Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

Ukraine mega thread

Debating with the enemy

Old 05-12-2014, 12:29 PM   #181
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: Hey there's about to be a war in Ukraine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailGreen28 View Post
Thanks for explaining to me what Putin was saying about the election.

I really think Putin is going to try to take Odessa and other productive regions of Ukraine, the same way he sliced off parts of Georgia and Crimea. I think Ukraine has to worry more about Russians inside it's territory leading groups shooting down helicopters and separatist "federalization" mob attacks, than the Russian troops on the border.
Well, I think you had described it earlier, but they are using pretty much the Crimea strategy. Now that they held the referendums, they are asking to join Russia, and Russia said they were going to seek recognition of the states from the UN (like that is going to happen) and then I imagine they will annex and send in troops. Have to wonder how the Kiev group will respond to that.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-12-2014, 12:39 PM   #182
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Paula Slier is a correspondent for the Russian Times Newspaper that is covering the Ukraine war from the Russian view. Denis Pushilin is the leader of the pro russian forces (interesting - but not surprising -that they wanted to be called pro-federalization, but now that the referendum has occurred they are seeking integration into Russia)

PaulaSlier_RT ‏@PaulaSlier_RT 2h
#DenisPushilin: we, the people of the Donetsk Republic, declare that from now on the Republic is a sovereign state.

PaulaSlier_RT ‏@PaulaSlier_RT 2h
We ask the Russian Federation to examine the possibility of the Republic to become part of the Russian Federation.
Old 05-12-2014, 02:42 PM   #183
HailGreen28
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Well, I think you had described it earlier, but they are using pretty much the Crimea strategy. Now that they held the referendums, they are asking to join Russia, and Russia said they were going to seek recognition of the states from the UN (like that is going to happen) and then I imagine they will annex and send in troops. Have to wonder how the Kiev group will respond to that.
Depends on whether the referendum vote was free and not tampered with. The pro russian group caught with ballots already marked seem to indicate otherwise.
HailGreen28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 02:54 PM   #184
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

I think it's fair to say that any vote with a 90% yes vote is probably rigged. Honestly you would think dictators would learn to make their vote outcomes something like 63/36, because that more closely reflects human tendencies in contested votes. If 90% are voting one way in a critical/divisive election, you can pretty much assume intimidation and fraud.
Old 05-13-2014, 01:21 PM   #185
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

This is for NC_Skins

Quote:
Balkanist Magazine ‏@Balkanist
VP Joe Biden's son has been appointed director of #Ukraine’s largest private gas
Hunter Biden joins the team of Burisma Holdings | Burisma

Old 05-13-2014, 02:39 PM   #186
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

and for all you wikileaks guys out there:

https://wikileaks.org/plusd/cables/0...html#efmAB5ACs

a cable from 2008 that basically says if Ukraine goes towards NATO, Russia will respond like it has. Interesting read actually.
Old 05-16-2014, 02:59 PM   #187
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Really could be a big turning point in the crisis:

Ukraine: Pro-Russian insurgents retreat from buildings in Mariupol - World - CBC News

Basically one of the largest employers in the region said that going toward Russia was going to be bad for everyone.

The story seems like a real positive change in the city of Mariopul (sp?). The more areas that can vote in the upcoming election (which hopefully is fully monitored and sanctioned as legitimate by appropriate international observers) the more the crisis will diminish.
Old 05-19-2014, 09:50 PM   #188
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

What have we told them about leaving their Tanks in the middle of the streets with the keys in them:

Random Dude Fires Tank Abandoned On Ukraine Street

Kids these days Geez.
Old 05-20-2014, 04:21 PM   #189
HailGreen28
Playmaker

Quote:
What have we told them about leaving their Tanks in the middle of the streets with the keys in them:

Random Dude Fires Tank Abandoned On Ukraine Street

Kids these days Geez.
wow. I'm guessing the Ukrainian army abandoned that bmp?
Old 06-24-2014, 12:02 PM   #190
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/23/wo...ties.html?_r=0

In a new excerpt from secretly recorded conversations involving some of Poland’s highest officials, Foreign Minister Radoslaw Sikorski is quoted as describing his country’s security relationship with the United States as “worth nothing.”

Mr. Sikorski goes on to say in the recording released on Sunday, “It’s even harmful, as it gives Poland a false sense of security.” He also describes the relationship in more vulgar terms.

The deepening scandal over the conversations — apparently recorded in the back rooms of restaurants frequented by Poland’s political elite and leaked to a weekly Warsaw newspaper — has threatened the survival of Prime Minister Donald Tusk’s center-right government.
The scandal erupted last weekend, when Wprost released the first of the transcripts, declining to say where it had gotten them or who it believed had recorded them.

Here is Russia secretly recording and releasing taped conversations between high ranking Polish officials. We remember when this happened around this time last year between our Ukraine Diplomat and the State dept?

Folks pretty easy to see that Russia is doing everything possible to continue to destablize that region. Russia see we've got a weak guy in office.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 08:28 AM   #191
HailGreen28
Playmaker

CNN's take on the Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17 tragedy so far.

LINK

Putin: "Russian President Vladimir Putin said Ukraine's military campaign against the separatists was to blame.

"This tragedy would not have happened, if there had been peace on that land, or in any case, if military operations in southeastern Ukraine had not been renewed," Putin said in televised remarks. "And without a doubt the government of the territory on which it happened bears responsibility for this frightening tragedy."

Translation: "If only Ukraine had surrendered to the rebels we are arming, our rebels wouldn't have had to shoot down a civilian airliner."

Deleted posts suggest Ukraine rebels downed Malaysian jet in error.

LINK
Old 07-27-2014, 09:12 PM   #192
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

U.S. releases images it says show Russia has fired artillery over border into Ukraine - The Washington Post

I don't think we needed to see pictures to know what Russia has been doing. Fuck those asshats.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 09:23 PM   #193
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Quote:
and for all you wikileaks guys out there:

https://wikileaks.org/plusd/cables/0...html#efmAB5ACs

a cable from 2008 that basically says if Ukraine goes towards NATO, Russia will respond like it has. Interesting read actually.

How did I miss these gems? Not surprising that high ranking official's family members are making bank. Nah...no conflicts of interests. Those cables from 2008 were spot on as well. Amazing.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 11:27 AM   #194
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

So Ukranian troops thought going into Russia without weapons and then coming back into Ukraine gave them a free pass? Sounds like they learned their training from Bill Murray in Stripes. Oh wait, even he knew to take weapons.

UKRAINE: Pro-Russian Separatists Opened Fire On Our Unarmed Soldiers - Business Insider

As Walter from Jeff Dunham would say...
Old 08-05-2014, 04:02 PM   #195
over the mountain
Playmaker

after months of build up, things seem imminent again. 19-20k tropps at border, putin calling for an emergency UN session to address the "humanitarian crisis" in Ukraine ...

I like a quote from POTUS i read a little bit ago .... "russia doesn't make anything. no immigrants are going there for jobs or growth and the male life expectancy is 60 years old".
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote