Winning

Debating with the enemy

Old 11-01-2018, 05:22 PM   #181
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: Winning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I really don’t care, but they try to come into the country illegally, they all should be arrested and deported.

It’s logistics...military is probably more prepared to deal with an unpredictable mass of people intent on breaking federal law than police. I think people are twisting the narrative and think this will be a confrontation...I think it’s more a political act for the organizers who really want the media to over sensationalize and take a bunch of emotional photos. Of course confrontation is what the media prefers.

It really doesn’t matter at this point in terms of outcome...it’s trumps fault always. We get it.
How exactly do you think 4k people in a big line are going to enter illegally?

The only logical play is asking for asylum, which we have laws in place for, which should be enforced? Right? Do you have a problem with refugees asking for asylum? Then change the law. That's a little harder than signing an executive order though.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-01-2018, 05:27 PM   #182
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Good, then talk to Credskin ...he doesn't.
I get it, but the real fact of all of this caravan crap is this. Trump didn't get a wall. Dem's don't want a wall, Republicans - especially corruporate ones, don't want a wall. Trumps base want's a wall, and may not have turned out since there was no wall.

So what does Trump do, he finds a thing to highlight the difference between the dems and trump republicans, and shouts from the roof top, the migrants are coming the migrants are coming. I will put forth the military to stop them now (they won't be on soil before the election) but OH OH OH, if you send Dems to the congress they will open the borders wide for them.

It's a great political strategy, it highlights differences that the dems would prefer not to focus on, and is at worse a nothing issue for most republicans, and at best a rallying cry for a part of the base that felt this republican congress let them down.

It's political chicanery at it's best/worst because by the time these caravans reach the border, the military's time on site will be winding down, the election will be over, and the majority of the walkers will have found places in Mexico rather than trying to outrun 15,000 troops along with the border guards.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 05:30 PM   #183
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
How exactly do you think 4k people in a big line are going to enter illegally?

The only logical play is asking for asylum, which we have laws in place for, which should be enforced? Right? Do you have a problem with refugees asking for asylum? Then change the law. That's a little harder than signing an executive order though.
to be fair they did a pretty good job of getting into Mexico, and that's a relatively small geographic area to cross. Right now the caravan could go to any point on the southern border, and if Trump had done nothing, and let the border patrol handle it with no extra capabilities, likely they could have crossed in sporadic groups somewhere along the rio grande at night time.
Old 11-01-2018, 06:05 PM   #184
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
to be fair they did a pretty good job of getting into Mexico, and that's a relatively small geographic area to cross. Right now the caravan could go to any point on the southern border, and if Trump had done nothing, and let the border patrol handle it with no extra capabilities, likely they could have crossed in sporadic groups somewhere along the rio grande at night time.

What you don't think the Border patrol works at night? I love it..."no extra capabilities" ,so send police,send State police . You're reaching to justify the illegal use of the military.
Old 11-01-2018, 06:08 PM   #185
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
What you don't think the Border patrol works at night? I love it..."no extra capabilities" ,so send police,send State police . You're reaching to justify the illegal use of the military.
Pretty sure the military defending the border, is likely a constitutionally ok thing.

you seem to stretching to justify bashing any move by trump.
Old 11-01-2018, 06:09 PM   #186
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
To also be fair let's compare how much money Mexico spends on their southern border patrol compared to how much we spend on ours. And to make it even more fair we won't compare full budgets as our border is much bigger, let's just take the total mileage from Mexico's border and work the math until we have a fair comparison.

But seriously, do you think our border patrol wouldn't just go spread out across the border from wherever the caravan ends up if the military wasn't going? Put out some OT, organize the border patrol troops, and set them up. Are those immigrants going to try and fight the border patrol to get in? No.

At this point I don't even care if a wall gets built, at least it's not money going towards bailouts of undeserving companies, or getting tacked onto the military budget, or going towards paying Trump's golf courses for the cost of the Secret Service overrunning one of them every other weekend.

My problem with the wall is the drug war. It will stop solo cartel workers from coming in with 50 lb bundles of weed on their backs, but it's not gonna stop bulk shipments coming in via truck, plane, boat, or tunnel.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 06:12 PM   #187
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Pretty sure the military defending the border, is likely a constitutionally ok thing.

you seem to stretching to justify bashing any move by trump.
Are we at war with these people ,have I missed where trump declared war on these people??? There are people assigned to do that job,no,it is not the job of the Military unless this is an emergency and as has been pointed out...........it's not.
Old 11-01-2018, 06:26 PM   #188
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Are we at war with these people ,have I missed where trump declared war on these people??? There are people assigned to do that job,no,it is not the job of the Military unless this is an emergency and as has been pointed out...........it's not.
are we at war in syria? have we declared war in the persian gulf?

Have we declared war in Somalia or other areas the military has flown relief missions.

How about Trump declares the caravan a human tragedy (which it is) and authorizes the military to airlift them back to their home land?

stretch all you want, the military acting in support of border patrol agents is not an illegal act.

From 2013 Congressional Research Service:
Securing America’s Borders:
The Role of the Military
R. Chuck Mason
Legislative Attorney
February 25, 2013

Quote:
The military indirectly supports border security and immigration control efforts under general legislation that authorizes the Armed Forces to support federal, state, and local LEAs. Since the early 1980s, Congress has periodically authorized an expanded role for the military in providing support to LEAs. Basic authority for most DOD assistance was originally passed in 1981 and is contained in Chapter 18 of Title 10 of the U.S. Code—Military Support for Civilian Law Enforcement Agencies. Under Chapter 18 of Title 10, Congress authorizes DOD to share information (§371); loan equipment and facilities (§372); provide expert advice and training (§373); and maintain and operate equipment (§374). For federal LEAs, DOD personnel may be made available, under Section 374, to maintain and operate equipment in conjunction with counterterrorism operations (including the rendition of a suspected terrorist from a foreign country) or the enforcement of counterdrug laws, immigration laws, and customs requirements. For any civilian LEA, Section 374 allows DOD personnel to maintain and operate equipment for a variety of purposes, including aerial reconnaissance and the detection, monitoring, and communication of air and sea traffic, and of surface traffic outside the United States or within 25 miles of U.S. borders
Old 11-01-2018, 06:52 PM   #189
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
are we at war in syria? have we declared war in the persian gulf?

Have we declared war in Somalia or other areas the military has flown relief missions.

How about Trump declares the caravan a human tragedy (which it is) and authorizes the military to airlift them back to their home land?

stretch all you want, the military acting in support of border patrol agents is not an illegal act.

From 2013 Congressional Research Service:
Securing America’s Borders:
The Role of the Military
R. Chuck Mason
Legislative Attorney
February 25, 2013

From your own post..........

"The military indirectly supports border security and immigration control efforts under general legislation that authorizes the Armed Forces to support federal, state, and local LEAs. Since the early 1980s, Congress has periodically authorized an expanded role for the military in providing support to LEAs" CONGRESS"authorized ,not trump.................,you're defending trump trying to be a dictator.
Old 11-07-2018, 01:02 AM   #190
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

I will say it again,

I think the country won today. You heard it in Pelosi's victory speech. Talking about unity, places that common ground can be found. I think we will see a little bit of a tone shift from Trump. Hopefuly the next 2 years the angry rhetoric on both sides dies down, yes it will pick back up at some point for the next election, but maybe we can all find civility and tone.
Old 11-07-2018, 02:17 AM   #191
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

The # 1 job of the federal government is to defend the country. The president has discretion as commander in chief on how to use the military.

I'd much rather have American soldiers actually protecting our country than the billions of billions we spend defending the planet.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 02:21 AM   #192
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

There is a group of thousands of people that have said they are planning on coming here illegally. The road to asylum is not creating a mob of 1000s of people to willfully plan on violating our sovereignty. Also I love the assumption that they're all just innocent little angels seeking asylum. Like there is not even 1 person with an alterior motive.

What is the democrats plan for this? Just let them all in no questions asked? So far, it's all bashing Trump and no legitimate alternatives.
Old 11-07-2018, 02:45 AM   #193
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

In California, we had 2 choices for senator to vote for, both Democrat, and Feinstein won easily. This isn't a democrat exclusive thing, it just shows that we as a nation of voters will never actually get term limits, which is so badly needed, because why would we? People won't even vote for other members of their own party. Feinstein is 107 years old. Why not give someone else a shot? Nope, lets just vote her in again.

Last edited by sdskinsfan2001; 11-07-2018 at 03:02 AM.
Old 11-07-2018, 03:01 AM   #194
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Tomorrow is going to be a hoot. National Republican news will say they won tonight. Democratic news will say they won.

I think Democrats won. Ugh. Lol.

I'll drink the koolaid like every Redskins season and pretend like Congress can actually come together now and get stuff done now.
Old 11-07-2018, 05:21 AM   #195
Giantone
Gamebreaker

I think it went better than I expected but as I stated before the the trump terror tour worked especialy if you look at the results of the boarder states.