Debating with the enemy

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 03:17 PM   #181
firstdown
Living Legend

Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
well there you go...we are safe then *sigh* Seung-Hui Cho - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Actually the issue in his case was that his doctor or who ever never reported his case to get him on the list of people who cannot buy guns. When the back ground check was done his name came up clear.

Advertisements
Old 03-28-2012, 03:19 PM   #182
mlmpetert
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Here is the puzzling thing. If there is a witness that can collaborate that Martin was beating Zimmerman's head into the sidewalk, wouldn't that mean they were also witness to the shooting? Also, did that witness just sit there and do nothing? I'm amazed how so few people can act, yet they cry out if people don't help them out.
Someone posted or linked something a little back that sounded like one of the witnesses called 911 when hearing/seeing Zimmerman screaming for help. Maybe this witness was a kid, small female, old person, handicapped or just too much of a coward because of all the guns he owns. Maybe he did attempt to help. We just dont know. But like JoeRedskins is saying; based off of the facts we can go by and law this case adheres to, it appears, at this time, Zimmerman did not commit a crime.

Tragically a happy looking teenager with the rest of his life in front of him was shot and killed right after talking to his girlfriend after picking up some candy and a iced tea from a store during halftime of a b-ball game. Its easy for all of us to identify with this kid, and I can understand why people want vengeance on Zimmerman even if its without justification.
Old 03-28-2012, 03:19 PM   #183
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
After this I think I'm going to buy a gun. I rather be an alive coward then a dead hero.
well im sure your neighbors will appreciate you roaming the streets of your neighborhood at night with a gun stopping children walking up the street to get a snack. you are a hero

He Gets Us
Old 03-28-2012, 03:23 PM   #184
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
and this is not rank speculation in the least.
well apparently he needed a gun he was soooo afraid.

"oh these teenagers are so dangerous these days with there skittles, ice teas, cell phones....i better get a gun. Ill piss myself if i have to have a conversation with one"

He Gets Us
Old 03-28-2012, 03:24 PM   #185
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Quote:
well im sure your neighbors will appreciate you roaming the streets of your neighborhood at night with a gun stopping children walking up the street to get a snack. you are a hero
<point_laugh>
Old 03-28-2012, 03:26 PM   #186
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
You sound like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton back when the Duke LaCrosse players were being accused of rape. They stated similar things and even offered to pay this woman's tuition without knowing the full details. Little did they know, they were all being lied to by the woman they were defending.

You don't know the details, and neither does anybody outside the investigation. I say we let this play out and have all the facts come out before we start proclaiming somebody innocent or guilty.

I'm quite positive we have a "equal force" type of defense laws here in NC. If a person comes at you with bare hands, a gun isn't equal force. However, somebody slamming your head into a sidewalk would be considered deadly force. I'm more interested in hearing the witnesses.

Duke lacross vs Shooting death of Martin...ummmm not close comparison. Yeah I appreciate the Sharpton, Jackson insult.

He Gets Us
Old 03-28-2012, 03:30 PM   #187
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Quote:
well apparently he needed a gun he was soooo afraid.

"oh these teenagers are so dangerous these days with there skittles, ice teas, cell phones....i better get a gun. Ill piss myself if i have to have a conversation with one"
So we've abandoned any pretence of logic, reason or rational argument?

Fair enough. <taps out>
Old 03-28-2012, 03:36 PM   #188
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
To be honest if my neighborhood was having crime issues and I was on watch I would def. think of carrying a gun.
Old 03-28-2012, 03:37 PM   #189
firstdown
Living Legend

I wonder why Trayvon called his GF and not 911?
Old 03-28-2012, 03:40 PM   #190
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Hey Mods, we need to go to 5 stars for the rating on this thread, it's the best ever!
Old 03-28-2012, 03:41 PM   #191
mlmpetert
Playmaker

For those who keep trying to politicalize this (not saying anyone here is), the story keeps getting worse and worse for them.

Not only does Zimmerman have to be a White-Hispanic, from a multiracial family, with Black family members, but he and his wife also have to tutor 2 young kids that are Black, and he also has a friend who is Black willing to publically support. Now, to make matters even worse, it turns out the SOB is a registered Democrat!!!! The media better think of something quick because they are running out of angles.

Voting Form Shows George Zimmerman Is A Registered Democrat, Confounding Message Pushed By Left - International Business Times

Old 03-28-2012, 03:43 PM   #192
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
So we've abandoned any pretence of logic, reason or rational argument?

Fair enough. <taps out>
there is no arguement. You've made your point about the law, I get it. I dont agree with it and understand what your saying. I think laws were broken and lines were crossed. Im not changing my mind. I think there will be charges brought and rightfully so. There is speculation on both sides, sure. Mob mentality sure, cliche as ever. Zimmerman shoulda never messed with the kid period. You can't have people walking around with guns accusing people of wrong doing based on speculation, call the cops. He had no authority to do that.

He Gets Us
Old 03-28-2012, 03:58 PM   #193
JoeRedskin

Quote:
there is no arguement. You've made your point about the law, I get it. I dont agree with it and understand what your saying. I think laws were broken and lines were crossed. Im not changing my mind. I think there will be charges brought and rightfully so. There is speculation on both sides, sure. Mob mentality sure, cliche as ever. Zimmerman shoulda never messed with the kid period. You can't have people walking around with guns accusing people of wrong doing based on speculation, call the cops. He had no authority to do that.

But see this is my point... I haven't seen the proof that Zimmerman did anything but follow Martin around. I will tell you, I have done that too in my neighborhood.

The individuals I have followed have, on occasion, asked why I was following them. In those cases I have told them - I don't recognize them and I saw them looking in my neighbors cars and testing doors. I also tell them I have called the police and take their photo. Am I "harrasing" them? Am I "messing with them"? If one of them chooses to assault me or grab my phone is it my fault?

At some point, either Zimmerman or Martin started the verbal confrontation which apparently escalated. You assume it Zimmerman b/c he had a gun and was part of a neighborhood watch. Fair enough. You don't want to change your mind? Fine, not asking you to do so.

Just asking you to open it.
Old 03-28-2012, 04:41 PM   #194
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
But see this is my point... I haven't seen the proof that Zimmerman did anything but follow Martin around. I will tell you, I have done that too in my neighborhood.

The individuals I have followed have, on occasion, asked why I was following them. In those cases I have told them - I don't recognize them and I saw them looking in my neighbors cars and testing doors. I also tell them I have called the police and take their photo. Am I "harrasing" them? Am I "messing with them"? If one of them chooses to assault me or grab my phone is it my fault?

At some point, either Zimmerman or Martin started the verbal confrontation which apparently escalated. You assume it Zimmerman b/c he had a gun and was part of a neighborhood watch. Fair enough. You don't want to change your mind? Fine, not asking you to do so.

Just asking you to open it.
Your lucky You haven't been shot
Old 03-28-2012, 04:55 PM   #195
JoeRedskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Your lucky You haven't been shot
Trust me, I am conscience of that. I have only done this in broad daylight when I know other neighbors are around. I purposely speak very loud, keep my distance, make it clear I am unarmed and am as polite as I can be. I also don't follow guys (yes, it's always guys doing this) wearing clothing that could easily conceal a gun. If someone reaches for something, I am jumping behind the nearest parked car.

At the same time, it's my neighborhood. I will not simply go into hiding and hope others will protect us - that's not the man I am nor the man I want my son to grow into.