Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

To 2021 and Beyond .... current politics

Debating with the enemy

Old 02-04-2021, 02:54 PM   #196
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Re: To 2021 and Beyond .... current politics

To add, I disagreed with Obama on pretty much everything. But he did hand off a domestically smooth situation and economy to Trump. That is the biggest piece of credit I give him. Hat tip and a cheers 🍻 to him for that. Hopefully by 2022 we can beat back this stupid fucking virus and get the economy firing again on all cylinders.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-04-2021, 05:16 PM   #197
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

I think Pres. Biden ending support for forces supported by Saudi Arabia in Yemen is going to backfire. Iran has to be rejoicing that Biden is quickly making them a more stable country. Being the cynic I bet that we will see an increase in foreign terrorism in the next two years, and of course the response will be that we have to re-do the Iran Nuclear deal or some similar response that it makes it the US' fault for inciting them.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 07:54 PM   #198
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

^the Middle East is in the best shape it’s been in decades.

I’m sure Biden will fuck it up again. Him and Obama were a fuckin disaster in the Middle East...we were being attacked by terrorist monthly...they enabled the isis genocide, had Americans getting their heads cut off on tv...gave half billion to Iran which directly funded the houthis rebels in Yemen, arming dictator in the Syria and Hezbollah terrorists against Israel. Then told the American people that a mean YouTube video cause Benghazi and not terrorist.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 01:44 PM   #199
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://www.dailywire.com/news/with-...-kids-in-cages

With Trump Gone, The Media No Longer Cares About ‘Kids In Cages’

As I reported earlier this week, the Biden administration is using euphemisms to distance itself from everything the media claimed to hate about the Trump administration and its treatment of illegal immigrants. For example, “cages” are now called “hard-sided structures.” Trump was also relentlessly attacked for his “tent cities.” Biden is reopening one of these facilities to hide the children of illegal immigrants, and it may require tents, but don’t worry, they’re not really “tents,” they’re now “semi-permanent (soft-sided)” structures.

Those euphemisms were in an official statement from the Department of Health and Human Services announcing it would reopen a “temporary Influx Care Facility.”

The issue on the border has been around for decades. It was the Obama administration that built the “cages” used by the media as a cudgel against Trump. It wasn’t until Trump was in office when people began sharing a 2014 article and photo (when Obama was still in office) to start talking about “kids in cages.”

Only idiots and liars refuse to see the double standard of the media at this point. The trump administration produced the hard evidence receipts which clearly states Obama and Biden originally built the cages and tents...when trump used them it was apparently bad....now Biden already opening them up again and the media is trying to re-label what they are...

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/obam...ry?id=41715661

Obama administration deported more people than any president in history

He Gets Us
Old 02-06-2021, 01:40 AM   #200
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Chico, you're my boy blue, but you should create a Biden "enough is enough" type thread. Your posts are all about shitting on Biden, which in general I get, anyone that is not a democrat, has got the business for the last 4 years, so turnabout is fair play.

But, not that my opinions mean 2 shits more than anyone else's, I'd kinda like a 2 thread system, similar to what we have for COVID.

It would be nice to have a thread where we can share things we might somewhat agree on or somewhat disagree on.

And then have another thread for where the strong disagreements are shared. A political Festivus airing of the grievances thread.
Old 02-06-2021, 07:52 AM   #201
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
^the Middle East is in the best shape it’s been in decades.

I’m sure Biden will fuck it up again. Him and Obama were a fuckin disaster in the Middle East...we were being attacked by terrorist monthly...they enabled the isis genocide, had Americans getting their heads cut off on tv...gave half billion to Iran which directly funded the houthis rebels in Yemen, arming dictator in the Syria and Hezbollah terrorists against Israel. Then told the American people that a mean YouTube video cause Benghazi and not terrorist.
LOL, yeah Bush had nothing to do with what Obama walked into did he?
Old 02-06-2021, 08:06 AM   #202
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I think Pres. Biden ending support for forces supported by Saudi Arabia in Yemen is going to backfire. Iran has to be rejoicing that Biden is quickly making them a more stable country. Being the cynic I bet that we will see an increase in foreign terrorism in the next two years, and of course the response will be that we have to re-do the Iran Nuclear deal or some similar response that it makes it the US' fault for inciting them.
NEWS FLASH ,............the US has been at fault for anything going on in IRAN since Jimmy Carter was President! Saudi Arabia and the U.S. are strategic allies, and since President Obama took office in 2009, the U.S. has sold $110 billion in arms to Saudi Arabia. The National Security Agency (NSA) in 2013 began cooperating with the Saudi Ministry of Interior in an effort to help ensure "regime continuity". It wasn't till trump they started to kill Washington Post Journalist.
Old 02-06-2021, 09:26 AM   #203
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
NEWS FLASH ,............the US has been at fault for anything going on in IRAN since Jimmy Carter was President! Saudi Arabia and the U.S. are strategic allies, and since President Obama took office in 2009, the U.S. has sold $110 billion in arms to Saudi Arabia. The National Security Agency (NSA) in 2013 began cooperating with the Saudi Ministry of Interior in an effort to help ensure "regime continuity". It wasn't till trump they started to kill Washington Post Journalist.
I feel like every post I make I should start with " the sky is blue " just so you can have something to agree about.

The middle east has been a hot mess for a long time, no arguments.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Old 02-08-2021, 02:09 PM   #204
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

White House confirms illegal aliens convicted of assault or rape will not be deported

Great new! Biden American! Kids back in cages and now this

More bad news on the $15 by the non partisan congressional budget office:

https://www.cbo.gov/system/files/202...nimum-Wage.pdf

CBO just released its new $15 min wage analysis—adds $58B to the deficit, kills 1.4M jobs. Have to look at how they reach these numbers, but it's a bad blow for the Raise the Wage Act.

He Gets Us
Old 02-08-2021, 02:13 PM   #205
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
White House confirms illegal aliens convicted of assault or rape will not be deported

Great new!
So you believe that illegal Aliens should not be held responsible for their crimes?
Old 02-09-2021, 12:09 AM   #206
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:

Great new! Biden American! Kids back in cages and now this

More bad news on the $15 by the non partisan congressional budget office:

https://www.cbo.gov/system/files/202...nimum-Wage.pdf

CBO just released its new $15 min wage analysis—adds $58B to the deficit, kills 1.4M jobs. Have to look at how they reach these numbers, but it's a bad blow for the Raise the Wage Act.
Wonder how many of those jobs are going to be lost to automation anyways, give it 10 years and every fast food joint will have a tablet replacing a cashier.

Also the deficit argument is falling on my deaf ears, I couldn't give a shit less about it after the last 4 years.
Old 02-09-2021, 07:07 AM   #207
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Wonder how many of those jobs are going to be lost to automation anyways, give it 10 years and every fast food joint will have a tablet replacing a cashier.

Also the deficit argument is falling on my deaf ears, I couldn't give a shit less about it after the last 4 years.
Agreed on both counts. Until either side truly implements budget restraint, neither side has standing about the issue. Certain members of the house and senate do, because they have been consistent. And minimum wage at 15 is truly minimum. The more empowering thing would be setting it to a yearly CoLA..

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Old 02-11-2021, 11:42 AM   #208
SunnySide
Playmaker

The CBO report, The Budgetary Effects of the Raise the Wage Act of 2021, delivers a knockout blow to the unsubstantiated claim that minimum wage hikes do not decrease jobs. As the report states, “In 2025, when the minimum wage reached $15 per hour, employment would be reduced by 1.4 million workers (or 0.9 percent), according to CBO’s average estimate.”

That sentence alone should cause all who champion a national $15 minimum wage to think twice about their position. However, the report also notes, “CBO estimates that there is a one-third chance of that effect’s being between about zero and 1.0 million workers and a one-third chance of its being between 1.0 million and 2.7 million workers.”

That is astonishing. If the federal minimum wage is set to $15 per hour, by 2025, almost three million workers could be jobless. Given the dreadful employment situation in the United States due to COVID-19 lockdowns, America cannot afford to shed more jobs.

https://redstate.com/heartlandinstit...conomy-n324775

A brief look into this $15 federal thing, I learned a couple things.

Are States allowed to have their own minimum wage below what the feds would set ($15)? Yes .. but not for employees who would fall under the FLSA (Fair Labor Standards Act).

Who is considered FLSA? Basically everyone it seems. Only full time students, workers under 20 (1st 90 days of work) and disabled people would be exempt from the $15/hr. Businesses that don’t come under FLSA rules may be seasonal amusement parks, newspapers with circulations less than 4,000, small farms and more.

Fed min wage is currently $7.25 and hasnt been raised since 2009, longest stretch without a raise.

------------------------------

I dont think raising the minimum wage to $15 is a good idea. In areas like the DMV and other expensive to live parts of the country, the state or local min wage is already much higher than $7.25. DC - $15, MD $15 by 2025, Mass $15 by 2023, NY $15 by 2021.

vs places like Idaho, Wyoming, Kentucky, georgia, texas, louissiana at $7.25.

I went into this thinking fed min wage only applied to fed workers (2.1 m) and most of them probably make more than min wage anyway so this was a nothing thing. I was wrong.

honestly .. I dont see why a fast food worker in some small very affordable town in the sticks of Arkansas should make $15 an hour. Sure a Burger King in the sticks could probably handle it .. but a small business owner deli shop living in the margins already? or a florist? or local grocery store? no way.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 11:55 AM   #209
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
The CBO report, The Budgetary Effects of the Raise the Wage Act of 2021, delivers a knockout blow to the unsubstantiated claim that minimum wage hikes do not decrease jobs. As the report states, “In 2025, when the minimum wage reached $15 per hour, employment would be reduced by 1.4 million workers (or 0.9 percent), according to CBO’s average estimate.”

That sentence alone should cause all who champion a national $15 minimum wage to think twice about their position. However, the report also notes, “CBO estimates that there is a one-third chance of that effect’s being between about zero and 1.0 million workers and a one-third chance of its being between 1.0 million and 2.7 million workers.”

That is astonishing. If the federal minimum wage is set to $15 per hour, by 2025, almost three million workers could be jobless. Given the dreadful employment situation in the United States due to COVID-19 lockdowns, America cannot afford to shed more jobs.

https://redstate.com/heartlandinstit...conomy-n324775

A brief look into this $15 federal thing, I learned a couple things.

Are States allowed to have their own minimum wage below what the feds would set ($15)? Yes .. but not for employees who would fall under the FLSA (Fair Labor Standards Act).

Who is considered FLSA? Basically everyone it seems. Only full time students, workers under 20 (1st 90 days of work) and disabled people would be exempt from the $15/hr. Businesses that don’t come under FLSA rules may be seasonal amusement parks, newspapers with circulations less than 4,000, small farms and more.

Fed min wage is currently $7.25 and hasnt been raised since 2009, longest stretch without a raise.

------------------------------

I dont think raising the minimum wage to $15 is a good idea. In areas like the DMV and other expensive to live parts of the country, the state or local min wage is already much higher than $7.25. DC - $15, MD $15 by 2025, Mass $15 by 2023, NY $15 by 2021.

vs places like Idaho, Wyoming, Kentucky, georgia, texas, louissiana at $7.25.

I went into this thinking fed min wage only applied to fed workers (2.1 m) and most of them probably make more than min wage anyway so this was a nothing thing. I was wrong.

honestly .. I dont see why a fast food worker in some small very affordable town in the sticks of Arkansas should make $15 an hour. Sure a Burger King in the sticks could probably handle it .. but a small business owner deli shop living in the margins already? or a florist? or local grocery store? no way.
I just fell and hit my head. Of course a nice minimum wage sounds nice but it's simply not realistic if you care about small businesses. As you said, not all places are the same. You can't apply things like this nationally across a country as large as ours with such a wide diversity of living situations.

This like most things, this should be done at the state and local level. Love me some 10th amendment.
Old 02-11-2021, 03:30 PM   #210
MTK
\m/

$15 may not be the answer right now but $7.25 is clearly too low.