Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

What would it take?

Debating with the enemy

Old 01-31-2017, 03:26 PM   #1
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Re: What would it take?

Cant wait for Captain Gay Lover to let us know where Bannon , err um , where he stands on everything.
#thingswillneverbestranger
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 08:52 PM   #2
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

I enjoy the fact that green card holders are also barred from entering the US. Nothing says "we don't even trust the other branches of our gov't to properly vet potential immigrants" like banning them in addition to undocumented immigrants. You just know that will be repealed later and then the Dems are gonna eat it up like they made a difference. Meanwhile Trump sits there testing the limits of his powers while distracting us with bullshit.
Old 02-01-2017, 09:25 AM   #3
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I enjoy the fact that green card holders are also barred from entering the US. Nothing says "we don't even trust the other branches of our gov't to properly vet potential immigrants" like banning them in addition to undocumented immigrants. You just know that will be repealed later and then the Dems are gonna eat it up like they made a difference. Meanwhile Trump sits there testing the limits of his powers while distracting us with bullshit.
Ive watched someone on NBC news say this wasn't true?

There is so much misinformation about the move...is it even a ban? nobody really knows.

Honestly, there is so much bullshit out there and folks are generally just making up stuff, write a bs article on the internet and pass it off as fact. The reason is the media doesn't fact check, basically whatever trump says just makeup whatever you need to go against it.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 09:33 AM   #4
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post

There is so much misinformation about the move...is it even a ban? nobody really knows.

Honestly, there is so much bullshit out there and folks are generally just making up stuff, write a bs article on the internet and pass it off as fact. The reason is the media doesn't fact check, basically whatever trump says just makeup whatever you need to go against it.
I think the problem is that in the White House they are confused. Michael Flynn couldn't respond to his Canadian counterparts questions about the executive action and this the man who is supposed to be enforcing it. It looks pretty piss poor when the admins own team can't field these questions from inquiring governments. This is why there is so much confusion not journalist making stuff up.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 09:59 AM   #5
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
I think the problem is that in the White House they are confused. Michael Flynn couldn't respond to his Canadian counterparts questions about the executive action and this the man who is supposed to be enforcing it. It looks pretty piss poor when the admins own team can't field these questions from inquiring governments. This is why there is so much confusion not journalist making stuff up.
So if the media reports green cards are banned, writes articles stating the green cards are banned, that's ok?

He Gets Us
Old 02-01-2017, 10:34 AM   #6
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
So if the media reports green cards are banned, writes articles stating the green cards are banned, that's ok?
No it means that those representing the administration need to get their shit together and make sure they are providing the same information when being interviewed instead of one person saying one thing and one saying the other.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 05:36 PM   #7
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:

I'm basing this off the videos and posts on social media and reddit where green card holders are saying they are being denied entry at the airport in whatever ME country they are stuck in. Haven't seen anything on MSNBC yet about it.
Old 02-01-2017, 07:01 PM   #8
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I'm basing this off the videos and posts on social media and reddit where green card holders are saying they are being denied entry at the airport in whatever ME country they are stuck in. Haven't seen anything on MSNBC yet about it.
I saw it Sunday on NBC...green cards were all good.

I'm fairly certain the president cannot order green cards to become invalid.

He Gets Us
Old 02-01-2017, 09:25 PM   #9
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
I saw it Sunday on NBC...green cards were all good.

I'm fairly certain the president cannot order green cards to become invalid.
I'm not saying Trump said throw the green card holders in too, idk the person/people responsible for it. I'm just saying that I saw social media/reddit posts from people with green cards and visas saying they were stopped at the airport. Not talking about the guy with the dead mother in Iraq either, I didn't read that story.

Edit: I realized I am getting this wrong, I am getting green card holders and people with visas mixed up. I saw something about green card holders but nothing concrete so I am most likely mistaking them for visa holders that were denied entry onto planes. If you want I will try to find the posts on reddit/social media where visa holders were denied entry.
Old 01-31-2017, 09:32 PM   #10
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Shocking new!! Protesters are outside the supreme court protesting!
At this rate Trump will be able to say his presidency had the most protesters ever before the first 6 months are over.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 08:37 AM   #11
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
At this rate Trump will be able to say his presidency had the most protesters ever before the first 6 months are over.

They have every right to protest. This SCOTUS nomination was outright stolen from Obama. Gerrick Marland should be on the SCOTUS but wasn't even allowed a chance for damn near a year. I hope the Democrats realize now they can't play fair with the GOP, and they'll have to fight fire with fire as shitty as it is.

When the GOP stole Merrick Garland’s Supreme Court seat, they set the stage for a miserable battle - LA Times
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 09:17 AM   #12
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
They have every right to protest. This SCOTUS nomination was outright stolen from Obama. Gerrick Marland should be on the SCOTUS but wasn't even allowed a chance for damn near a year. I hope the Democrats realize now they can't play fair with the GOP, and they'll have to fight fire with fire as shitty as it is.

When the GOP stole Merrick Garlandâ€s Supreme Court seat, they set the stage for a miserable battle - LA Times

It is unreal. Either his supporters, (not you Cred as at least you are aware of the facts[the non- alternative ones]), are just unaware of recent history or completely full of shit. Or both.
They fought Obama for a freaking year, and want the red carpet rolled out immediately for Trumps pick????
I honestly believe that 70% of the people crying about the fight being put up about Trumps pick actually have no idea how this has all unfolded. Only thing worse than a hypocrite is an ignorant hypocrite.
Old 02-01-2017, 09:30 AM   #13
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
It is unreal. Either his supporters, (not you Cred as at least you are aware of the facts[the non- alternative ones]), are just unaware of recent history or completely full of shit. Or both.
They fought Obama for a freaking year, and want the red carpet rolled out immediately for Trumps pick????
I honestly believe that 70% of the people crying about the fight being put up about Trumps pick actually have no idea how this has all unfolded. Only thing worse than a hypocrite is an ignorant hypocrite.
The only difference between the Republicans last year, and the Democrats this time, is that during the election this was a major point for both parties, and the Republicans won. BUT, and this is the only time I will give credence to the popular vote, the fact that HC won the popular vote should have held some bearing on Trump's nominee. It clearly didn't as this was a pick to satisfy the strict conservative, and (hypocritical) Christian base. I understand why he had to make this pick, but if it was up to me, I would have gone with a choice that Democrats and Republicans (not the 1/3 of each party that's just rabid, but the sane ones) could come together on.

The problem with that, is a judge is basically either a "the constitution is what is", or a "the constitution is a living document" judge. That doesn't leave much in the way of compromise, but I would like to think that if you really looked you would find one.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 09:34 AM   #14
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
The only difference between the Republicans last year, and the Democrats this time, is that during the election this was a major point for both parties, and the Republicans won. BUT, and this is the only time I will give credence to the popular vote, the fact that HC won the popular vote should have held some bearing on Trump's nominee. It clearly didn't as this was a pick to satisfy the strict conservative, and (hypocritical) Christian base. I understand why he had to make this pick, but if it was up to me, I would have gone with a choice that Democrats and Republicans (not the 1/3 of each party that's just rabid, but the sane ones) could come together on.

The problem with that, is a judge is basically either a "the constitution is what is", or a "the constitution is a living document" judge. That doesn't leave much in the way of compromise, but I would like to think that if you really looked you would find one.

Exactly this was a stick it to the right pick. And there was never an ounce of thought put into one that might help unify things. Trump is so hung up on his popularity that he is now in full battle mode with every action he takes. Has no intentions of unifying anybody. Good luck with that.
Old 02-01-2017, 09:11 AM   #15
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:

As well it should as there has never been such a clueless, vile, insane potus before.