfing, believe me. Believe me. Believe me, folks."