To 2021 and Beyond .... current politics

Debating with the enemy

Old 02-04-2021, 10:51 AM   #181
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: To 2021 and Beyond .... current politics

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
They are connected through an underground passage.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Was she in the capital at the time of the riot? No

We’re rioters knocking at her door at the cannon building? No

We’re the capital police there protecting her? Yes

Her inflammatory rhetoric does nothing to help and it’s simply easy to see what she was doing telling the lie.

Should News orgs do basic fact checking or provide much needed context to prevent this inflammatory rhetoric?

Absolutely

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-04-2021, 11:14 AM   #182
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post

Her inflammatory rhetoric does nothing to help and it’s simply easy to see what she was doing telling the lie.

Should News orgs do basic fact checking or provide much needed context to prevent this inflammatory rhetoric?

Absolutely
I agree about all of that except that the Cannon bldg is considered part of the Capital complex. That part is more semantics than a purposeful lie.

CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 11:17 AM   #183
SunnySide
Playmaker

In the last two rounds of payments, individuals with prior-year incomes above $75,000 and couples with combined incomes above $150,000 got smaller checks or none at all. A whopping 90% of U.S. households received payments from the last round.

Democrats may lower the phaseout threshold to $50,000 for individuals and $100,000 for married couples, according to Democratic aides. (The Washington Post first reported the lower threshold was under consideration.)

Earlier this week, a group of 10 Republican senators met with Biden at the White House and pitched him on a significantly smaller $600 billion relief package. Their plan calls for just $1,000 direct payments while reducing the income limit that determines eligibility to $50,000.
https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/democ...200050712.html

Republicans might get one of their requests .. no stimulus money for people making over 50k.

Seems the stimulus checks are such a small percentage of the 1.9T pie but the first thing both parties may agree to reduce.

Bastards.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 11:28 AM   #184
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Go look at a map, cannon building is not connected to the capital

She lied though and publications have issue retractions on aspects of the story. But yes, rioters were never in the cannon building and she was not in the capital at the time of the riot.

She lied and it’s clear. Cannon building isn’t the capital....look it up on maps. It’s NOT where the riot occurred.

She is once again pushing lie and inflammatory rhetoric that serves no purpose. It’s all about her, pathetic
None of the buildings are connected but they all have tunnels with a shuttle under ground. If you have ever been there you know that the complex is an easy walk from one building to the other .

So your pushing BS about something you know nothing about , typical.
Old 02-04-2021, 11:30 AM   #185
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
In the last two rounds of payments, individuals with prior-year incomes above $75,000 and couples with combined incomes above $150,000 got smaller checks or none at all. A whopping 90% of U.S. households received payments from the last round.

Democrats may lower the phaseout threshold to $50,000 for individuals and $100,000 for married couples, according to Democratic aides. (The Washington Post first reported the lower threshold was under consideration.)

Earlier this week, a group of 10 Republican senators met with Biden at the White House and pitched him on a significantly smaller $600 billion relief package. Their plan calls for just $1,000 direct payments while reducing the income limit that determines eligibility to $50,000.

Republicans might get one of their requests .. no stimulus money for people making over 50k.

Seems the stimulus checks are such a small percentage of the 1.9T pie but the first thing both parties may agree to reduce.

Bastards.
I have no problem with that.I don't want any republican OR democratic pork . Nothing for the Kennedy Center or Boeing or anything like that , no trump Hotels.
Old 02-04-2021, 11:32 AM   #186
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:

Absolutely
............you don't.
Old 02-04-2021, 11:45 AM   #187
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:

Bastards
What a bunch of motherfuckers. 1st thing republicans "accomplish" under Biden is to screw millions of middle class Americans. Good work!! Meanwhile there are billions for other bullshit besides helping people.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 12:13 PM   #188
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I agree about all of that except that the Cannon bldg is considered part of the Capital complex. That part is more semantics than a purposeful lie.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/con...lmost-n1256052

Here is AOC stating Cruz and Hawley tried to have her killed

I am happy to work with Republicans on this issue where there’s common ground, but you almost had me murdered 3 weeks ago so you can sit this one out. Happy to work w/ almost any other GOP that aren’t trying to get me killed.

Here she saying she had a near death experience on Jan 6

Ocasio-Cortez, a frequent target of right-wing vitriol, has said she had a “very close encounter where I thought I was going to die” during the riot.

It’s a 10 minute walk to the capital...this is a lie folks. Not a near death experience, she was never in danger, never attacked, no rioters were in the cannon building

It’s all inflammatory lie...Another Jussie Smollet folks

Also why would she attack the capital police in the video? The people protecting her?

She wasn’t a victim...it’s a disgraceful, lying person who needs to seek professional help instead of getting on social media like a fucking clown.

He Gets Us
Old 02-04-2021, 01:04 PM   #189
MTK
\m/

I don't know, it was a pretty traumatic day for anyone just watching from home. Being in the vicinity of what was happening, and being someone like her with basically a big red X on her chest, could probably cause some stress especially if she's been a victim of severe trauma in the past as she says.

AOC's Capitol Instagram video backlash reveals myth of the perfect assault victim
Old 02-04-2021, 01:43 PM   #190
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Also some light reading pointing to fundamentals and policy in the Trump economy which made it superior to his predecessor

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/ar...r-than-obama-s

Not only did the unemployment rate continue to fall, but the percentage of Americans aged 25 to 54 either employed or looking for a job saw its first sustained rise since the late 1980s. This inflection point changed the character of the labor market.

In 2016, real median household income was $62,898, just $257 above its level in 1999. Over the next three years it grew almost $6,000, to $68,703. That’s perhaps why, despite the pandemic, 56% of U.S. voters polled last month said their families were better off today than they were four years ago.
2014 median income was 58k
2016 62.8k (rate increase of 2.4k per year)
2019 68.7k (1.96k increase per year)

Yet another trend that President Obama started that Voldemort inherited. While he couldnt keep up with President Obama's pace, few could, I give him credit for not royaly screwing it up.

President Obama saved America from the recession. Good bless that man.

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/MEHOINUSA672N

Jobs?

President Obama added 7.9 million jobs in his final 35 months vs the other guy's 6.7 in his first 35 months

Pay Increase?

A result of Counties and States already having scheduled minimum wage to increase. Example - Montgomery County passed legislation increasing minimum wage from $10.75 in 2017 to $15 by 2020.
https://www.govdocs.com/montgomery-c...mum-wage-bill/

Deficit?

3.507 Trillion total for President Obamas last 4 years

4.327 Trillion for the other guy for his only 4 years

(his last year does not include Covid, if it did, the deficit for 2020 would be 4.2T and not the 1.181T used for comparison to President Obama)

https://www.thebalance.com/us-deficit-by-year-3306306

Last edited by SunnySide; 02-04-2021 at 02:13 PM.
Old 02-04-2021, 01:58 PM   #191
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
2016 62.8k
2019 68.7k

Yet another trend that President Obama started that Voldemort inherited.

Voldemort; I'm unfamiliar with this term. But I prefer Bunker Boy.

So Trump inherited it and sustained/improved it (pre-COVID), wouldn't that deserve credit?

Revision history on Obama's presidency is the strongest force in the world.

Breakdown of the last 3 presidencies:

- Bush 2 sucked and did every wrong
- Obama was the most amazing president ever born, he fixed everything Bush did wrong, his economy was the greatest the world has ever seen, and he was so good he gets all credit for anything good that happened during Trump's presidency
- Bunker Boy is the devil incarnate, who literally did not accomplish 1 thing during his presidency

And for the next 4 years, Biden won't be held accountable for anything. It will all be blamed on Trump.
Old 02-04-2021, 02:08 PM   #192
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
2016 62.8k (rate increase of 2.4k per year)
2019 68.7k (1.96k increase per year)

Yet another trend that President Obama started that Voldemort inherited. While he couldnt keep up with President Obama's pace, few could, I give him credit for not royaly screwing it up.

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/MEHOINUSA672N
set the graph to ten years and re read the article.

Why are you so mad about record economic fundamentals across the board in the trump Presidential years? Why do you hate to see people do well especially black and Hispanic? I don’t get it...it must be that Baltimore political influence of keep people broke and desperate...never doing a fucking thing for them, after 40 years of Democratic rule.

Oh Trump helped folks get off food stamps at an enormous rate as well...under Obama welfare increase, even as the economy recovered...why is that?

Yet you complain about not getting covid handouts stimulus checks, while that money should go to the most in need. Figures

He Gets Us
Old 02-04-2021, 02:09 PM   #193
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
And for the next 4 years, Biden won't be held accountable for anything. It will all be blamed on Trump.
I posted numbers and facts. You post emotions and non sequitor.

Old 02-04-2021, 02:19 PM   #194
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
I posted numbers and facts. You post emotions and non sequitor.

Lol I see you capping months and manipulating the data....I’ll take the last 4 here...and 35 months here ( cause that makes sense)...and I’ll do the avg here and let’s not focus on doubling national debt...or give credit of job growth past this point...or talk zero% wage growth percentage here with Obama...or impact of tax policy.

Just re read the article...it’s cool. I understand your upset at trump economy where his policies directly impacted folks lives.

What was your impact policy directive from Obama? His brilliant legislation?

He Gets Us

Last edited by Chico23231; 02-04-2021 at 03:00 PM.
Old 02-04-2021, 02:27 PM   #195
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Actually, I asked a question supported by your numbers that you didn't answer 1st.

And secondly, you edited your response after I already responded with additional info.

Thirdly, I don't think you can mic drop yourself. Someone that supports your comment has to do that.